“Solid!”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2013

If you like or would want to try authentic german food, Das Alpen is a must! The restaurant is right on the Rincon Plaza square, easy to get to and park around. The place is extra clean, the staff is super friendly and has a very welcoming vibe. Great selection of German beers on tap and by the bottle, don't be afraid to ask for food and beer pairing suggestions...it's fun and they know their stuff. We went through the menu and ordered several items all paired with beer...very tasty! To start we had the Pretzel and Bratwurst appetizers with a side of the house mustard. Solid! We then tried the Weiner and Jeager schnitzels. Solidly delicious! We moved on and tried the Rouladen. Extra Solid!... and closed our dinner with the apple struddle....gues what...Solid!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

It is a nice different alternative to the routine of the most common restaurants in the area. The dinning room is simple but elegant. The staff is very courteous and friendly. The menu is the perfect size and the specials are sometimes awesome surprises. My favorite is the chuleton, love the potato salad and the cabbage salad. All entrees come with a nice salad and bread but not just any bread. Like the place a lot. I'm not a beer drinker but the wine selection is just perfect for me. PS: Even that I only marked family since only one choice is allowed by the site it is perfect for couples, family, friends, solo and perhaps great for business since the place it is not loud and you could hear what you and your company are saying.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

This is our first trip to Das Alpen in the 4 yrs we've been coming to Rincon. I am very glad we went. My husband tried their 1 1/2 lb. pork chop. He loved it! It had a very nice smoked taste to it and it was very large. I have the Forest Schnitzel which was also quite tasty. We tried to get the pretzels as an appetizer for the kids but they were still making them. Everything is made from scratch here. My kids had pasta and I tried their marinara sauce which was also very good! The kids get half portions of the meals when possible. The half portion is a bit small unless you have a very young kid. The red cabbage is even good and I don't like cabbage. The bread dumpling was something I could certainly do without but overall the meal was good. WARNING-we got there on a Fri night around 7 and were the only ones there. By around 9, the place was getting packed. It may take a little while to get your food if they are very busy so be prepared to wait. Again, everything is made to order and that does take time.

Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Very pleasantly surprised with our experience at Das Alpen. I haven't had German food before, but I can't think of a better introduction. I would not have expected good German food in Rincon. The bruschetta sampler was great, as was the goat cheese tart and the bratwust with bread. You also get a salad to start and bread basket, both very good and fresh. But the winner was the Jaeger Schnitzel!! So delicious!! The side of bread dumpling was also very good. I can't say of it was authentic German but the food was great for sure. Very unique beer selection. Loved it!!

Reviewed 30 June 2013

After spending the day at the beach in Rincon, my husband, son, and I looked at my Trip Advisor app, to see where we would go for dinner. We saw Das Alpen Cafe, and decided to go for it after a quick peek at the menu. I am so glad we did! We started out with the Bruschetta sampler, and it was great, nice crunchy bread, and tasty toppings! You get three - tomato basil, sausage onion and pepper, and smoked salmon with capers. My favorite was the tomato basil, but the sausage onion pepper was delicious as well. I didn't try the salmon and capers, I'm just not a smoked salmon person, but my husband said it was really good! For dinner we had Rouladen, Sauerbraten, and the Tagliatelle with Italian Sausage and Meatball. My Sauerbraten was amazing, so much flavor! It was tender as well, easily cut with a fork. The portion size was just right for me, as I was perfectly satisfied with my entree, and still had room for dessert! The Rouladen my husband had was terrific, also nice tender meat, with the nice flavor combination of the dill pickle and bacon, yum! I must admit that I am making the assumption that our sons Tagliatelle dish was good also, as I wasn't able to get sample bite before he devoured it! It was a good sized portion, too! We went on to dessert, and tried three of the four they offer. Tiramisu, Apple Strudel, and the Black Forest Brownie, again, all delicious. I think the Apple Strudel portion was a little small, but the others were perfect. The bar had a great selection of beers that you don't typically find in PR, which was a nice find. The prices were reasonable, and if I get back to Rincon again, I am going back to Das Alpen.