“Great food & service”

Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2014

As a group of 4 adults and 4 children under 9 we went to Saltaire during our recent stay in Rincon. The food was excellent, fresh and well prepared. We enjoyed the spinach salad, grilled octopus for appies and I had the catch of the day which was awesome. The kids all had pasta and requested second bowls it was so tasty!

The bread pudding was the best dessert had at the table and our service was excellent. We went around 6 pm so early enough to beat the crowds with the kids in tow which allowed us to have amazing personal service!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Spent a long weekend in Rincon to avoid the snow, and based on my research, didn't expect much. The best restaurant on TA is Banana Dang, a coffee shop (with very good coffee, for sure.) The reviewers missed this place. It is excellent, great, wonderful. I had the best grilled octopus salad - better than any I have ahd in NYC - for a started and followed that with grouper ( local) which beat any fresh fish in recent mememory. Service was great and the table with my love interest was quiet. Not much of a view, but... the food is superb.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

The power had gone out in part of Rincon and we stumbled upon this place - as it had power - lucky for us. We thought we had eaten at all the restaurants in this area but this was new. The atmosphere was great and the food was delicious! They also have a great bar! Well worth the stop!!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We have visited Rincon for the last three years and have dined almost everywhere in the area. When we heard that Saltaire was the newest endeavor of the former chef at The Lazy Parrot, we were eager to try it. What a delight! Even though the chef is the same one, his culinary skills have obviouslymatured considerably. We were served a meal by excellent and friendly wait staff which consisted of very fresh local fish, local produce.. The queen snapper over a hash of potato, onion, fresh mushrooms and house-made sausage was one of the best meals I have had anywhere, on a par with any big city five-star establishment. Desert was a lemongrass cream brulee that was exquisite. The ambience is tropical, welcoming, and very pleasant. I hope this new restaurant is a long-term success, as I look forward to dining there on my return to Rincon.

1  Thank cordoc
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Honestly I would have never have thought there would be a restaurant with food of this caliber in Rincon. We actually found it by accident when the restaurant we tried to go to was packed, so we decided to try Saltaire, and I'm so glad we did. While this restaurant is more expensive than most restaurants in Rincon, it's also better than all the others in Rincon. The staff is excellent, very friendly and consistently checking to make sure you are doing well.

And while I really loved the outside setting of the restaurant, we were sitting on the second level right above a large, loud party. The noise from some of these diners, would sometimes interfer with our conversation. My one suggestion, would be to push the lower tables back away from the wall and close off the back "entrance" to the restaurant.

Overall, I can easily say this was the best accident I've made in a long time!