“I'm only reviewing the restaurant Deco”

Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Rincon
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I didn't stay on the property only had the dinner under the stars which it rained so we had to go inside. It was top knotch food and service. The food was amazing. The chef himself was there that night and we ate so much food and it all was very good. We received complimentary drinks for not having it outside under the stars which wasn't anyone's fault it rained. The wine was suburb. We are very impressed with the restaurant. We stayed at at rincon beach resort which I prefer as a hotel but I found it better than brasas restaurant which is suppose to be just as nice. Deco was better overall.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 November 2012 via mobile

I may have rated this place even lower! I don't like to talk bad about a place and Im not saying that the Rincon if the Seas is a bad place, but for me, it was.

My wife and I found this place on hotels.com and when we got here, it appeared nice. We got to our room which was an ocean view and when we entered we were like, ok, its a lil outdated, but since we hadn't eaten, we immediately went down to the restaurant downstairs which was DECO. Wow, what a great place to have a meal! We were really surprised at how good the food was, and to us, it was better than CASA LOLA in the Condado area, no kidding! Anyhow, when we went back to the room and looked at the overall look of the room, i was bothered by the bed, not just the covers and stuff, but i did find some spider webs as well as a couple of spiders lurking around, gross! I just didn't feel comfortable after that. No, i didn't change rooms, but i did check out early the next morning.

I most certainly won't go back to stay at this hotel. Im sure that not all the rooms are like the one i had and although the hotel did have a nice view of the ocean, their beach wasn't the cleanest by any means. Too many broken glass bottles in the sand. They did have a nice pool area and it appears they are building another extension for another restaurant.

In my opinion, the only reason for me to go back is their restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank papisan
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

The rooms and facilities are very good. Nice wet bar. Beach front location.would have liked more amenities on site. A little expensive for what it is if you have not booked with a groupon which now they sell frequently.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The more than 2 hour-drive from San Juan to Rincon was worth it. The town was nice, the hotel was great, I had an excellent time there and did not miss the fun in San Juan at all. Not sure if Rincon of the Seas is among the best hotels in the area but I can assure you is comfortable, nice and the service is for a 5 star hotel. Food a the restaurant was delicious.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Beautiful hotel on the beach. Great service, ambiance, good food andreasonable prices. Just relax at the pool and order a "Cocotazo" at the pool bar. Friendly people all around. Oh... the breakfast bufet is very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the patio, so you have easy access to all amenities.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2012

i've been there about 5 or 6 times...with freinds, with family and just recently went by myself...i like every aspect....service, ambiance, great food, reasonable prices, great poolside bar...like i said i love the place!....not fancy...perfect!

Room Tip: poolside rooms are super convenient, but close to poolside noise, i personally didn't mind at al...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank sandra r
Reviewed 6 September 2012

free parking, breakfast included package, not expensive, rooms are big, good beach area and better than the nearby guesthouses beach side because it's easy access. Great drinks for reasonable price. In overall its a good place to relax and enjoy the beautifull sunset

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank laautentica40
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Combate Beach Resort
Combate Beach Resort
#1 of 8 in Cabo Rojo
Mayaguez Resort & Casino

Been to Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel? Share your experiences!