“New Zealand off the beaten track”
Review of 4X4 Adventures

4X4 Adventures
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I both loved our experience with Sandi and Phil, having had a fantastic 3 days of touring some of the most beautiful parts of a beautiful country. Our three days with them were clearly the best we have ever spent in NZ, and this was our third trip. We have always wanted to get off the sealed roads to really see the high country and we couldn't have asked for a better way to do so. Our only regret is that we wish we would have done this sooner.

I especially want to thank Phil for helping me get up and down Mt. Sunday. I have done similar things before but I felt much more confident having your support. I really wanted to do that walk! Sandi, we can't thank you enough for the whole experience and how well you looked after us. You both took the time and gave the attention necessary to do an excellent job in making us feel comfortable and at ease. That attention coupled with your vast knowledge of all aspects of NZ from geology to trout to Maori and colonial history and present day culture, make your tours much more than just scenery passing by the windows. Your recommendations of books to read that described the history and backstory of the areas we visited and the people who had lived there gave us a breadth and depth of travel experience seldom found anywhere.

We loved NZ before and we love it even more now. You both do a fine job of representing all that NZ has to offer. Thank you again for going out of your way to make our trip truly memorable.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

we did the High country tour, and absolutely loved it..
we toured most of south island and this was defiantly by far a real high light of our trip.. meeting real down to earth locals with good ground knowledge of the area and the history.. with an awesome sense of humour! and awesome hospitality .. I highly recommend this trip! to see and experience the realness and beauty of our country, words just cant explain this trip.. but AWESOME!! totaly AWESOME! the sheer cliff drops, definition of our mountains, the beauty of fast flowing clean water hitting the rocks.. Aotearoa New Zealand at its most best!! and most real!

... thanks to Phill and sandi for the adventure of a life time..

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was mine and my brother's very first time in New Zealand and was also our very first tour of the country. Being huge LOTR fans, we found Phil and Sandi's site and immediately knew they would be the perfect tour for us! Sandi sent me the most informative emails while we were corresponding. They picked us up at our hotel right on time and we felt right at home with them. It was like we knew them for years! It was a really magical experience, one that we keep playing over and over in our minds. It's something that we will treasure forever and they made the experience even more amazing. We had such a lovely time and can't wait to come back and do a longer trip with them!!

1  Thank iyumnewyork
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We travelled as a couple to New Zealand and did a southern island tour! One of our highlight for this trip is the Lord of the Rings Tour. Sandi and Phil were humorous and informative! We learnt so much on the road trips as we travelled to the various scenic spots! They were very hospitable and made sure we had enough food to eat and drink throughout the day. Our only regret is not being able to schedule them into our trip earlier so that we could explore more of New Zealand together. If you were to ask me, would you recommend them to my friends and families? You can imagine a resounding yes. In fact, if you are a nature lover, enjoys the beautiful scenic and would love to find out more about what you see, Sandi and Phil are the right people for the job! They would bring you to explore and enjoy the bits of New Zealand!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Phil and Sandi made this tour one of the highlights of my tour round New Zealand. They are both lovely people, who are clearly passionate about what they do, and want to share that with others.I was lucky that I was on my own, and was treated like a princess all day. The homemade cake and food was delicious, and the scenery was spectacular. Being able to stop when I wanted was brilliant to get the pictures that I wanted. The Lord of the Rings tour was fantastic... can't wait to see what they do for The Hobbit. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who has the opportunity to travel to this amazing country.