“Nice place to stay at”
Review of Rincon Inn

Rincon Inn
Ranked #17 of 19 Rincon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed last January on our PR road trip, and was pretty happy with our stay. The room furniture may be funky, and water can take awhile to warm up, but for the price, it is a very huge, private and very comfortable place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Rinconinn, General Manager at Rincon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2015

We are happy you all enjoyed your stay! I agree with you about the hot water sometimes taking a few minutes. If you are in a room that is farthest from the heater it will take a few minutes for the water to heat up. Good thing it's always 80 degrees and sunny! I like the word funky for the description of the furniture! :) we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

My brother and I stayed here due to a family emergency.

Room #5 is pretty basic but large, had small fridge, coffee maker (which was not close to any outlet) easy fix - moved it when in use. The television did not work (cable company was doing work on line) the shower pressure was weak and we were unable to connect via the free wifi.

Yet, still found the room to be quite adequate and the prices reasonable. Advised the clerk in the office of our lack of wifi, she did help us with the wifi (sorry to admit) but it only worked while we were near the office, or at the bar - never worked from our room.

Will we stay there again? absolutely - conveniently located, reasonably priced, and I found it very quiet.

Room Tip: I found the rooms on the back of the property were the quietest. However the front rooms must have b...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank francesx728

Thank you for your review. We hope everything worked out for the best with your family emergency. We are very happy to hear you will stay with us again. I am glad you enjoyed the free wifi. The signal is very strong towards the front of the building, we are working on a set up to get the signal to the back rooms. The thick concrete walls make it a bit tough. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights while in Rincon area. We got room no. 8 at the back so we didn't hear the Lucky 13 bar which is situated in the front. The room was okay - actually 2 rooms and the shower had good water pressure which was better than many places we stayed. We did use the refrigerator and microwave so they were useful. I liked that we could drive up to our room. The pool was great. Only a few bad points needing improvement:

- the futon in our room was beaten up and concave so that I slide to the center and it was very uncomfortable. It's time to either fix it or change it

- we had to wade through piles of fallen leaves to get to our room. We told the manager and she immediately got someone to clean them up.

- there was water dripping from the room above onto the entrance area just outside our door and also just inside our door. The manager said she had called a plumber but this was Rincon and it could take a few days. She did offer to change rooms but we stuck it out.

I would consider staying there again but only if the futon was fixed and there wasn't water dripping. Otherwise it was quiet, cheaper than most, and as I mentioned, the pool was great.

Room Tip: Avoid room no. 8 if there is water dripping from above just outside the door and if the futon is ben...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Still_Stompie
Rinconinn, General Manager at Rincon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for your review!

We are happy you enjoyed your stay and were able to make good use of the pool.

Sorry about the water dripping outside the room. Yes it is fixed, as well as a new futon. As was said in your review we did offer you a different room. Room 8 is fine to stay in, leaks and broken furniture are always fixed when brought to our attention. The almond tree in the back is a big pain during the first few weeks of February, that is when it sheds all of its leaves. We do have someone take care of the leaves daily when the tree is in this process.

We hope to see you back in Rincon again soon! Thanks again.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We TRIED to stay here. We had a reservation and had paid for the first night, on the recommendation of people we had met on a Celebrity cruise. They said the rooms were 'basic' but o.k. Our first thought when we pulled up was, "Oh, no." A fairly dilapidated hotel on top of a noisy bar by a noisier highway. But we had prepaid and the price was only $83 a night - good for this area in January. The desk clerk was delightful and very helpful. We asked for, actually insisted on, a room away from the bar and traffic noise. The first room we were shown was large, actually a small bedroom and another room with a mattress on a metal frame plopped in the middle of the floor. My boyfriend tried to help the clerk fold this up, without success. We all agreed that this would not do so she showed us another room in an adjacent building, down a dark and dingy hall. The lock to the room was broken but with much difficulty the door was forced open, exposing a really grim little room. We said we couldn't stay in a room we couldn't lock and the clerk agreed. She was helpful and called around for us, finally securing us a room, almost double the price, at a nearby hotel. We were relieved to be out of there and to get our deposit refunded. It IS an o.k. hotel if you're a surfer dude and so stoned you don't notice the road noise - or if you're sharing with several people - or are not so compulsive that you'd go out and buy a few gallons of paint to redo your room for a two week stay.

Room Tip: If there were any good rooms, we didn't see them.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gigi10ten

Wow!

So am I understanding this correctly? You didn’t stay here, yet you are writing us a bad review? Although you didn’t stay here, the desk clerk was delightful, helped you find another place (for twice as much) after calling around for a while and you still have the nerve to write a bad review. I must say, it is unfair reviews like this one that have made the customer service industry a tougher place to work in during the past 5 years or so.

First of all let’s get this out in the open, anyone who goes on celebrity cruises, probably should not stay at this hotel.

I am the one who made your reservation, you had told me you are staying in San Juan at a resort and already have your stay paid for, but want to come to Rincon for a night to check it out and just need something basic for one night. You told me where you were staying in SJ and I immediately told you, The Rincon Inn is not for you, and I suggested a couple of the resort style hotels here in Rincon. I warned you we are almost totally booked, there may be live music since it’s a busy weekend, our clients this time of year are more of the younger, care free, dare I say “surfer dudes” who may even be “stoned” at times. You said no worries it’s just for one night. What was I supposed to do? Completely deny you from staying here? You would have then written us a bad review for not letting you stay here.

