“Good value, very peaceful, only needs hot water”
Review of Las Palmas Inn

Las Palmas Inn
Ranked #7 of 19 Rincon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had a great experience here. First of all, the directions they send by email are perfectly accurate. Second, the place is in perfect shape, we used the pool once and it was great, there are no noises outside, very peaceful and quiet. The only downside is that there was never hot water, but other than that, we stayed here to have a place to sleep in and prepare for entire days doing things outside the property, so we were satisfied. The day of your check-in, they call you to make sure you're coming and know the directions. Their service is very good. Would not mind coming back.

Room Tip: Probably the rooms that face the back of the property have an ocean view, but since the doors are so...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GIRC

Reviewed 16 March 2013

We arrived after dark after a very long day of travel. We knew that this place was an overflow/annex/adjunct facility for the Casa Islena Inn located about 1/2 a mile away. We greatly appreciated the folks at the Casa Islena who wre helpfulin getting us to our place. The Las Palmas appears to have no on-site staff and is not well marked from the main road. In any event, we found that we had a very large room ( perhaps the building was built as a building of studio apartments rather than a hotel). The following morwning, we discovered that there was no hot water for our shower. Allthough we had nothing to re-heat immediately, we plugged in the micro-wave oven and found that it was not in operating condition. we also confirmed that there was neither a phone in our room, or a coin phone on the property.

We visited the Casa Islena and made our concerns about the micro-wave and the lack of hot water known. To their credit, before the day was out, the micro-wave has been changed for one that did work, and we learned that the default method of heating hot water, a solar powered unit, had seemingly failed to produce much hot water the previous day due to cloudy, rainy weather. Apparently, no alternate method had been utilized. We did have hot water the remaining mornings we were there.

We should note that we paid a reasonable rate for that area and that we booked our room through an on-line travel agency.

Our stay was without further such awkwardnesses, and it is probably not likely that every guest had the same experience. Even so, we would probably not stay there again.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eugene22
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We just stayed here for a few days and wasn't expecting much of it since it was last minute and the other hotel by the water was fully booked. We were nicely surprised to realize that it was still close enough to the beach and surf spots (a short walk down the hill) and how nice the place looks. We felt like we just rented a whole spanish villa in the Caribbean! Nice pool, nice views from the balconies and the rooms were spacious enough to store our surfboards without feeling confined. For the price, I feel its the best deal in Rincon! We will be back soon.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms facing the oceanview.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Randy T
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Went there for a weekend getaway and really enjoyed it. This inn is secluded and very quiet, and only a 3 minute drive from restaurants, bars and Rincón's beautiful beaches. All I really need after a hot day in the sun at the beach is a nice shower and a cool air conditioning unit and our room (Room 5) really delivered. I was specially surprised by how pretty much everything was in excellent shape - paintjob, bathrooms, etc. The grounds are very well maintained and in pristine shape, the pool was clean, and the room itself was roomier than I expected. Useful mini fridge and kitchenette. I would definitely go back. As for other reviewers' comments, I did not find the hotel too difficult to locate, and they've placed a sign or two on your way there so that you don't get lost. I've submitted a couple of photos, one of them from Room 5.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Eabi
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We arrived late in Rincon and realized that hotels / inns at that time were quite busy to fully booked. The Palmas Inn was recommended to us with the words that it is very likely that we might get something there. After having been there we understand why. First of all the lady at the reception (the inn belongs to the casa islena) was very unfriendly, "eveything was to much". Then we ended up at the Palmas Inn. It is located in the mountains, with partial view of the sea. The building itself is fairly new, but the rooms have black dark doors without any window. Only one window at all to the side of the room (remember, there is the sea in front). We had two queen beds, a remote control - but no TV....the wardrobe with a terrible smell inside, same the towels in the bathroom. The whole place gave us the impression of beeing the last exit if nothing else is left. Breakfast was not included, so we had breakfast at the casa islena. Breakfast was ok, we also had diner the night before, here the Manager was taking care of us (he was very friendly) and the food was good. The casa islena is directly located at the small, nature beach. However, the review is for the accommodation and we would certainly never! go back there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TDBBerlin
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I can only comment on their service over the phone because I have yet to stay at the property. Nevertheless, I was so pleased with the customer service I received from Dario (the owner) over the phone that I would like to rate him based on this. I will most likely be writing a separate review once I stay at Las Palmas next month.

Anyways, I called last week in order to clarify some questions I had before I booked two nights at this cute hotel. I was inquiring over the policy for late check-in. Dario reviewed with me what to do regarding my late check-in and when I mentioned I was traveling with an infant, he graciously offered the use of their pack-and-play free of charge. I was very relieved that he offered the use of the pack-and-play they have at their property as I was already stressing out about the sleeping arrangements for my infant son.

I noticed that several people have complained on this site over being unable to find the hotel. Well, since I have previously seen where the hotel is located, I know I will have no problem finding the hotel. However, Dario was not shy to admit that the hotel is hidden and hard to find and he wanted to ensure over the phone that I knew how to get to the hotel. I am assuming that the negative reviews regarding not finding the hotel is because people assume they can find it on their own and decline his help or directions.

Looking forward my stay at Las Palmas Inn next month!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2012

This place was very disappointing. The pictures of the room are not accurate - the rooms are dark not white. Once you enter there are tons of mosquitos at the front door. When I arrived with my family it was hard to find since there were no clear large signs (inn is at the bottom of a steep hill). The pool was dirty - full of insects. The fire alarm in the room was missing its cover. We did not like it and stayed one night. The manager refused to refund us for the rest of the week and wouldn't even get us to another hotel. I tried to be nice and not insult the business but we had nothing but poor service from inn / manager.

Room Tip: don't book here - find something new the beach
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family