“Perfection.”
Review of Villa Quiles

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rincon
Villa Quiles
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“Perfection.”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I left the travel details to the boyfriend for this trip and arriving at Edith's at 2 a.m. was one of the highlights of the entire vacation. We were greeted like new/old dear friends in the wee hours of the morning, and felt compelled to stay awake to enjoy a Rincon sunrise, lounging by the private pool, enjoying the complimentary fruit and wine, and I am so glad we did--the views are breathtaking, in every direction, from Villa Quiles. Another guest arrived a day or so after us, but we never saw anyone but Edith and the friend she designated to help us as she left for NYC before we left Villa Quiles. Both Edith and friend embody the type of hospitality we're used to being from the southern US, just a phone call away to answer any question or request we had. We joke that we would move in if Edith would have us...but we might seriously consider it, if she would have us!! :)

Every other Excellent review is on-point. We literally drove from one end of the island (Rincon) to the other (Fajardo) and saw so much of Puerto Rico, and I can say that I would have been JUST as happy to have never left Edith's and Rincon at all. Such an easy-breezy, beautifully slow island feel to the whole experience. If you are looking for R&R, look no further than this little piece of heaven. We can't wait to get back.

Room Tip: We loved the blue room with the private patio. Equipped with coffee maker & supplies, microwave...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DzdNCnfsd82

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Metairie, Louisiana
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This is the PERFECT place to relax with your sweetie. I will definitely return and will always have a special place in my heart reserved for this little corner of the Earth. It is conveniently located...perfectly out of the way, but still only 5 minutes from a half-dozen beaches of varying types. LOVE IT!

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarcL1234
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Back for the first time in almost a year and it just keeps getting better. Stayed in the pool room and even though she was booked up, I never saw or heard another person while I was there. It was so peaceful and quiet (as it always is) that I remembered why I call it my "happy place". It's just what I needed after a busy season in Old San Juan. As soon as I arrived, my blood pressure dropped and pulse slowed. There is a beautiful pool area and a great casual area just beyond. In one direction you have a gorgeous valley view and in the other you can see the sea. This has to be the most romantic place on earth and it's not contrived. Even so, as a solo traveler I didn't feel out of place. Simply put, it's relaxation at it's finest.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Terri S
Long Beach, New York
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I almost don't want to write a review for this spot.....I want to save it for myself. This quaint Villa is my home away from home. Every year when I come home to P.R. I call Villa Quiles and rent my room in the garden of eden. It's away from the hustle & bustle and way up on the hill where you can hear the Coqui's and feel the beautiful breeze. I love having my private swimming pool and looking out at the ocean. I'm 5 minutes down the hill to all my favorite Restaurants & beaches. I will never stay anywhere else. I will see you next year Villa Quiles......can't wait.. Elsa

Room Tip: Small room is next to pool and has a hammock.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ealeman
Medina, OH USA
Reviewed 9 April 2013

When the owner of the property you are staying at is willing to come out and find you in a neighboring town at 1AM after you've lost your way from the airport, you know you've found a special place to spend your holiday. Staying with Edith at Villa Quiles is like staying with a long-time friend. She warmly welcomes you to her home and makes sure that you have everything you need to make your stay comfortable and convenient. The property is located on top of a hill in a quiet and peaceful tropical setting, yet just minutes away from a large variety of local restaurants and beach bars. If you are looking for privacy and serenity, then Villa Quiles is the place for you. While not a traditional B&B, you will still find everything you need from a mini-fridge, microwave and eating utensils right down to beach chairs and coolers. Edith knows everything about Rincon and the surrounding area and can help guide you to anything you want in terms of restaurants, bars, night life, sight seeing and beaches. She is never intrusive, yet she's always available to answer any questions you might have or get you anything you need for your room. She genuinely appreciates her guests and wants them to have a wonderful experience while staying at Villa Quiles. She certainly made our visit a memorable one and we will cherish the memories of our time in Rincon and at Villa Quiles.

Room Tip: The "Blue" room has a lovely, semi-private patio right outside the door to sit on and enjo...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DesertBen
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 March 2013

This was our second holiday in Rincon. The first time we stayed at Casa Islena, we did not go back, enough said. For our second holiday, we desired a more intimate, home away from home setting. Villa Quiles exceeded all our expectations and then some. We stayed in the two bedroom flat with all the amenities, just lovely in all aspects. Our favorite was the wrap around balcony in the mornings. This is the time of day many exotic birds are hanging out on the properties extraordinary foliage,
The proprietor is an exceptional human being, we were and still are enchanted. She was spot on with the property and all recommedations from beaches to restaurants and nightly entertainment . We are In preparations for our next magnificent escape to Villa Quiles.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank CPD1988
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I stayed here with my partner Nathan in December 2010. I Just came back onto tripadvisor because I wanted to refer a friend to this place and realized I didn't press 5 stars for cleanliness! It was VERY CLEAN and beautiful and Edith was really THE BEST HOST and I am now feeling absolutely terrible, so I must apologize and I am sure all the other reviews speak for themselves, this was more than just a vacation. 5 STARS ALL AROUND. Almost 3 year later and the memories have truly stayed with us. I hope to refer many many friends here.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple