My husband and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary at the Horned Dorset. For over a year I have been reading reviews and looking at photos and so we booked our stay. We were so excited. We arrived at the Inn around 6:00 p.m. Not much lighting in the area where you would park. Saw a few empty cans strewn around. Unexpected. I have to say that the staff was friendly and helpful and the ocean view was beautiful. The grounds were not well kept and after seeing so many beautiful photos on Tripadvisor I was displeased. We paid over $900.00 a night. We stayed in room 7 which has its own pool and has so much potential, however, the decor was very dated. A young gentleman named Chris brought our luggage in. There is a beautiful view of the ocean and once the loud AC stopped running I could hear the waves. I looked around and quickly pointed out a spider which Chris was kind enough to remove. As soon as he left I saw another spider and then in the downstairs bathroom there were little ants around the rim of the toiled so I called him back. Unacceptable. There is a nice kitchen but no coffee maker. Even a Holiday Inn has a coffee maker. I looked around and I could see that the place needed a good cleaning. This is by no means a "luxury hotel". I like antiques and thought that the bed and a few other furnishings were nice, but some of the other furniture was just old and mismatched. This is NOT a "chic" room by any means. We ate dinner at the "Blue Room" . The food was very good, but it took a very long time to get it. It was expensive but expected. The Blue Room is not very clean. Once again I saw ants on the floor and some dead flies stuck on the window. The cushions on the chairs were in very poor condition. Once again, needs a "major renovation". There is not much to do at the Horned, but that was okay with us. We drove around and explored Rincon. Nice little town with friendly people. I cannot honestly recommend this place as cleanliness is very important to me. I will return to Puerto Rico. I loved the people, the salsa music and the fun atmosphere, but we will not return to the Horned Dorset Primavera.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Horned Dorset Primavera is a small luxury hotel located in northwestern Puerto Rico, two miles from the town of Rincon. It is set among rolling hills at the edge of the beautiful Caribbean Sea and is known for reserved European service executed in an atmosphere unique in Puerto Rico and the award-winning Restaurant Aaron. The hotel is a member of Relais & Chateaux. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Horned Dorset Primavera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horned Dorset Primavera Rincon
- Horned Dorset Primavera Puerto Rico/Rincon