“Still think about my stay here, two years later...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Osler House

Osler House
Ranked #1 of 3 Dundas B&B and Inns
Canada
“Still think about my stay here, two years later...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

In May 2010, I stayed at Osler House and never got around to posting the review though I meant to. But I am doing it now because every time I happen to think about my stay there, I am still pleased. Gary was a pleasure to get to know, the room was beautiful, and the breakfast was delicious. (And those scones were the absolute best I I have ever had.) I would love to go back sometime, if I am in the area again.

Here's what I had written shortly after the stay and never posted:
I stayed at Osler House for a conference I attended at nearby McMaster University. It was close to the university, easily accessible by bus or car. Although I was travelling on a budget, I decided to stay here though it was a more than I had initially anticipated spending on accommodation. After considering all my housing options, I decided I would prefer to support a quality B & B with great reviews than a chain hotel with less than exciting reviews. And I am so glad I made the choice to stay here!

I had a wonderful stay. The value was amazing; the quality of my experience here was worth the price. The home is historical and decorated with nice antiques that reflect the style of the home. I stayed in the very pretty Sir Edmund Boyd Osler Room, which has a private, nice bathroom on the hall. The other two rooms are larger, also beautiful, with bathrooms en suite.

Breakfast was fabulous each day, and I enjoyed getting to know Gary. He is an exceptional host, and Osler House felt like my home away from home for the weekend (though way more elegant than my actual home!). I felt like I treated myself with my wonderful and relaxing stay here, and I was already recommending it to others I met during my stay!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Osler House is a beautiful old home close to the downtown Dundas area. The area is residential, but the quaint shops and restaurants of downtown Dundas are a few blocks away. Hamilton is also just a few minutes away.

The house is wonderfully furnished with antiques but it is warm, inviting, and comfortable at the same time. I stayed at the house for a week on a business trip, so I'm used to staying in hotels, but I chose the Osler House because the hotels in Hamilton didn't look special and the Osler House was convenient to Hamilton. Every amenity typical hotels have Osler House has in abundance. Additionally, the breakfasts alone are worth staying here for - everything is so fresh and cooked to perfection. The scones are to die for; I've traveled extensively in the UK and the scones at the Osler House rival the best I've had.

For the majority of my stay, Heather was my host; she's incredibly friendly, very helpful, and a great chef.

I would definitely recommend Osler House. The home has an abundance of charm and it really feels like home away from home.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Hosts Gary and Sara have done a remarkable job not just renovating/restoring a wonderful historical home and grounds, but also adding thoughtful, charming, tasteful decor / fixtures / objets d'art / furniture. The rooms are spectacular, the bed was really comfortable and the small touches (glasses of sherry, chocolates, bathroom extra supplies etc) are graciously done.

Bacon and cheese soufflée right from the oven for breakfast! A couple who'd stayed for three days were quick to tell us the other terrific breakfasts they'd enjoyed. Gary is clearly a chef de cuisine manqué.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

Just got back from two night stay in osla house what a wonderful place Gary is the most amazing cook, the breakfast was to die for.wish we could have stayed longer the room was perfect so comfy and everything you need is there.
Lovely thanks Gary x x

Room Tip: All tne rooms are equally lovely