“Very bad experience at this!”

Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Rincon
Paramus New Jersey
“Very bad experience at this!”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I've been coming to this hotel for 10 years I brought my wife For 10 anniversary And a major disappointment Places run down the rooms are old and the refrigerators in the rooms We're taking out and then they want to charge you $10 daily for refrigerator They should be In the rooms They shut the hot water off So we don't have any hot water the whole week we were there The rooms are old The pool was dirty And the Towels in the rooms were very rough I was so disappointed I didn't spend any time in the hotel just to go to sleep Good luck staying At the hotel I'll never go back there ever again!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't go to the hotel!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Louis C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
San Juan, null, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I really thought I was going to stay at a great hotel, the location was great and the beach was nice. I paid full price so I was VERY disappointed with the service. My room was on the second floor (226). The hair dryer didn't work I notified it and it never got changed. The air conditioner was not working properly, it was dripping water all over the place, I needed six towels to dry the floor and it was still not enough. The pool area is very nice with the bar inside the pool but it was too dirty to really appreciate it. Asking for towels in the pool area was a pain and there was no ice in the hotel. I have no problem paying if I get a good service, but I would never go back to this hotel. I have visited many hotels with better service and cheaper prices.

Room Tip: I suggest a Parador in the area of Rincon.
3 Thank Saudy B

Travellers are raving about these Rincon hotels

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Is difficult to describe an awful experience like this one. No service, no phone communication, no welcome attitude, door lock broken, awful food service at the restaurant, worst pizza ever at the pool area, DIRTY POOL, ants walking in the rooms and beds, no ice... Do I need to continue to make you aware that this is not a place to stay in? Don't loose your money and your time. You deserve more than this place for the money you pay. Look for other options! Please!

3 Thank Aura O
Alberta
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The grounds were lovely. The hotel was one of the better for the area. The furniture was a little dated, but adequate. The service was friendly and helpful. The restaurant and bar served good food and drinks. The beach was great. Not good for snorkling but great snorkling was with in a few minutes driving. We had a great time. You will like this place if you are ok with 3star accommodations and like a good deal.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed 12 July 2013

The hotel was nice. The front desk staff was very helpful, every evening they provided us with good directions to our activities for the next day. The grounds were kept clean. The beach was enjoyable with the hotel lounge chairs and showers to rinse off. The ceiling fan was squeaky. They only provided 3 bath towels, one hand towel, and no wash clothes. The soap was very nice though. When we checked in I was wondering why there were so many people sitting in the lobby, but found out that is where you can get free WIFI so our kids spent time there too. The food/frappe stand in the lot across the property was great! We enjoyed our stay, but were only there in the evenings and to sleep because we were busy with other activities in the area.

San Juan, null, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Nice place that has the basics. Pool, beach, beds and food. Pool and pool bar are nice for drinks at the pool. The beach is just a few steps away from the pool. Our room was ok and kept clean daily by the friendly staff. Anytime we had a question there was someone there that could help us. We had breakfast included in our package and it was a pretty good buffet. The only issue was that there is a sign that says pool towels are given at 11AM but no one was ever there till after 12 or later and one day no one. So when going to the pool just stop by the front desk and they can give you towels and you do not need to wait for the towel person if they show. They have WiFi but not in the rooms. The other issue was that you can only order food from the pool bar before 6PM but there are other places to eat within a 5 min walk. Other than that the weather was good and the staff supper friendly. I will be going back again. 

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the first floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ed H
Oceanside, New York
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Traveled to Rincon for a few days this past March with my wife for some surfing so needed a nice place that she could hang out during my sessions. Room prices very reasonable and included full breakfast each day. Pool bar and beach and what else could you ask for? Restaurant was good as well. The room was good, probably could use an updating as far as the bathroom is concerned but really not much of an issue. Recommend for couples and my wife was very happy - which made my sessions that much more relaxed !

Room Tip: look online for rates but call and ask for breakfast to be included
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joe E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Lazy Parrot Inn
Lazy Parrot Inn
#2 of 7 in Rincon
Mayaguez Resort & Casino

Been to Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel? Share your experiences!