“Best Place in Town”
Review of Casa Verde Hotel

Casa Verde Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Rincon
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I love this hotel! One of the many perks is the location, which is walking distance to gorgeous beaches. With the restaurants, Kahuna's and Escape so close by, you get the best burgers in town and healthy refreshing dishes and drinks right at your finger tips. Billy and Sashary and the rest of the bilingual staff were so accommodating and welcoming it made the experience that much better. It is great for all ages, I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Rachel B
Billy B, Owner at Casa Verde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Rachel,
If I may speak on behalf of my staff...particularly, Sashary. It was a lot of fun visiting with you while you were in town. I think eventually you are going to have to move here. I hope you enjoyed the fresh squeezed vegetables and juices in the morning. I know we enjoyed the conversations. Please let us know when you are planning on coming back for a visit (or an extended vacation) and I will tell Sashary to keep an out for you.

Thanks again, and keep us posted.
Billy Bonbright
owner

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I wanna start by saying thank you to Billy and Lillian for helping us get a room at the last second during the holidays! We loved the room we had (104) for the roominess, location (quietest) and the cute decor. The restaruant Big Kahuna was a fun bar with good grub (Bikini veggie burg, Portabella mushroom burg and Mahi sandwich were all good). The hotel restaurant was good as well...I had the tuna ahi salad and my hubby had tacos...yummy!
The bar gets cranking at night so bring ear plugs if you want to do an early morning surf session. The buckets of beer are only 8-10 bucks all the time...drink specials available too. All in all a good, fun trip. Lot's of parking for big and little cars (parking is at a premium in this part of Rincon). Short walk to Sandy beach & Parking lots for surfing. 10 minute drive to Maria's & Dome's for surfing.

Room Tip: Pack your earplugs...Room 104 is the most quiet and private.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AngieMiami
Billy B, Owner at Casa Verde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Angie,
It was such a pleasure to meet both you over the Christmas and New Year's Holidays. I am really glad you enjoyed yourself so much while you were here. It is really nice to receive such wonderful reviews regarding the new room Hotel Impossible did for us. We are currently re-modeling all remaining rooms and hope to be completed by the time the show airs. In response to the need of ear plugs...we had such a good time New Years Eve that is was hard to stop everyone from having such a good time. I am happy to say we took Anthony's advice from Hotel Impossible and the Travel Channel and continue to close at midnight every night of the week so we do not disturb any of our guests ability to sleep. I apologize if we kept you up a little bit on New Years Eve but, it was New Years Eve. We look forward to seeing you again soon, and please stay in touch. Thanks again. Billy

Reviewed 31 December 2012

We stayed at Casa Verde Guest House in December. We were amazed by the prompt and friendly service we received. The location is great, with the rooms being a great value. It's a bit hard to find, but once you get there - you'll be glad you found it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank BuckeyeAgTravel
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Casa Verde hotel is amazing. Our family stayed two nights in November. Billy and the staff were tarific. We locked ourselves out of the room not once, but twice! Billy again very helpful. I would recomend Casa Verde to anyone heading to Rincon!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank chica2001
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I took my boyfriend to PR in August as a birthday gift and we stayed at Casa Verde guest house. We loved the place and loved the price. We spent our second week in the Casa Verde hotel which we loved, as well! The owner and employees were super helpful and gracious, and the atmosphere was great. We went during a quiet time, but still enjoyed spending time at the bar downstairs during happy hour for tacos and drinks. The hotel is a short block from the beach, which was awesome, as well! Definitely would recommend this hotel, and I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kate H
Reviewed 11 September 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the new hotel in August and it was absolutely amazing! We have stayed at the guesthouse before and love the laid back surfer vibe, but this time we decided to try the hotel to see what it was like.The rooms were clean and spacious and the staff was friendly and accommodating. We also enjoyed having the Bamboo bar and restaurant right downstairs. It's in a great location close to the beach, shops, and other bars/restaurants. Great rates too. We would definitely go back, and hope to soon!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katie R
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We had reserved the room for 4 nights. When we arrived we had to pay all nights in advance and the reception recommended us to change the room to a more expensive room that was supposed to be more quiet. So we paid 20 dollars more per night.

The bar was right next to this "quieter" room!! At night it was very load and we couldn't sleep at all.

So next day we wanted to cancel the coming nights, but they didn't let us and it was very unfair to trick us to pay more for quieter room, when it really wasn't quiet at all.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Pienisika
Billy B, Owner at Casa Verde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

I am very sorry for the experience you had here at Casa Verde Guest House. We take great strides to convey to every guest what to expect when they arrive...however, perhaps we fell short. I am happy to say this year the bar will be changing its hours of operation to close by 12am Sunday through Thursday and 2am on the weekends. I certainly hope you can give us another try.

Billy B
owner/manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Hotel Colombus
Hotel Colombus
#1 of 2 in Aguada
Parador Villas del Mar Hau

Been to Casa Verde Hotel? Share your experiences!