“Made a rookie feel like a pro”
Review of Puntas Surf School

Puntas Surf School
Ranked #8 of 18 Tours in Rincon
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Puntas Surf School gives private and group lessons daily. Melissa Taylor has been giving surf lessons in Puerto Rico since 2002 and created Puntas Surf School in 2007. She is still the only female instructor in Rincon and she has a team of guy and girl instructors so each lesson has all the help and information they can get! Nolan is her head instructor. He is very patient, informative, personable, and always has a smile on his face! The goal for Melissa and her instructors is to provide an educational, invigorating, and unforgettable experience in the surfing capital of the carribbean; Rincon, Puerto Rico. Our school provides lessons for beginners, intermediate, and those who just want to get to the next level! All ages are welcome and we provide a variety of different surfboards!
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Wife and I got lessons with Nolan. He made it a true and safe lesson. Got a few decent waves to ride on and he definitely knows his stuff. Coming back so Nolan don't go too far!!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Nolan and Mellissa were awesome. We didn't take lessons because we all surf, but they brought boards to the beach and met us a couple of different times. Nolan let us borrow straps to take the boards back to our rental unit when we were going to surf early the next day. Highly recommend them.

1  Thank Davehewett1
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Thank you Melissa and your fantastic team for our paddle board lesson. Melissa was very gracious with our last minute requests. We had a change in location from the marina to Sandy beach..had a great opportunity to watch lesson from Tamboo relaxing with snacks and mojitos. We had 4 teens who were first timers and they had great experience!!!! They loved the instructions and learned a lot...was fun,fun,fun....!!!!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

There's really only one word to describe our experience with Puntas Surf School: Outstanding! Well, OK, we could also go with Great, Wonderful, Fabulous, or Marvelous. The main "goal" of our PR vacation was to get my daughter up on a surfboard, and Nolan had her on her feet and riding the waves within minutes. He even got me out there for a little while, and although I can't claim to have learned to surf, I appreciated that he accommodated my health issues and gave me the chance see the beautiful coastline from astride a surfboard before helping me back to shore. Everything about my interactions with Puntas Surf School was positive. I contacted Melissa before the trip, and she gave me good advice about the drive to Rincon from San Juan, was very flexible in arranging lessons, and warned us about the possibility that the surf would go flat (which it did on our second day, at which point Nolan gamely went back to HQ to pick up a couple of paddle boards so that my kid could get out on the water again). If you are lucky enough to get to Rincon, don't miss the chance to meet some really great people and have a really great time. I'm already trying to figure out when we can go back (sometime when the waves are more reliable), and you can be sure we'll call Puntas Surf School when we do.

1  Thank HoustonKatEd
Reviewed 14 May 2014

i just had an amazing surf lesson with Puntas Surf School. I was a little nervous and hesitant at first but the instructor put me to ease and build up my confidence : ) After each wave the instructor gave me critical feedback that informed my surfing. Before I knew it I was catching waves and having an amazing time ! I have tried other surf schools in Rincon and I would say that Puntas is by far the best! If you are in Rincon you must check them out - I guarantee you will not be disappointed !