“Worst night ever in a hotel”
Review of Commodore Hotel

Commodore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kewstoke
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed here Tuesday 8th Oct 2013. Due to disability we needed a ground floor room, hence we were put in a small building adjacent to the main hotel. The room was cold, dirty, paper hanging from the ceiling, bathroom mouldy, taps loose, furniture old but usable, just about adequate. Now let's talk about the bed, nice duvet but the mattress was the most uncomfortable lumpy spring bulging thing I have ever tried to sleep on. Tried I say because we got hardly any sleep. Absolutely appalling hence the poor rating. Didn't complain at the time because it was only 1 night and we couldn't have got upstairs if we'd been offered that anyway. It wasn't that cheap, about £50 a night but next time we'll go to a chain as there's less chance of disappointment than a place like this. The food was ok, nothing to write home about, not particularly cheap, not particularly good.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank obionica
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Commodore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear obionica

Thank you for your review. I was very surprised and disappointed to read that we fell short of your expectations during your recent visit to our hotel. However I can assure you that should you have bought your concerns to our attention during your stay we would have done everything possible to ensure you had a more comfortable and enjoyable experience.

We have a dedicated housekeeping team at the hotel and it is a very rare occasion that we receive anything but positive feedback regarding our guest rooms, should this have not been the case with regards to your allocated room please accept my sincere apologies.

I have passed on your comments and feedback to the hotel general manager who assures me he will investigate and rectify any areas that require attention.

Thank you for choosing the Commodore Hotel, we do hope that you will visit again soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We booked the Commodore before reading the reviews on trip adviser. When we had a chance to read the reviews we thought we had made a mistake. However, how wrong we were. The hotel is set in a very peaceful location very close to the sea on Sand Bay.The room was warm, nicely decorated, very clean with a comfortable double bed and all the facilities you would expect, lots of coffee and tea, plenty of milk and a little tea pot. We decided to eat in the evening at the hotel as most of the restaurants in Weston didn't appeal to us. The food was fresh and extremely good value for money, served by a very helpful and lovely waitress (Monday evening). The breakfast which was included in the very low room price was good and set us up for the day. I often wonder what some of the reviewers on this site expect for their money. I have stayed in many hotels around the UK, many costing more than this did and found them to be awful. The Commodore was great value for money both for the stay and the food offering as well as the location. We will certainly return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rebel187
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Commodore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear rebel187

Thank you for your recent review. We were all very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and also that you took the opportunity to dine with us for both breakfast and dinner, and again thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

It is always a pleasure to read our guests comments and feedback, which we use to help improve our standards and services in order to ensure an enjoyable and comfortable stay for all.

Thank you for choosing the Commodore Hotel, we really do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Nice old style hotel in a beautiful peaceful location, away from the main town. Friendly staff, good rooms, and very good value for money in our particular case. Will return if in the area, and will recommend to anyone needing a break of journey when heading to the Southwest.

• Stayed: September 2013
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Commodore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Ernest M

Thank you for your recent review. We were thoroughly delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel ideally situated in a peaceful location with friendly staff and good rooms.

I will certainly pass on your comments to the whole team that helped make your stay that little more memorable and enjoyable and we really do appreciate your recommendations.

Thank you for choosing the Commodore Hotel and we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again the next time you’re heading Southwest.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Bedroom was a small double the bed was large and lumpy, tea and coffee plus biscuits were provided. The bathroom was very dated, shower which wasn't powerful and had a shower curtain so overall not great. Flat screen tv. one of the lamps did not work and the carpet looks a little worn not great feeling to walk on. Overall I would say room was ok for the night. Food available with a good choice on the menu and cheap so no complaints service was good and staff very friendly. Breakfast was ok. Nice outlook across the sea and a nice walk along the front. So overall I would say an average stay and food good.

