Beside The Pointe Inn
Villa Cofresi Hotel(Rincon)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$144
US$134
US$126
Travelocity
  • Pool
Lazy Parrot Inn(Rincon)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$131
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
Hotels.com
All reviewsnice balconysandy beachgreat barcloser to the beachwatch the sunsettop floorcasa verdetamboonoisepartyingsurfbeacheswavescoast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2011

If you're travelling to Rincon for surfing and nightlife, this is a great hotel. It's right on the beach which had beautiful crashing waves and has a popular bar with deck. We we're hopping around the island and this was fine for a one-night stay. The room was dark and small, but very clean and the bed was very comfy. Parking was hard as there were only maybe five spots in their lot. Service at the front desk was average. Not much near the hotel itself, so again, stay for more than a night only if you're there for the surfing.

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor with a balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Evergreen813
Reviewed 6 April 2011

Beside the Pointe Inn is a bar with a couple of rooms attached. You can tell that the bar is the priority of the business and the rooms are an after-thought. On the positive side, this place is right on the beach, which is hard to beat for $100/night. I went to Rincon to enjoy the ocean and party with my friends, so the place met my needs. If this is what you're looking for too, consider Beside the Pointe.

Room Tip: Don't plan on going to bed early.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2011

The NOISE every night from the bar and partiers is unbearable ! A beautiful location spoiled by a constant "spring break " vibe , don't even think of bringing kids that want to sleep. THe hotel emails guests 2 days prior to arrival that the surf contest parties will be held there , with live bands late night ... OK ... What about the other nights we stayed ? Just as loud with drunk college kids ! Not to mention they knew they were hosting parties months ago for the contest , so they couldn't mention that when I booked only a month earlier ?

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 20 January 2011

I'd say the hotel is mediocre. I thought the hotel was IN Rincon but it's in Centro Puntas. Once we arrived and checked both out we were relieved. Rincon is a town and Centro Puntas is a cool suburb on a dramatic hillside.

The rooms were ok, nothing to get excited about. The shower never got really warm though. We didn't have any problems with noise from room#1. The only noise you could hear was from the kitchen or people walking by the rooms. When the bar was pumping the AC drowned it out.

Unfortunately half the bar was missing when we were there. We tried to find out when and how it happened but didn't get an answer (staff were always too busy for conversation and forgot to ask the front desk). The outer part of the bar which you see on hotel photos was washed out and collapsed, and so blocked off from the inside. You can't see the ocean when you're eating but you can hear it. This was definitely a bummer, no where did we learn about this so it must be recent.

The surfer atmosphere in this area is one of its best features. It is very laid back and cool. You don't have to worry about much other than the waves. Really, there are huge waves, we had almost no sand at the beach to swim in.

The food as the restaurant is very average. Typical American fare with a PR twist. My husband loved the crab wrap. They also have good happy hour specials. No complaints on the prices other than for the room. I did find $110 a night for this room a bit much, but I guess it's because of the sought after area.

For our breakfasts we are at RockBottom across the road which was awesome. That is definitely a cool bar, very surfer chic but off the water. It is part of the Casa Verde. Another breakfast we went to the English Rose which was a crazy uphill drive but great view and food.

We visited the Villa Cofresi but were not overly impressed. It just appeared like a slightly outdated beach hotel for way too much money. The beach was not as nice and food, although higher class tasted like Lean Cuisine to me. We ordered the Pirate drink there which was definitely cool and very strong. It's coconut milk, rum and nutmeg in a Coconut.

Overall we had no serious issues with out hotel. Lots of parking around and its free. Cool area and fun beach. Beach rentals nearby. I would look into other places next time but if there is nothing for less than $110 a night I'd come back.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2010

We arrived there in the middle of the week at night. The place is in the middle of nowhere. It was far away from any store so you would have to drive out a few miles to get something to eat. There is a restaurant in the hotel and the food was ok. The property is right on the beach which is nice but if you plan to lay out and get some sun, there is no place to do it. You have to drive to another beach.

Now I did not mind that the place is out of the way. The view is very nice where it is. I did not mind the OK food. The thing that bugged me the most is the room we stayed in. It looked clean but it is dark and the over powering smell of roach spray was nauseating. If I had a choice, I would have gone to anther place but we arrived late in the night. It was also very small and right next to a dumpster along with the other rooms. Early in the morning you can hear the staff throwing out bottles from the night before.

The staff are really friendly but that is about it. Consider other hotels even if not on the beach. Most hotels are close to the beaches anyways.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 1 December 2010

Tamboo Beside the Pointe is on a secluded beach area on the north side of Rincón, Puerto Rico. We always reccommend, including in our website, that if you are coming to Rincón you need a rental car. Although Rincón is a small town, nothing is at walking distance. Our property, being on the surf side of Rincón, when there is a BIG swell, we lose most of the beach area but you can still find some space to lay down. This is not the usual. At a 5 minutes drive you can get to the south side beaches that are nice for sun bathing and swimming. We appologize for the alleged smell; we have one of the best Housekeeping Staff - I can say that by experience in the industry, and our exterminating company uses odorless products. This is an endorsed property by the Puerto Rico Tourism Company for the last 9 years and their inspectors are very profesional and rigid in the inspections, our average in the inspections is always over 88% (which is considered excellent in the industry). My staff have instruction not to take the garbage out until at least 8:00 AM, from 6 to 8 AM they are brooming and spraying (hosing) the sorroundings to have our facilities clean for the day, and this is monitored by cameras.

Your feedback is very appreciated since it let us improve on our services, it would have been of more value if you would have let us know while you were here or at your arrival to correct the problem right away. Please accept our apologies for your inconveniences.

Javier E. Quiñones
President
Tamboo Beside The Pointe, Inc.
info@besidethepointe.com