“Need to unwind?”
Review of Villa Quiles

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rincon
Villa Quiles
Reviewed 5 June 2012

This was my first trip to Rincon and I had no idea where to stay but I needed to get away from Houston.

I found a business card of a taxi driver from San Juan that I had saved when I was there several years ago. She had written on the card that Rincon was nice and Villa Quiles was quite "comfortable and reasonable".

So I emailed Edith that I was passing through and needed a room for a couple of nights. Well I ended up staying for 2 weeks and Edith bent over backwards to make sure I was happy and well taken care of. She even had family scheduled to stay there from New York and rather than inconvenience me and make me find different lodgings, Edith made alternate arrangements for them.

I can't say enough about how friendly and hard working Edith is and how she will make you feel right at home and, oh yeah, the place is immaculate and quiet.

I rented a car and I would advise the same, but you are only 5 minutes from the beach and several great restaurants.

You could probably shop around for a better view but you won't find a more homey or peaceful villa on the island. "Comfortable and reasonable" is an understatement.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank jshukers

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Wonderful place! We felt like guests at a friend's home. The place is beautifully located on the summit of a hill. It is surrounded by nature and the grounds are perfectly kept. Our hosts were attentive and helpful throughout. Thank you Edith! Our room was large with a private terrace. It was filled with unexpected amenities, including tons of toiletries, fruits and snacks, even a bottle of wine! The hillside ride to the beaches is unforgettable. We felt in love with this place and would gladly come back again and again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Claudio C
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Villa Quiles is amazing! We travel to Rincon twice a year, and have stayed everywhere-- from beach rentals in Corcega, Pools Beach, Sandy Beach, to my aunt's home in the hills... and VQ is by far the most peaceful, relaxing, and well-appointed place we've ever stayed in. We wished we had known about it earlier- since we got married in Rincon a couple of years ago. Edith, the owner, goes out of her way to make your stay memorable and overall perfect. VQ is situated right above the English Rose Inn, and has views of the ocean and surrounding valley that will take your breath away. The property is meticulously kept- with lush gardens of tropical plants and flowers. The entire property feels completely private and we felt like we were in our own tropical heaven. The pool area is extremely relaxing and very private also. We stayed in "The Pool Room," which is apparently their smallest room; however, it was plenty big and extremely comfortable, with every possible amenity you could think of. We truly felt as if we had finally found paradise! We thought Rincon was wonderful before, but Villa Quiles has now made it even more special for us! We can't wait to get back!

Room Tip: All rooms are large and are extremely quiet and private.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank atlastravel
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Villa Quiles was one of the most clean, comfortable, secluded, beautiful places that I have ever stayed in Puerto Rico. I was with one other person and we stayed in the "Blue Room," which was perfect, quiet, and quaint. The owners were the most friendly people and they made sure we had everything we needed in order for us to enjoy our stay with them. They helped us feel comfortable and we really enjoyed staying at the Villa knowing that they were always just a phone call away. The Villa is located in the upper hills of Puerto Rico, and the English Rose restaurant is just a walk down the hill, where they make the best breakfast on the island. Overall, staying at Villa Quiles is an experience I will never forget. It was a perfect place to enjoy the lush beauty of the environment around us and the magnificent scenes that Puerto Rico has to offerI Thank you Villa Quiles!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Valerie F
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I live in Old San Juan on one of the main roads and after the San Sebastian festival, I needed some peace and quiet. I found this villa on-line and sent an email asking about availability. Edith responded that the blue room was available for the dates I needed. I booked and really wasn't sure what to expect as I'd not been to Rincon previously. Oh my word. This is THE place to be for relaxing and quiet time. Extremely convenient to beaches, dining and attractions, yet up in a quiet area with little traffic.

Our room is incredible. Private terrace, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, cereals, fruits, even beer, soda and water stocked in the fridge. Bathroom has baskets of amenitites from shampoos, soaps, lotions, insect repellent (which we haven't needed to use) and even aloe gel if you overdo it at the beach.

