“Excellent place to stay in Rincon”
Review of Coconut Palms Inn

Coconut Palms Inn
Ranked #5 of 21 Rincon B&B and Inns
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Excellent place to stay in Rincon”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My friends and I arrived pretty late at night in Rincon. We were driving around looking for a hotel to stay at for the night and came across this place. The guy running the office was extremely nice and welcoming. He set us up with the Tropical Fish room.

The room was ok and is the only reason for the 4/5 review. The AC didn't work very well, and the bathroom could have definitely used a ventilation fan.

The best part of this place was the patio, the garden, and the beach access. It was exactly what we wanted for when we decided to come to Puerto Rico. The patio offers use of their grill and plenty of seating. The beach was beautiful and just a few steps away. Also, other beaches like crashboat and boqueron are close enough to drive to for the day.

Everyone working was very nice, even the cats. I've already recommended this place to a few friends. It's the perfect place stay if you just want to spend all day on the beach drinking brews and doing nothing.

Thanks again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Gail T, Owner at Coconut Palms Inn, responded to this review, 7 December 2014
Thanks, we enjoyed having you. We have recently replaced that and 2 other of our central AC units. The salt air is brutal on the equipment and the life spans are short. Because the clients love it here so much, they rarely complain unless it is major. We depend upon the guest comments to let us know and improve. Come back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Round Lake Heights, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I recently came back from a 7 days vacation in Puerto Rico. Our first 5 days were at a little inn called Coconut Palms right on the ocean in Rincon. I am so happy we booked that place. The caretaker Angel was a wonderful host, made us feel at home! Our room was very clean and cozy. I also am very picky about my bed and don't sleep well away from home but I sleep so well every night! It was perfect for us right out on the patio in front of the beach which is a breathe taking view everyday to wake up to everyday! We spent most of our days on the beach relaxing and it most of the time it was like having our own little private beach. The beach itself is so clean and the water is so clear so it's perfect for snorkeling. At night the sound of the waves crashing on the shore was very soothing. If you want to save money, you can go grocery shopping nearby and cook your own food. An outdoor grill with all the things you need to cook with is provided, dishes and all. I am already making plans to bring back my family next summer! We ended our trip in San Juan which to me is too tourist-y. I wish I could have cancelled our stay in San Juan and booked an additional couple of nights at the Coconut Palms. If you are looking for a peaceful vacation where you can relax and feel at home and not pay an arm and a leg book your getaway here....you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Melissa B
Stevensville, Maryland
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My friend and I absolutely adored our night at the Coconut Palms Inn in Rincon. It is a boutique-style inn right on the ocean with incredible views and a very welcoming appearance. The price completely matches the style and class of the hotel. My friend and I sprung the extra bucks for the ocean side room and it was probably the best decision we made on our entire trip. All was so quiet at this Inn except the sound of the waves lapping the beach just steps away. The staff was so helpful and friendly and the location is great as well within walking distances of several restaurants and night spots. I would definitely stay at this Inn again, without a doubt!

I didn't give it a full 5 rating because the rooms came with a coffee maker but no coffee! Such a tease!

Room Tip: Just go for the ocean view rooms; 100% worth it. Do it!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank lmv130
Philadelphia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I rely heavily on Tripadvisor reviews for my hotel and restaurant needs while traveling, and I do post reviews when I feel it necessary. My wife and I arrived very late due to a big mess back home, but we finally put our heads to the pillows at around 4:30 AM. We were greeted by a note in an envelope and a friendly cat. After following the very detailed instructions to find our room, we got to see a reflection of the moon over the ocean. The room we stayed in was called the Gecko which was on the first floor within 60 feet of the ocean. The room had everything we needed, and it was cool via a nice quiet air conditioner. Angel was very helpful throughout our stay, and I am sure to recommend this guesthouse to others. Please make sure you wash yourself off as instructed because sand can get everywhere. Have a wonderful stay and enjoy the sounds.

Room Tip: Definitely worth going with an ocean side room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelTeacher20
Warren, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Recently my husband and I spent 10 days visiting and exploring most of Puerto Rico. Our stay at Coconut Palms Inn in Rincon was one of the highlights of our island trip. Our initial contact with Gail when making the reservation and our welcome by Rosie was enough to assure us that we would have a wonderful stay. The atmosphere is casual but warm and welcoming. Our room, with a private balcony, facing the ocean, was large, comfortable, and very clean. We had AC but chose to sleep with the windows open and enjoy the sound of the lapping waves. We also had a microwave and refrigerator in the room. Although Coconut Palms Inn does not have dining facilities, it was an easy walk on the beach to several restaurants/hotels. A grocery store is within a couple of blocks so it is easy to stock up for cool things like rum punch or piña coladas. The beach/water was fantastic --clear, unspoiled and uncrowded. Our only regret was that we did not plan to stay at Coconut Palms Inn for more days.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank smc132014
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We had adjoining rooms that slept 4 adults and 2 children. A great location as it was right on the beach. It would have been nice if the A/C worked and the bed was a little hard. There could also be some improvements in the stove. Just don't expect a five star Ritz Carlton but for a cozy bungalow at $200 it was great!

Stayed August 2014
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed 7 August 2014

What a perfect place to get away. Rosie was great to us and helped us with any needs we had and then some! Bring snorkel gear! I found 27 sand dollars on the other side of the ledge. Don't step on the rocks in the water as you have a chance to step on a sea urchin (up to 8 inch spikes on the ones I saw). Scuba dive? Oh yeah! We stayed in the Whale room. Had a bed, fridge, shower with hot water and sounds of waves 24/7. Sunset views in the surf...romance! A definite return will happen soon!

Room Tip: The Whale was on the 1st floor, beach side. Rooms are available on 2nd floor with a beach-side pati...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Rincon Beach Resort
Rincon Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Anasco
Dos Angeles Del Mar Bed and Breakfast

Been to Coconut Palms Inn? Share your experiences!