“Worst Holiday ever.and i am 82 years young”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kewstoke
Sand Bay Leisure Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kewstoke
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The only good thing about the place was the food, Entertainment WHAT entertainment if you were not able to dance it was like watching BBC repeats for 4days.
Check in was chaos. Maintenance was non existent as I reported reception that one of the windows in the chalet would not open, and was told it would be put to maintenance so with so with heat being in the 70,s we had to leave the door open when we were in the chalet not very convenient as when we left the window could still not be opened. I could go on but if you are thinking about going THINK LONG AND HARD.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Bolwer

Reviewed 20 July 2014

this is my 3rd review of sand bay, and as always, have got to say its fantastic value for money, we normally go in may, but as martyns were in administration, we decided we couldnt risk losing our money, so we went to brean sands.
but when we found out pontins has purchased the camp back, we decided to go and see what was happening,so on the14th of july, off we went, me, my partner,and our good friends john & jean scott, booked in, and our chalet was damp from a leak in the roof (yes we did have rain), so went to reception and asked if we could move, as i have emphasema, the girl at the desk was so helpful, she couldnt have been better, so 10 out of 10 for reception,
after reading the latest reviews, complaints aplenty about being like a building site, well im sorry, but if they are going to upgrade, youre going to get areas fenced off, so they had to walk a few extra yards, its being done for youre benefit, so stop whinging,and get a life.

entertainment was good, but again, its got to be giving time, mark worked his b###s off, and we think he deserves a round of applause, the camp is going to be a lot better, the work thats been done in the swimming pool is amazing, its going to be, the games room, the gym, and pool in one building, less walking (FOR THE WHINGERS).
they are short staffed, but recruting all the time, the dining room does need more staff, urgently, but the staff they have gave their all so 10 out of 10 to you, the food was again very good, plenty of choice, and with the new buffet style, spread over a period of time, you can go up as many times as you like, although the lady that was pinching the sachets of museli at breakfast, and the others that were obviously doing the same, SHAME on you, so we will continue to go to sand bay leisure resort for as long as we can.

lets hope pontins achieve what they are after, oops going back to the entertainment, its 100 per cent better because scott has gone and we can all understand whats being said, keep up the good work pontins, and we see you very soon.
paul,paul, john & jean.

Room Tip: again, if you are disabled, or cant walk to far, ask when booking for a chalet near the main buildin...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank paulbonner355
Reviewed 20 July 2014

we have just got back from 4 day break and had a lovely time (my partner treated me for my birthday) pontins has taken over and you seethe improvements already when we was last there in march they are building new chalets doing the gardens up meal times they have extended the times so you can go in when you like there isn't any delays getting your food there is always plenty and good choice aswell
entertaintment there is always plenty going on day and night the resident band plays all your favourite tunes and something for every one
the swimming pool is alot cleaner and the showers dont smell any more could be aliittle more cleaner but iam sure they working on that
the chalet we had number 61 was not up to scatch it was not clean very dirty we couldn't have a bath toiet dirty behind and smelt awful curtains was haging of there hooks we know they are doing the chalets up but they could make them clean
tip take your garden chairs with you if it nice sit outside the chalet there is not enough benches people take the first
bar prices are expensive they could put on special deals on for beer/shorts
all the staff are very friendly

Room Tip: go for a room already done up ask when you booked but you dont spend time in your room only to sleep...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alan d
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Having read a lot of reviews before we went we expected the worst.Chalet was clean as were the bedding and towels.Self service was good not rushed and plenty of choice of tables,food also fine.Enjoyed the entertainment not dancers ourselves but enjoyed watching others . Not bingo people either but we joined in and won £135 so that was an added bonus.On finishing this review all I can say to others is if you want 5 star treatment you need to look elsewhere not Pontins as you only get what you pay for !!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank GillianC252
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We are senior citizens, and I am disabled so the area of sand bay is excellent for me as it was flat. The food was very good. We only had one meal where the vegetables didn't seem to have been cooked for long, but all in all we enjoyed our meals. The room we had was an upgrade. We always ask for the same one every year. Yes we have been a repeat visitor and we are going again next year. We found the room to be very clean, and the ensuite . Dont know what the visitors wanted to see on arrival. But pensioners waltzing around the dancefloor, well what did she expect to see them doing, gambolling and cavorting like teenagers In my opinion she should realise that one day she will be a pensioner and be glad to dance around the dancefloor, if she's still able. Why go to what we call a holiday camp. I know its known as a leisure centre but surely if they want 5 star treatment then go into a 5star hotel

Room Tip: Choose an upgraded room. Theres lots more space
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EILEEN H
Reviewed 15 July 2014

After staying here for a long weekend with my partner, I was pretty much disgusted with the state of the room in which I stayed. It was clear that the staff hired to clean the rooms certainly do not do their jobs properly. Our room wasn't even cleaned to a basic standard, as it was filthy and riddled with spiders and webs, amongst other insects. Monday morning saw me waking up, to quite possibly, the biggest spider I had ever seen on one of the bedroom walls! The bathroom was in a horrendous state, with the toilet, bath tub and sink filled with body hairs, marks and stains from people who had previously stayed there. None had been cleaned or bleached WHAT SO EVER. And a toilet paper holder positioned somewhat over the bath tub...easily one of the most stupid things that I've ever seen. The smell of the bathroom was literally making me gag. Showering was an impossible task, with water only being hot or cold; it was impossible to have warm water to shower in. We had also been given towels that had been previously used, again covered in stains. Blood? Poo? Even as little as £50 should entitle you to a clean room for the weekend. I felt like I'd been living in a public toilet the whole weekend. Positive aspects of the room? None, other than a working TV. Outside of the room, dinner was basic but ok. However, they are obviously understaffed with staff appearing overworked. As a younger couple, I felt discriminated against and unwelcome at one point when we was questioned by a member of staff as to what we was doing at the hotel whilst at the arcade in the entertainment section. On a positive note, breakfast was good. However, I would not recommend anyone to stay here; you'd be better off looking elsewhere.

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms at all costs
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joshh_M_93
Reviewed 14 July 2014

we went here for an army reunion so thankfully we didn't have to stay there although some of my colleagues were not so lucky. The main entrance was shabby but we thought we would give it the benefit of doubt. On entering the main building we were dismayed to see something out of hi-de-hi. Pensioners waltzing round the dance floor like a tea dance, then we had the bingo where everyone was expected to be quiet!! we went into another room so we could speak. The queue at the bar was ridiculous and on each occasion of being served the same drinks costs different amounts depending on who was serving. The carpets were filthy as were the toilets even though someone had the cheek to sign the chart to say otherwise. This should not just say adults only but possibly grandparents only as this is the type of place my gran would have enjoyed back in the 80s.my advice go elsewhere until they pull it into the 21st century

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ScotlandLjh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kewstoke
Cabot Court Hotel
#20 of 28 in Weston-super-Mare
Queenswood Hotel
Queenswood Hotel
#9 of 28 in Weston-super-Mare

Been to Sand Bay Leisure Resort? Share your experiences!