“EXCELLENT STEAKHOUSE IN SURFER TOWN” 5 of 5 bubbles

Parrilleria Vacas Gauchas
Ranked #17 of 110 Restaurants in Rincon
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Quebradillas, Puerto Rico
“EXCELLENT STEAKHOUSE IN SURFER TOWN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I visited this small steakhousem, in Rincon two weeks ago on a sunday afternoon and the whole experience was good although the overall prices are a deep higher than normal steakhouses in Puerto Rico ,we dont ask for any appetizers and we ordered as main dishes different meat cuts including the CHURRASCO, FILET MIGNON , SIRLOIN STEAK and the T BONE STEAK ,most pricy 35 dollars , all well cooked and jucious , and we get full in a hurry and past on desserts, the servive was a little slow and the place is small with like 6 to 8 tables and inside decoration was nice and beautiful, if you are a meat lover this place will love you appetite.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ISRAEL29

Hartford, Connecticut
“Worth a visit, but pay attention to chargs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Went with my wife and grandparents -- I'll start by saying I really wanted to give this place a 5 star rating. It was one of the most fun and trendy restaurants in the area, and we found the small restaurant charming in every way. Great décor, lighting was right for two couples, the wine list, though pricey in some areas, was more than adequate. We made a reservation -- a must since this place is quite small -- and we were there on time and our table was ready. Service was prompt and polite - though the waitress did have to reference her notes for the specials, it was all fine.

We had a great food -- appetizers, home-made sangria and three beef and one Tuna steak -- all delicious. I was ready to go with a 5 Star rating until the check arrived.

We were told the Sangria was half price that night with our entrées only to find out we were charged $14 for each bottle. $28 for a normal wine bottle of sangria I find very steep. Additionally we had the mushroom ravioli appetizer -- a delicious plate of three ravioli -- and when the check came it was listed as $16 for the entrée size. I asked the waitress to confirm that sangria since our third bottle was charged at $18 why were the first two at $14, she said it was right but didn't have an explanation. She did say the ravioli was wrong and would change it. The check came back and the ravioli went from $16 to $14 --- which is an outrageous amount of that appetizer.

Now, I take full responsibility for not asking the price in advance so we paid our check and although tip wasn't included we tipped our typical 20%, however, I would never order any of their specials or "offers" without asking the price. It was hard to imagine that at a place where the Churasco (skirt steak) was $16 the appetizer size ravioli special would be $14! My 8 Oz. NY Strip was only $18 --- I'm still in shock from two nights ago!

Bottom line -- worth a visit, but make sure to ask the exact price of any specials because hypothesizing based on the regular menu prices is a recipe for disappointment

Visited February 2014
2 Thank adsant104
Rincon, Puerto Rico
“Great Taste! I good choice to eat something different in Rincon.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

My first word consistent, the taste and service always is the same in this restaurant, I will say consistent because the flavor of the meat are good and always the same. Is a small restaurant but nice decoration.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Akaninakai
Denver, Colorado
“I Agree - the Best Restuarant in Rincon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I am a sophisticated traveller, OMG the steaks here are better than in NYC or LA. And the service by Julianne was great. The sausage so delectable that all of us tried to be gracious as our carnivore selves took over. But the chocolate creme brulee...it may be bring me back from thousands of mile away. A hidden gem that shines above all the rest Rincon restuarants.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jay D
Saint James, New York
“Best Restaurant in Rincon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Great dining experience in this small town! Chef Steven does an outstanding job in the kitchen and Jess is a spectacular hostess out front. This is high class intimate dining in Rincon, Puerto Rico who would have thought. The steaks are off the charts however the "homemade" pasta selections are a very close second.Their grill vegetables are perfectly done and if your lucky enough to be there when he is preparing crepes for dessert you will be amazed. A must do when in Rincon!

• Visited December 2013