“Bali Floating Leaf - Amazing experience”

Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sukawati
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I first learned of Floating Leaf from an article in USA Today declaring it to be The Healthiest Destination. I researched it to find marvelous reviews, and I booked straight away. My hopes were sky high as I have health problems and have tried everything. I was not disappointed, in fact, I was astonished to find that food could be so healthy and taste so good. It sounds extreme to say it changed my life, but after a few days at Floating Leaf I felt immensely better. I learned how to eat healthfully and how to cook once I returned home. I am like a new person now; healthy, vibrant and full of positive energy. My friends and family notice the difference as well.

I cannot thank the good people of Floating Leaf enough for turning my life around. And to think I did it all at the most beautiful resort I could have ever imagined!

Floating Leaf offers so much more than remarkable food, but them teaching me how to eat well and how to live a healthy lifestyle, has changed my life. Thank you and I will be back as soon as I am able.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MitziCali
MikakuFloatingLeaf, Owner at Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you so very much and this is wonderful to hear. The reason we worked to create Floating Leaf is to help people. When someone benefits, appreciates or becomes inspired by what we do at Floating Leaf it makes it all worth it and fills us with such joy. To hear that you enjoyed Floating Leaf is wonderful but to know what you learned here has continued to bring you happiness and good health is even better. We know that it means a great deal to you and you have searched for a way to happiness and improved health for many years. We are so thrilled that we could be a part of the solution for you. We are always here for you. Should you have any questions, need encouragement, or just want to say hello, please remember us and reach out. We wish you nothing but the best and we thank you for passing on such a nice review.

There are newer reviews for Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat

Reviewed 3 May 2014

What an amazing place! Owner Michael Doliveck and his family have created a spiritual and cultural oasis. The architecture merges the surrounding ricefields and ocean views with the comforts of a five-star resort. The staff was super friendly and attentive. No detail is overlooked and the guest is king.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Irvcastaneda
Mikaku, Owner at Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Hello and thank you.
It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us. You are an incredibly detail oriented person and your feedback was very helpful. We have made several improvements based on your feedback. We even painted the wires for the sound system per your suggestion.
We were so glad to be able to provide special excursions for you as well and even happier that you enjoyed them. Your trip was a special one and we were happy to be a small part of it. Thank you again and please come back and visit Bali again soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Its been said that when you meet someone special you will know that it's right. I felt an immediate connection with the owner Michael Doliveck and his beautiful family. They touched my heart with their attention to details and their availability at a moments notice.
Each location at Floating Leaf Eco Retreat is designed for comfort and ease. The rooms are spacious and airy, The views are spectacular and unending that free the mind.
I especially enjoyed the big "family table" where we shared excellent organic food,(prepared by Putu)
The undivided attention to the needs of each guest is what makes Floating Leaf Eco-Retreat a home away from home. A place to come back to again and again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Terri A
Mikaku, Owner at Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you so very much and the pleasure was ours. I like your term "Family Table" as that is what we were after. While we offer many romantic nooks throughout the property, we wanted people to feel at home and part of our loving family. You certainly fit the bill. You feel like a member of our family and we look forward to your return. It was such a pleasure to meet you and Putu and I are thrilled that you enjoyed it as much as we did. Your yoga instruction was inspirational and filled The Sanctuary with love and light.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The saying "love is in the details" is beautifully demonstrated at Floating Leaf Eco-Retreat. I just returned from a 10-day stay there and cannot sing the praises of this special place, or the souls of the people behind it, any higher. They have thought of everything! The gorgeous facilities and grounds are visually sumptuous. You can literally feast on spectacular views of the lush natural surroundings from every corner of the property (rice paddies, neighboring islands, the ocean, mountains and more). The food is all SO delicious and wonderfully fresh (the BEST yogurt I've ever tasted was made each morning and served with our breakfast). The excursions they planned for us allowed our group to dive into Balinese history, customs, arts and daily life in a way that made us feel like we were interacting with distant relatives, rather than looking on as foreign tourists. And the Floating Leaf staff has mastered the art of hospitality, and could not have been more kind, accommodating, or a pure joy to be around. This was my first time at an Eco-Retreat, and the experience has opened my eyes to a whole new conscientious way to travel that I will seek out from now on. Hats off to my new friends, owners Mikaku and Putu, for offering us a soulful, love-filled home away from home. It definitely felt like I was leaving a little bit of my heart behind when it was time to return to the US, so I will definitely be back! Terima Kasih (thank you)!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Wow! What a beautiful review. We can not thank you enough. Having the privilege of hosting you here was absolutely wonderful. You are so kind, thoughtful, gentle and beautiful. If we can be of help in any way for you to follow your passion and new ventures, we would love to. We commonly help with buying and sourcing trips and know many wonderful suppliers. It would be very special for us to welcome you back to Floating Leaf and be of help however we can. Putu and I hope you are back and settled and still retaining your healthy Bali glow. Thank you!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

