“Amazing experience!”

Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Rincon
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights during our week long trip to Puerto Rico. The place is amazing! It looks like a TV ad for a vacation! We had room 521, which we were told later has the best view in the hotel. And it did! We were amazed when we walked into our room and saw the spectacular view we had! It overlooked the garden and pool, and the beach and ocean beyond. The room was clean and comfortable, but nothing special, and had a balcony. FYI the floors are tile to make sand clean-up easier, I think. We had "Dinner Under the Stars" during our first night. You have your own private dinner table and waiter on the beach. Make sure you are hungry, or be prepared to take leftovers with you. The pool area is nice with lots of lounge chairs and shade, and the swim up bar is fun! The bar also serves food until 10pm (the signs around the hotel say 11pm, but they close at 10pm). We were also impressed with the beach at this hotel. Lounge chairs and towels are provided for hotel guests. This is the best section of beach of all the hotels in this area. We went for a walk on the beach and other hotels only have a small strip of sand between the deck of the hotel and the water, barely big enough for a lounge chair. There is a breakfast buffet daily for about $12-14, I don't remember exactly. There are large signs right at the entrance to the hotel, watch the km. markers on the road, it makes it pretty easy to find things. Overall, EXCELLENT experience here!

Room Tip: Rooms 521 and 522 have the best views in the house!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I spent my 30th aniversary days there and was very good. The facilities were clean, good looking and personnel were very nice. We enjoyed very much. I recommend improvements to the wifi internet and will be good a Coffee maker at the room. The food were very very good. In sum the place is excellent.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Very good hotel and pool. Large pool next to pool bar. Pool is only 4 ft deep at its deepest point. Most of the pool is around 3 to 3 1/2 feet deep, very good for children.

Good restaurant and plenty of parking. Entrance from PR-115 is a little hard to find. Suggest they add a few more signs alerting travelers that they are approaching the hotel entrance.

The beach, so and so. Highly recomend Combate beach in the south estern end of the island.

Room Tip: Rooms first floor open directly from a balcony to the pool area.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Even though the beach it's not the best, if you compare it with others in the same region, the location is worth it. It's located from 7-9 minutes from the beach Tres Palmas (Steps) which offers the best snorkeling at the area in which also you can enjoy paddle board or even surfing depending of the season of the year. You are step from beautiful beaches, beach bars and wonderful restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I recently spent my second long weekend at Rincon of the Seas. The first trip was better, this one was disappointing. The room we had seemed really small and would never fit 4 people although that's how they sell it. The safe was broken and we were on the ground floor so that was annoying. 3 out of 4 days they didn't have pool towels available (and we asked at 9 am). I will probably go back because everyone says it's one of the better options and my friend really like it, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MeredithMNYC
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We were driving west after a day in the caves. Cant say much about hotel other than everything was adequate. Lobby is open and very elegant. We got there late and didnt get a chance to go into the pool, but looked like a fun place to hang out. Ate at their restaurant which also was pretty good. Rooms were big and nice with great view of the ocean, we had the garden view which also had a ocean view. nice.

Room Tip: garden room also had view of the ocean, don't know if all of them are like that but ours was, wo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The hotel is currently under remodeling and it is not at is best. They were painting some rooms near ours and the smell was very strong, also the room smelled and felt very humid. I paid extra for a small refrigerator and it didn’t work well. Food was decent, but not at quality for a hotel. The day of checkout they cut the water without notice leaving me in the shower. When I called reception they were very rude and even hang up on me while talking. They gave us a room near of ours (since I had to leave the shower all cover in soap) and when I got out of the room there were 2 employees outside smoking in a NO SMOKING area, just in front of my room. I was with my 2 year old son, and I don’t believe I paid for this nonsense.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Zilade
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Lazy Parrot Inn
#2 of 7 in Rincon
Parador Villa Antonio
Mayaguez Resort & Casino

Been to Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel? Share your experiences!