Puerto Rico is not inexpensive. Finding a budget place to stay is not easy. As is mentioned in most of our reviews, we offer a clean, economic, no frills room. We are a perfect option for the BUDGET traveler. I feel bad for all of my restaurant owner friends that you reviewed. I can only imagine how upset you all must have been when they had no Extra-Aged Appenzeller cheese to crumble on top of your salad before dinner.

If you are into being waited on hand and foot, going on celebrity cruises, complain about everything once you step out of your resort, the Rincon Inn, and the town of Rincon is definitely not for you. Please enjoy San Juan.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed at Rincon Inn for three nights in early August. We arrived midweek and it was pretty empty, so the staff allowed us to use the communal kitchen despite having a private room (normally it is reserved for only hostel rooms) which we really appreciated. We had the inside room (there is some natural light if you keep the metal blinds open) but I was happy with how spacious it was. Things were clean and comfortable.

The location is great. It's about two or three blocks on foot to the ocean, it's across from a grocery store and a general store, and there is a great barbeque restaurant on site. The staff was friendly and helpful. We asked about a good snorkeling beach and we were guided to Steps Beach, which became our favorite snorkeling site of the trip.

For no-frills accomodations, good location and price, I recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon T

Thank you for your nice review!

I am glad that being able to use the communal kitchen in the hostel helped you out. During slower times we do sometimes let the guests staying in the private rooms use the hostel kitchen, we definitely understand how expensive eating out can get.

your comment "For no-frills accomodations, good location and price, I recommend it." is much appreciated.

Thank you, we hope to see you here again soon!

Reviewed 17 December 2013

The room was clean and the staff was friendly. It was fairly far from town and the beach. You could walk about 3-4 blocks to the beach, but then it's just a strip of sand in a residential area. No services nearby. They were doing a lot of outside work on the property, and we were awakened by the sound of chainsaws and miter saws at 7:30am. And they turned the water off so we didn't have water until 10am. That was a bummer. I know they have to do necessary work, but could they have done it later in the day when most tourists are out?!?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KleighN
Rinconinn, Manager at Rincon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay!! Aww...we were just ok?? You even said the room was clean and staff was friendly which to me are 2 of the most important aspects of a hotel.

We are only about a 15 min. walk to town (there is definitely not too much to see there anyway) and the beach is only 2.5 blocks away (not far unless you completely hate walking anywhere). The closest beach is in a residential area (again not too big of a deal) but you can walk up and down the beach in either direction and it completely changes. This is one thing I love about Rincon is how much the coast completely changes so quickly, all the beaches have a bit of different scenery.

Not sure what type of services you were looking for but we do have a restaurant and bar downstairs, grocery store across the street, surf shop 2 blocks away, gas station/pharmacy 1/2 block away, bank 3 blocks away, beach 2.5 blocks away, laundry mat and beauty salon 3 blocks away, even a tire place to change your tires less than 1/2 block away. We even have a dollar store , discount clothing store and physical therapist right across the street. Those are a lot of services just a stones throw away.

I am sorry that one of the days you stayed here we did have a water pipe leaking and we had to repair it. That is why we handed out letters to all our guests saying the water was going to be out from 8-10am while the leak was fixed. It is nearly impossible to pick a time of day to do a small repair like this where is doesn't inconvenience at least 1 guest, that is why we handed out the letter to give everyone a heads up. They were only using a regular hack saw and a grinder to cut a few lines of copper. My miter saw has been missing for a year, I sure hope the workers aren't using it because I haven't seen it.

Anyway I am mostly happy that you thought the staff was friendly and the room clean. I hope you consider staying with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed here for a week. Spartan accomodations, but as far as hostels go it was good. Clean, hot water, comfy mattresses, communal kitchen, gas stove fridge, in the room bathroom and shower. Towels changed 1 to 2x week. The office open 10- 5 ish. They'll leave you your key in the mailbox if you're flying in late. Fly in to Aquadilla, rent a car there ..the drive is about half hour. You need wheels to be on this side of island, dont skimp. There's a bar downstairs, sometimes the noise can carry but wasn't bad the week I stayed here. Adjacent to a two lane main road (115) with omevtraffic noise. The food is good at the bar, the drinks overpriced but bartender's friendly. Good surfing spots close by. Market across the street. If you don't surf, wouldn't stay in town for more then 3 days..you'll get bored.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for writing us a review! Your description of everything in the hostel is definitely about spot on. We try to change towels etc. at least every other day though, I hope you didn't have to go all week with just 2 towel exchanges. The bar/restaurant is nice, the noise is usually never too bad, food is very good, their drinks are definitely moderately priced compared to some of the other places I have seen around here, besides the dive bars. We hope you get the chance to come visit us again sometime soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
#1 of 2 in Aguada
Casa Verde Hotel
Casa Verde Hotel
#3 of 7 in Rincon

Been to Rincon Inn? Share your experiences!