“unbeliveable view/great value!!!”

Vista Vacation Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rincon
Vista Vacation Resort
Ranked #18 of 24 Speciality Lodging in Rincon
long beach,NY
“unbeliveable view/great value!!!”
Reviewed 21 November 2009

My sister and i stayed here last week. First off, the view is spectacular. We stayed in a studio on the pool level. The place was perfect! It was clean,well decorated and soo comfortable. At nite, all you hear are the sounds of the frogs. The pool is small but perfect for chilling out and cooliong off.I will def be staying here again and again. I hesitate to write this review because I dont want it to get all booked up.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends

Families
Solo
Business
California
Reviewed 6 May 2006

We Love this place! We've stayed here everytime we've been to Rincon and will continue to stay here in the future. We've always dealt with the owners and they've always been extremely pleasant and accommodating. On one of my trips I got stuck in ST Louis due to an airline error and the owner didnot charge us for the night. I called them from St Louis and explained that I would not be in until the next day and was told that that is was not a problem and they would only charge us for the nites we stayed. No matter what time we arrived it was never an issue. We have stayed in many of the rooms at the Vista and they are all clean, quiet and comfortable. Some of the rooms are small like hotel rooms and some are multi room apartments but, they are all nice with Refrigators, microwave, coffe pots, TV and A/C. Even the Studios have small Kitchenettes. It is a quiet place which I really enjoyed. The pool is not big, but it's nice and refreshing. The Jacuzzi is also nice to relax in. The Views are spectactular off the balconies and they have some of the best rates in the area. It is not located on the water, but everything is within walking distance unless you are going into town which is not that far. A "Publico can get you into town for under a dollar if you don't want to make the hike. Puntas bakery is just up the hill for some awesome coffee and breakfast sandwiches. The Calypso Cafe is just down the hill on "413" for great sunsets and Rum Punches. The Sunsets off the room balconies are also great. The parking lot is down a steep hill right by the resort and can be quite challenging especially if you have a manual transmission. The description of the rooms and property that are on the website are accurate. There is a Paid laundry on-site, if you need to wash before repacking. Last time I stayed at the Vista there wasn't daily maid service, but the room was clean and stocked with the basic items like paper, soap, etc.when we arrived. The Vista is a small, safe , intimate place to relax and enjoy Rincon. You are not going to find any party animals here. Just quiet relaxation. During High season, in the winter months make your reservations well in advance, since the rooms book up quickly. I usually plan around the availabilties of rooms at the Vista since I refuse to stay anywhere else. We have recommended this place to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2002
6 Thank TRAVELLERSanDiego
Reviewed 10 February 2006

My boyfriend and I had been traveling for more than a week in Puerto Rico, including camping on Culebra island. We should have just stayed in Culebra, but we were looking forward to the surf in Rincon. We booked a nice room with Vista Vacation Resort for four days at the end of our vacation.

An hour before arriving in Rincon, we recieved a voicemail message on our cell phone from the property manager, saying she had urgent news regarding our reservation. When we finally got ahold of someone in their meager office, we were told that they had double booked our room, but could put us up somewhere else. Great, we were thinking, "no problem, mistakes happen, they'll put us in a nicer room." Well, NO.

A staff memeber offered us accomidations in another one of Vista's properties up on a hill, far away from the place we'd thought we'd be staying. No trail down to the beach, no view, and no dipping pool.

Upon waiting FOUR HOURS for the manager to arrive at Vista's office, she scolded us for not checking our voicemail sooner, and then lied about trying to make additonal attempts at contacting us via phone and email. (Verizon and Hotmail seem to be pretty reliable... we still haven't seen or heard those "attempted" messages.)

Finally we took our business elsewhere, taking the credit Vista offered us. With the 30% deposit we had already payed Vista Vacation Resort upon making the reservation, you'd think they would have more respect for our time and effort. The obvious lack of professionalism and blunt disregard of our situation causes us to strongly urge other travelers to stay away from their operation.

• Stayed February 2006
13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Rincon hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 January 2006

My wife and I just returned from a thoroughly enjoyable week at the Vista Vacation Resort. My wife picked it out. Given its name, I expected a resort, which it is not, but it is still much more than a place to put your head. It is a new, friendly, low-end two-building condo complex that sits on the side of a small hill with a fine view of a lighthouse (El Faro), an island refuge (Desecheo) and the confluence of the North Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea. Ours was a one bedroom apartment (they have two-bedrooms and I think studios too) that had all the usual amenities of a small, urban condo including A/C, overhead fans, cable TV and a DVD player (furnishings and appliances were ala Kmart and Goodwill, but adequate). The best feature was the dining area which was a terrace overlooking the ocean. A stiff 10-minute uphill walk is a hugely popular bakery and convenience store. The same distance downhill is a lovely little park and the restored lighthouse. Within a 10-minute drive are two fairly nice beaches (nothing to rival Long Island's or Cancun's or Puerto Escondido's beaches though) plus lots of dime-sized spots of sand between the rough coral rocks that make up much of the shore. Surfing is the big thing there and surfing is the thing around which this area has developed. We were able to find two reasonably good restaurants with splendid ocean views plus lots of surfers' bars and eateries. The second nicest thing about Vista Vacation Resort, for me, was its non-resort-ness. There is no lobby or restaurant or coffee shop or gym or stables or tons of people. It is like home in the tropics with a view and a small dipping pool. We will go back next year if our time and their availability agree.

• Stayed January 2006
7 Thank National_Park_Junkie
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 31 May 2005

We stayed 3 nights here and had a fabulous time. Very quiet, friendly, beautiful views. The only problem was that we lost power the first night and for most of the second day. The resort is not equipped with a generator, so we had nothing. But we made the most of it, dealt with it, and had a blast. During the day we were out anyway, so it was just the night that was an inconvenience. It's a laid back type of a place, not your typical 5 star resort, with all the luxuries. You really get the feel of the culture/island here and beaches are nearby-approx. 5 minutes. In this part of the island, if you are looking for peace and quiet staying on the beach is not suggested. It gets very croweded with the young crowd coming for the surfs.

• Stayed April 2005
9 Thank kmh316
Reviewed 15 March 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed here and it was extrememly clean and was perfect for what we picked it for: a place to lay our heads. Do not stay here if you will be hanging around the room and miniscule pool area. Stay here only for a bed at night and spend the rest of your time at two of three luxury resorts at their pool or at the nearby beaches. Check in was easy as we came in late and a key was left for us. The price is right too. Beautiful view of the lighthouse in town.

• Stayed March 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 February 2004

The place is pretty. Our good experience ended there. My wife had reserved this place for a weekend on the beach with two friends visiting us from the Northeast. She actually cancelled a reservation for a two-bedroom apt for this place. When we checked in, the manager said that usually the suite we had was for 2 people only. After we were settled in, the manager had tracked down the owner, who apparently told her that we had to leave, and they would refund our money. They would not listen to reason and let us stay the night . . . this very large suite had two rooms including a sleep sofa and an extra set of sheets!
I finally spoke with the owner who said that the manager could choose to let us stay; but this last-minute reversal of policy did not change the manager's mind. After all, the manager works for this person, and wants to keep her job. Anyway, at 4pm on a February Saturday, the pickings for another room are slim, and we did not end up at luxury accomodations. We made the best of the weekend, but the VISTA had nothing to do with it. What I can I say? Boycott this unreasonable establishment . . . it's not even on a swimming beach!

• Stayed February 2004
17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino
Hacienda Moyano
Hacienda Moyano
#1 of 4 in Naguabo
Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel

Been to Vista Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!