A beautiful pool area and pagoda complete the property. This place has it all. I can't say enough good about it, only that this will be my escape. No more flying to the states to escape, it's just a quick 2 hour drive and I'm in paradise.

One last note, Edith is out of town this weekend, so Marilyn is watching over things. I received a call from her prior to arriving so she'd be sure she was here when we arrived. Then, I had a message from Edith wanting to check and make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed! We're the only ones staying this weekend, which I find completely unbelievable! How in the world they don't have it full all the time is mind boggling!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Terri S
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My stay at Villa Quiles was well-worth the anxiety of trying to find a place to stay in a foreign place for a friend's destination wedding weekend. I stayed there with one of my best college friends, and in terms of comfort, cleanliness, security and ambience, I think that you would be hard-pressed to find a better deal in Rincon.

The criterion above are how I tried to judge properties both from home and after I arrived and had the chance to see some of the other places that were advertised online. In specific:

Comfort - Exceeded all expectations. In terms of pre-arrival comfort, I was VERY uneasy both about using Paypal and arriving in the middle of the night after a long day of traveling. The professional and caring attitude of the owner put me at ease. In regards to the payment, she responded personally and quickly to my inquiries. In regards to the travel, my map got me to Rincon, but the owner called my cell phone a few minutes past my estimated arrival time and coached me directly to the spot. Once I arrived, I was impressed by how quiet and well-kept the place was. No obnoxious parties or drunk surfers...pretty pool...beautiful grounds. As far as my room was concerned, it was large and air-conditioned. The bed was soft, the TV worked perfectly (even though I spent most of my time outside, I was able to watch the NBA finals) and the bathroom was private and spacious. My room even had an essentially private porch with a couch, a fan and a coffee table. The owner was almost always around the property, and definitely always available by phone.

Cleanliness - Met all expectations. At any hotel, I would expect my room and the linens to be clean. No problems here.

Security - Exceeded expectations. The door to my room had 2 locks and a locking screen door. My rental car was parked in a private driveway. There were no issues, and after being there a day, I would have been surprised if there were issues (couldn't say the same about some of the other places I saw).

Ambiance/location - Blew my expectations away. This may have been the most impressive characteristic of them all. This place is in the jungle and on top of a hill from which the ocean is just less than a mile away (and visible in 270 degrees from the top of the property). There are definitely other places where you can just roll out of bed and step onto the beach, but even after seeing those places, I didn't regret my decision. All things considered, Villa Quiles is a better bet. The beach and beach parties are a beautiful < 5 minute drive away, as is the town. Driving down that hill takes you through the jungle on a road where there is a full tree canopy. If you're a runner, the hill is also a great run (though I spent a few minutes dry-heaving in my room after trying to jog up). The English Rose is also about 75 yards down the hill from Villa Quiles, and rumor had it that their breakfast/brunch was pretty good. In terms of the actual property, despite the modern comfort, you only needed to take one step outside to be reminded that not only were you on vacation but you were on a tropical vacation. Also, the owner was awesome! She was sweet, personable and has nice taste in terms of jazz, art and wine.

All in all, I have not one bad thing to say about this place. The next time my girlfriend and I are looking for a weekend retreat, this is where we're going. From the perspective of a unmarried, twenty-something, male medical resident, this place can't be beat!

Room Tip: I stayed in the "blue room"
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank A S
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Our group of 3 stayed at Villa Quiles during our recent stay in Puerto Rico and we couldn't have been more thrilled with our stay! The 2 bedroom apartment was well appointed with everything we needed. Lots of special touches and nicely laid out. The grounds are gorgeous. It's a super location in the hills with a great view- easy to get to the beach or into town. The night sounds are amazing- frogs, birds, etc. Edith was a pleasure to work with prior to our stay and had so many terrific suggestions for restaurants, groceries, activities, etc. once we got there. She is a ton of fun and great to spend time with. She made us feel so welcome....overall, an amazing experience. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple