Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
Lazy Parrot Inn(Rincon)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$97
Villa Cofresi Hotel(Rincon)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$131
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsswim up barpool bar serviceclose to townlounge chairsgreat poolmini fridgedecobeachoceanlandscapingfeethurricanewestwaves
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2008

Great beach front property, but under utilized. Unfortunately this place turned out to be a pretty typical hotel. With a location like this I was disappointed to see that the design of the hotel and gardens interrupted the views of the beach from the pool and from most of the rooms. The only rooms that seemed to have a good view only offered one bed. The room I ended up with was pretty small, and it looks like most of the rooms are, and had a view of palm trees 5 feet outside our balcony. Maybe that is all you get for $190 a night these days..?

If you don't mind being a 10 minute drive from everything in town (Agua) and you are just looking for a hotel without all the service and amenities of a resort, then this place may be okay. Most of the locals sounded impressed, so it may be the nicest for the area.? For me their section of beach was too small with no drink service, which made it hard to relax, and their pool had no view. :(

On a good note, the staff was very friendly, the food was good, and the gardens and lobby were nice.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank V_Hernandez
Reviewed 7 June 2008

We were a family of four (two teenagers included). we stayed there from Wednesday thru Friday. In overall the hotel was good,nice lobby, rooms, grounds ...is exactly like you see in the photos.
The pool was nice and clean but shallow ( only four feet deep). The beach was very good, with a long stretch of sand to walk and enjoy the ocean view, lounge chairs to move around as you please and take a suntan or get under a palm and relax. The only thing is to bring water shoes as you may encounter rocks in the water. The only negative thing I would say about my stay is for the food. The breakfast and lunch was included in our package but the menu for this deal is limited. The breakfast was buffet style (limited) and since it started at 7:00 a.m. by the time it was 9:00a.m. the food was cold and the drinks warm.
As for the staff the front desk and housekeeping were exuberant (as they called it), also the noon staff at the pool bar. The rest of the staff were simply courteous.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2008

First the good. The hotel lobby is beautiful, the landscaping is beautiful, in fact the only location where we heard the coqui, the famous frog of Puerto Rico. The breakfasts were very nice.

Now the bad. We were promised a beach view room. What we got was not beach view, but tree view. We took pics of all the palm trees, etc. that were the"beach view room". Interestingly, the room next door did have a beach view, the trees were still below the balcony, why didn't we get that one? We were also very tired from the drive and wanted to relax with a drink by and in the pool. The pool area was over-run with kids. We tried to sit by the pool and" our moment "was interrupted by a kid trying to climb the palm tree next to my chair. Needless to say, totally unenjoyable. I'm sure it was for the parents and their kids, afterall it was a day care center, free baby sitting area. They didn't even try to curtail their kids. And of course, the staff said nothing to them. We moved and went over to the bar, hoping at least kids won't be running around over there. Well, the music was extremely loud, the bartenders went out of their way to ignore you, and yes, kids also came over to the bar area. Such fun!!!
The only peace and quiet we enjoyed there was at dusk on the beach in our lounge chairs, away from the hotel and its noise.
If you stay there on the weekend a band plays music loudly til 10 or 11 pm, so be prepared!
I complained to the staff over the phone about the kids over-running the pool area, and asked if there is an adult hour for swimming. She laughed and said we have families here, and no there isn't an adult swimming time. So, I guess kids rule at this hotel!!! BE FORE-WARNED! I also complained to Hotels.com about our not getting an ocean view room hoping to get a refund or at least compensated some how, NO SUCH LUCK!!! AGAIN A WARNING!!!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2008

Stayed here for a 45 day work trip. Nice grounds, comfy open air lobby. Was with a group of 35 co-workers, and the hotel had everything together and the check in was a smooth process which usually never happens when we travel.

Rooms were sufficient in size, but a little plain. The room was always kept clean, and my maid Maribel knew I worked nights so she worked around my schedule to make sure not to disturb my sleep.

Wireless internet is spotty, and your best bet is to bring a CAT V cable to hardwire your laptop. They didnt have any cables available at the front desk but lucky I had a 4 footer with me. Rincon is not the center of the tech world so you may have trouble finding one if you forget yours.

Nice pool and outside bar. Beach nice and clean, but if you snorkel or scuba, you need to try elsewhere, not much bottom structure attracting all the fish.

Overall a very nice place, and would visit it again.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2008

We stayed for two nights during the Presidents' Week holiday, so we expected it to be very crowded, which it pleasantly was not. The lobby was lovely and gave the feeling of a larger, more luxurious hotel. Glad to have a small game room in the lobby with a great air hockey table for my teenager. The pool is lovely and large, and usually no problem finding a chair. The beach was okay with only a few chairs. The beachfront area in front of this u-shaped hotel was small, but you had a lot of beach to walk on on either side. There were other small hotels to the left and a water sports rental place not far that had jetskis, banana boat rides, kayaks, etc. (but no sailboats). The beach was ordinary, with some waves and water more dark green, like the Atlantic. Rooms were ordinary, clean, of the Holiday Inn type of decor and size with a small balcony. The hotel has a sweet courtyard with a kids swings area and a garden with lots of hammocks and a couple of picnic tables for shady napping or reading - a nice touch. Good service at the front desk and by housekeeping. The gift shop was never open; nor was the wine bar in the lobby. Room service got most of our orders wrong. The room comes with free buffet breakfast, which was fine for free - the usual stuff, eggs, breakfast meats, greasy potatoes, some fruit, yogurt...but very good coffee. Not sure if I'd stay in the same place when I come back to Rincon. I'd probably want to stay in a funkier, smaller place near the surfing beaches or one of the paradors to get more local culture.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family