When you pull into the Floating Leaf Eco-Retreat it looks like a haven rising out of the rice paddies. The physical space is stunningly crafted with meticulous thought going into every detail - from the salt water pool with built in 'recliners,' to the open air yoga sanctuary with a bamboo floor that soothed our feet, to the delightful little spots such as the hand crafted open bed that we spent much time lounging upon looking at land before us. Mikaku and Putu (our hosts) put a lot of love into this space and it shows. I was happily surprised that they limit this space to groups - so our group dynamic flourished in this intimate setting. I envision myself going back there in the future as part of a family reunion.

Mikaku and Putu got to know us all very well and because that, they really crafted an amazing experience - including yoga lessons, meditative walks, dance instruction, beach getaways - and of course - nightlife. Couldn't have asked for a better team than the one at Floating Leaf! Many many thanks

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so very much. It was a true pleasure and honor to meet and host you here. Whenever someone notices and appreciates all the tiny details, our spirits soar. I know that sounds cheesy, but thats how it feels. Thank you for your kindness, feedback and daily smiles.
While we do accept guests not in a group if we have availability, group retreats and tours are our specialty. Your group was a true pleasure and I cant wait to see all of us on Mickela's TV show!
Please come back soon as we miss you already. Thank you once again and the pleasure is all ours.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

From beginning to end we were treated like a mixture of royalty and best friends by the owners and ALL the staff at Floating Leaf. The personalized trips to the cultural highlights saved us from many mistakes and made sure that we made the best use of our time. The somewhat isolated location was never a problem as trips anywhere, anytime were cheerfully arranged and very affordable. The food was local, delightful and plentiful. Always different and always a tasty surprise. Ours was a 12 person yoga retreat and the facility was absolutely perfect for this type of activity, the top floor semi open studio is beautiful.
We will return!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful, roomy, comfortable, and tastefully furnished and decorated. The only re...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Mikaku, Owner at Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Wow- truly humbling. Putu and I are thrilled you felt that way and when guests stay with us (especially for multiple days) they do become family. Its a beautiful thing but always so sad to see them go. We are not out to make millions of dollars. We simply created Floating Leaf so that good friends and 'family' will come back year after year. We aim to create a sangha here in Bali. A safe, loving oasis for wellness, growth and fun as well.

We cant thank you enough and welcome to the family!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed at Floating Leaf Eco-Retreat for 5 nights during a yoga retreat in March 2014. What a wonderful and memorable expereience! From the very first moment we were met at the airport by our drivers throughout our visit until the moment we said our goodbyes, the owners and staff made us feel like members of their own family. They are gracious hosts who take a great deal of pride in what they have created in Floating Leaf and they made every effort to insure that our visit would be an amazing and treasured experience. The Floating Leaf structure itself is quite spectacular ....the bedrooms are beautifully decorated with the works of local artists and they are comfortable and clean. Attention to detail throughout the place is evident in the way it was planned and executed. There is a wonderfully inviting salt water pool to relax in, a beautiful yoga space on the top floor with bamboo floor and an expansive view of the surrounding rice paddies. Meals were lovingly prepared, healthy and delicious.
Mikaku and Putu, our hosts, went out of their way to plan adventures for us to see and experience the Balinese people and culture. They are extremely knowledgeable about Bali and are eager to share their love of the island with their guests. I hope to be able to return again to see and experience more of your wonderful island paradise! Thank you so much for all that you gave our group! Namaste!

Room Tip: The downstairs bedroom near the pool has a huge wonderfully luxurious soaking tub in the bathroom...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so very much. You are too kind and on behalf of all of us at Floating Leaf a gracious and heartfelt thank you.

We feel it is important for our guests to experience authentic culture while in Bali. There is literally no other place like it on Earth. The deeply spiritual and devotional, the unrivaled natural beauty, art and architecture, the mystical, all intertwine and its all there for the intrepid traveler to take in. Knowing where and when to go certainly helps and we try our best to know what ceremonies, rituals and celebrations are occurring so that we can bring those guests who have an interest. Its these adventures that tend to be the most rewarding and enriching.

All the best to you and there are many more adventures to share with you so please return as soon as you can.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sukawati
Rumah Luwih Beach Resort and Spa
LUXE Villas Bali
LUXE Villas Bali
#1 of 199 in Ubud
Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali
The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
The Royal Purnama Art Suites & Villas

Been to Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat? Share your experiences!