Room Tip: get room at the front for great sea view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 504202Sunlover
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Commodore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear 504202Sunlover

Thank you for taking some time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us. I was a little disappointed to read that we fell below your expectations and that you encountered one or two minor issues. I would like to assure you that we take all feedback very seriously indeed and that your comments will be used to help maintain and improve our standards and services, as to ensure a more comfortable and enjoyable stay for all our guests.

I was very pleased to read that you found our dedicate staff welcoming and helpful and overall enjoyed your stay and breakfast along with the scenic views from our hotel and guest rooms. Many of our guests take advantage of our location and enjoy the local walks, especially along the sea front.

Thank you for choosing the Commodore Hotel, we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We were married on the 7th September 2013 at The Commodore Hotel all our guests stayed at the hotel overnight the rooms were very clean and comfortable, breakfast was excellent piping hot and cooked to order , our marriage ceremony and reception afterwards was held in the Lewis Suite and went without a hitch due to the hard work by the wedding organiser Jackie and the general manager Dave and his team. All in all it was a fabulous day , well done The Commodore Hotel Highly Recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Commodore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Karen U

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that you and your guests thoroughly enjoyed your wedding here at the Commodore Hotel, we wish the happy couple all the very best for thier future together.

I will be sure to pass on your comments and feedback to Jackie and her team, who I know will be very pleased to read them.

Thank you for choosing the Commodore Hotel and we hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Withdrew and Rewritten my last review since it was written in haste and was based mainly on just the one room ( 12 .. I think) for the one night. On a more +ve note the staff were great and dealt as best they could with some of the problems we faced. .... eg. the one bedroom window would not stay open on its own, the cold water tap failed to actually run cold, the bedside light did not work ( this at least was swapped for us as reception said they didn't have replacement bulbs) All these things were brought to reception's attention but did detract from our 1st ever stay in Weston as a couple. The evening carvery served a good selection of food which was enjoyable. The cooked breakfast was also more than adequate and waitress friendly. I hesitate to concur with others who use the word 'tired' when really and truly some very basic attention is all that's needed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Brian D

Thank you for your most recent review. I was very pleased to read that our dedicated team could help and assist you with any initial problems encountered during your stay with us. I would like to assure you that your comments and feedback have been investigated and rectified where possible.

I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed our Carvery and that you also dined with us for breakfast, many visitors and hotel guests alike positively comment on our dining options and it is always a pleasure to read when a guest has enjoyed their experience.

Thank you for choosing the Commodore Hotel and we do hope we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We visited, and stayed here for a friends wedding. I have to confess I wasn't sure what to expect! I stayed with my sister and her family, and my nephew has disabilities which means that he can be a little bit boisterous at times - but also support is needed to manage his disabled buggy and food and drink requirements.

The hotel is tired, but it is clean. The family room I stayed in with the kids was really spacious and well worth the money paid for it.

The wedding went off without a hitch - and the hotel is well staffed to ensure that guests are looked after

Critically for us, the hotel staff were amazing with my nephew - they were accommodating and genuinely helpful in dealing with finding places for the disabled buggy, ensuring we had access to the venue room, making sure we had endless supplies of the milk that my nephew needs - even providing filled ice buckets to chill milk in overnight.

Breakfast was more pleasant than I expected - there were no hot plates full of dried food, and breakfast was served to order - again catering for our slightly unique requests without the slightest concern being raised

It is a shame that the hotel is a little tired - but we had a really great stay, and the Bride and Groom had a fabulous wedding.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank screpta
Latona L, Manager at Commodore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear screpta

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the wedding and that your guest room was accommodating to your requirements.

We have a dedicated team here at the Commodore Hotel and many guests and visitors regularly comment on the level of customer service that we provide and pride ourselves on. I would like to assure you that your comments and feedback will be passed on to the whole team, who I know will be very pleased and proud to read them.

Thank you for choosing the Commodore Hotel and I do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kewstoke
Travelodge Weston-super-Mare hotel
#13 of 28 in Weston-super-Mare
Seaward Hotel
Seaward Hotel
#25 of 28 in Weston-super-Mare

Been to Commodore Hotel? Share your experiences!