“What a treat!!”

Tres Puertas Art Gallery
Ranked #4 of 14 Shopping in Rincon
More attraction details
Owner description: Our gallery and gift shop is fully online, where you can shop right in the convenience of your home and have that special local made item shipped directly to you or the desired recipient. If you are in town, on the island visit Our Local Post office, right on the 115 just outside of town: we have a showcase dedicated to selling 100% Local art . Address is 100 Carr 115. Rincon. Pick out something you like and have it mailed right away. Or visit one of the best coffee shops in Rincon BD Cafe ( near the Lazy parrot) where our art is for sale/ displayed on the walls there.
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My daughter, boyfriend and I were fortunate enough to enjoy a seaglass workshop with the owner Elke. What a treat this was!! We have spent so many wonderful hours as a family collecting sea glass treasures on the local beaches and now Elke has given us the tools to create something beautiful with our prized glass. The three of us had a private class with Elke that lasted 2 hours. We learned how to drill the glass and actually completed a piece of jewelry before we finished. Elke was so fun to spend time with. She is not only talented and knowledgeable about her craft, but is now a local who works with the local schools teaching art. She shared so many wonderful insights with us into this lovely part of Puerto Rico. We had a blast. The charge is minimal for what we got out of the time with her. She also has a great gallery that supports and sells works from all local artists. We left her shop with so many gifts for friends at home as well as ourselves!! I would highly recommend visiting her gallery. You won't be disappointed!!

1  Thank Deborah R

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stopped here to look for souvenirs and it was the perfect place for us! We found so many handmade gifts for our friends and family while we were here! The shop owner was so nice and had wonderfully unique designs that sold us right away. This is definitely our favorite shop in Rincon.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Found this lil shop after reading reviews on TripAdvisor...so glad we did. Elke was so warm and friendly and spoke to us at length about her various pieces and the local artists. It was a great addition to our trip!!! Stop by and see her...you'll be glad you did!!

1  Thank BrendaCat
elke f, Owner at Tres Puertas Art Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Hi Brenda,
thank you for your review- I am so glad you found us on Trip Advisor- it's proven over and over to me that This site really connects people with experiences and advise of real travelers. And per our conversation- it helps to keep business at the top of their game -knowing you leave and impression on everyone you meet- may as well be a good one. So thanks for the recommendation and your support. May we meet again on our sunny isle.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

My family and I vacationed in Puerto Rico for 3 weeks this summer. We stayed in Aguadilla, PR and while visiting Rincon for the day, luckily found Tres Puertas Gallery and Gift Shop. The shop owner, Elke is a talented and friendly artist originally from Trinidad. She majored in art at a New York University and relocated to Rincon because her husband is a surfer. She not only is an artist herself, but teaches art at a local private school and gives art lessons at Tres Puertas. The second day I visited her shop she was giving a lesson on how to drill sea glass to make jewelry. The shop is full of reasonably priced jewelry, art, clothing, house decorations and even jams and jellies. If you are looking for a unique gift from Puerto Rico, or just want to visit the best gift shop in Rincon, look for Tres Puertas which is located near the town square or otherwise know as the plaza in Rincon. She also has a website to shop on-line which I will definitely be
checking out.
Michelle
Ocala, FL

4  Thank nevarezm

Hi Nevarezm

wow! thanks for that amazing review- you were really taking notes when I was speaking!
Thank you so much for your support- and I am really glad we got a chance to meet and for you to see the working aspect of the gallery and gift shop.It is my joy not only to create art and jewelry myself- but to also teach it to those who are willing to learn-
I hope you and your family will come back soon to our little town- until then -stay well.

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 June 2013

What a wonderful afternoon we spent with Elke making sea glass jewelry. I was looking for a more meaningful souvenir for my daughters, ages 9 and 12, than a key-ring or coconut head, and boy did I find the right place. Elke took us patiently through every step of making sea glass necklaces and anklets, and even an earring. She even held a class especially for the three of us when we couldn't find a regular time that would work. The kids were slow and we ended up taking an hour longer than we should have, but she was unfailingly friendly and patient. She gave lots of hands' on help to the nine year old in particular, and we ended up with awesome jewelry to boot.

Elke also gave us advice on a beach to visit (Sandy Beach) to get the best sea glass, and a wonderful restaurant for dinner. As I was paying for our class, I couldn't help buying a pair of lovely earrings for myself and some local mango salsa for my husband. Altogether an A++++ experience!

elke f, Owner at Tres Puertas Art Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

HI Julia,
It was a pleasure being with you and the girls! They were very hard workers! They reminded me of my daughter and it's always fun for me to teach sea glass jewelry to people who love to learn.
Thank you for your support and hope to see you all again on our tropical shores- sincerley
Elke