“Quite and Peaceful -”

Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Rincon
Reviewed 29 September 2008

My wife and I we choose this to be the place for our honeymoon and I have to say I feel satisfied with the service and prompt response to any requested service. We stayed for a total of 4 nights. Although the weather did not cooperate at all this, didn't ruin our special stay at this hotel. We had a little problem with the AC the first day and it was IMMEDIATELY fixed for a brand new equipment. The Staff is VERY nice and servicing.

The pool is awesome. Do not expect much from the beach. The view and sunsets are to die for. You definitely get what you pay for. Watch out with food prices within the hotel!!! we found them exuberant. Although the food we tried was one of good taste, portions and looks.

We stayed at the fifth floor, our room had a good size balcony with a breathtaking sea view. If you really want an ocean front view MAKE SURE you get on this floor because anything bellow is packed with palm trees blocking "the view". It has a gym but we never check it out. Same with the game room. Satellite TV worked fine until a storm came( which I considered totally OK). Even though I didn't take my laptop with me, I didn't see anything relating to wireless internet or so around the hotel.

I have to mention that the best food you will find at the Italian restaurant just outside the hotel. I believe its called " el bambino". try anything!
their food quality, presentation and prices are excelent!

I recommend this hotel if you are looking for a quite, please, modest stay with your partner or family.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pedrodo

Reviewed 18 September 2008

Stayed at 3 properties all next to each other. One was rather spartan and too quiet- only one other couple there. The other was packed with 20-somethings. Subdued spring-break energy made me claustrophobic, although obviously that's what a lot of people are looking for. R of the S was just right. Enough going on to not be bored but quiet enough to relax. Steps from the beach, pool and swim up bar very nice, very nice garden area underutilized by guests. If you want to do little, at the hotel or in the area, a great place to stay. If you are used to all-inclusive bevy of activities or multiple options of excursions in the area, you will grow antsy after a few days. Walking down the beach you will find many homes, condos, etc. falling apart or unrepaired seemingly from a previous storm or hurricane. R of the S itself, however, kept up their grounds very well.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2008

We spent four nights at Rincon of the Seas in July and truly enjoyed our stay. Location is great. The hotel is elegant in decor and the landscaping very beautiful. Our room was comfortable and clean. There was cable TV and refrigerator, but no coffee maker. The balconies are huge and offer beautiful views. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2008

I stayed here on business for a week. As a vacation property, it's a nice place. As a business hotel, it has issues. If you find issues, be prepared to ask twice to get them fixed.

On my first night, my air conditioner didn't cool the room enough. In the morning, I asked to have it fixed. That day, it wasn't fixed ("they went home early today"). That evening I tried three other rooms until I found one with a fully functional A/C.

There are no coffee pots in the rooms (so you'll buy coffee in the restaurant). I said I want a coffee pot, since I leave for business in the morning before the restaurant opens. It didn't arrive after the first day, so I insisted and it arrived for the third day.

They send out laundry (a real feature), but only if you insist ("why wasn't laundry picked up today?" "I don't know, we'll send it out tomorrow").

Evidently, laid-back vacation spots are not high-performing business hotels.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2008

Great beach front property, but under utilized. Unfortunately this place turned out to be a pretty typical hotel. With a location like this I was disappointed to see that the design of the hotel and gardens interrupted the views of the beach from the pool and from most of the rooms. The only rooms that seemed to have a good view only offered one bed. The room I ended up with was pretty small, and it looks like most of the rooms are, and had a view of palm trees 5 feet outside our balcony. Maybe that is all you get for $190 a night these days..?

If you don't mind being a 10 minute drive from everything in town (Agua) and you are just looking for a hotel without all the service and amenities of a resort, then this place may be okay. Most of the locals sounded impressed, so it may be the nicest for the area.? For me their section of beach was too small with no drink service, which made it hard to relax, and their pool had no view. :(

On a good note, the staff was very friendly, the food was good, and the gardens and lobby were nice.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank V_Hernandez
Reviewed 7 June 2008

We were a family of four (two teenagers included). we stayed there from Wednesday thru Friday. In overall the hotel was good,nice lobby, rooms, grounds ...is exactly like you see in the photos.
The pool was nice and clean but shallow ( only four feet deep). The beach was very good, with a long stretch of sand to walk and enjoy the ocean view, lounge chairs to move around as you please and take a suntan or get under a palm and relax. The only thing is to bring water shoes as you may encounter rocks in the water. The only negative thing I would say about my stay is for the food. The breakfast and lunch was included in our package but the menu for this deal is limited. The breakfast was buffet style (limited) and since it started at 7:00 a.m. by the time it was 9:00a.m. the food was cold and the drinks warm.
As for the staff the front desk and housekeeping were exuberant (as they called it), also the noon staff at the pool bar. The rest of the staff were simply courteous.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2008

First the good. The hotel lobby is beautiful, the landscaping is beautiful, in fact the only location where we heard the coqui, the famous frog of Puerto Rico. The breakfasts were very nice.

Now the bad. We were promised a beach view room. What we got was not beach view, but tree view. We took pics of all the palm trees, etc. that were the"beach view room". Interestingly, the room next door did have a beach view, the trees were still below the balcony, why didn't we get that one? We were also very tired from the drive and wanted to relax with a drink by and in the pool. The pool area was over-run with kids. We tried to sit by the pool and" our moment "was interrupted by a kid trying to climb the palm tree next to my chair. Needless to say, totally unenjoyable. I'm sure it was for the parents and their kids, afterall it was a day care center, free baby sitting area. They didn't even try to curtail their kids. And of course, the staff said nothing to them. We moved and went over to the bar, hoping at least kids won't be running around over there. Well, the music was extremely loud, the bartenders went out of their way to ignore you, and yes, kids also came over to the bar area. Such fun!!!
The only peace and quiet we enjoyed there was at dusk on the beach in our lounge chairs, away from the hotel and its noise.
If you stay there on the weekend a band plays music loudly til 10 or 11 pm, so be prepared!
I complained to the staff over the phone about the kids over-running the pool area, and asked if there is an adult hour for swimming. She laughed and said we have families here, and no there isn't an adult swimming time. So, I guess kids rule at this hotel!!! BE FORE-WARNED! I also complained to Hotels.com about our not getting an ocean view room hoping to get a refund or at least compensated some how, NO SUCH LUCK!!! AGAIN A WARNING!!!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Mayaguez Resort & Casino
Royal Isabela
Royal Isabela
#1 of 6 in Isabela

Been to Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel? Share your experiences!