“Absolutely Amazing in Everyway!”

Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sukawati
San Diego, California
“Absolutely Amazing in Everyway!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My time at Floating Leaf was far beyond anything I could have imagined. The owner's Mikaku (Michael) and his wife Putu were so gracious and genuinely excited to share this beautiful oasis with their guests. The hospitality and guidance they provided allowed my friends and I to experience all the richness of the Balinese culture. The hotel itself is fabulous with big outdoor spaces and a gorgeous pool. All the rooms are very private with floor to ceiling curved walls of windows that offer wonderful views of the rice fields and ocean. The staff attended to our every need and the food was amazing! Every meal was an adventure... fresh, healthy, imaginative and beautifully presented.

Room Tip: Each of the rooms is special. The location is blissful and if your lucky you may hear the distant c...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maria T
Mikaku, Owner at Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you so very much. Your feedback and kindness mean the world to us and it has been such an absolute pleasure to host your group. We hope you return many times and we promise we will do all we can to live up to your expectations and hopefully surpass them again. It has been a pleasure to meet you and get to know you. You and your group are now family.

They say you only visit Floating Leaf Eco-Retreat as a guest. After that, you are family. That is very true.
On behalf of all the staff (and Bodhi) at Floating Leaf, thank you ever so much and please come back and see us soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Indonesian first
Poway, California
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I spent a couple weeks here in February of this year and loved it. The rooms were immaculate and very comfortable. The staff was nice, polite and as helpful as any I've encountered. The food was delicately prepared and absolutely delicious. The pool was amazing and refreshing. I do not do yoga and not too comfortable with spa treatments, so i cannot speak to those areas of the retreat, but I am a retired international construction worker and have worked on projects all over the world. I know structures. This place is solid and beautiful. I can't wait to come back and bring my wife. She will love it.

Room Tip: All rooms are really nice. Upstairs has a great view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ralph A
A thousand thank you's. So very kind and we are honored. We have many many improvements and upgrades since you have been here. We are continuously trying to do better and better. Your stay was wonderful and you are still missed. The staff mentions you and we reminisce about what a good time we all had. thank you for the kind words and please come back and see us soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I first learned of Floating Leaf from an article in USA Today declaring it to be The Healthiest Destination. I researched it to find marvelous reviews, and I booked straight away. My hopes were sky high as I have health problems and have tried everything. I was not disappointed, in fact, I was astonished to find that food could be so healthy and taste so good. It sounds extreme to say it changed my life, but after a few days at Floating Leaf I felt immensely better. I learned how to eat healthfully and how to cook once I returned home. I am like a new person now; healthy, vibrant and full of positive energy. My friends and family notice the difference as well.

I cannot thank the good people of Floating Leaf enough for turning my life around. And to think I did it all at the most beautiful resort I could have ever imagined!

Floating Leaf offers so much more than remarkable food, but them teaching me how to eat well and how to live a healthy lifestyle, has changed my life. Thank you and I will be back as soon as I am able.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MitziCali
MikakuFloatingLeaf, Owner at Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you so very much and this is wonderful to hear. The reason we worked to create Floating Leaf is to help people. When someone benefits, appreciates or becomes inspired by what we do at Floating Leaf it makes it all worth it and fills us with such joy. To hear that you enjoyed Floating Leaf is wonderful but to know what you learned here has continued to bring you happiness and good health is even better. We know that it means a great deal to you and you have searched for a way to happiness and improved health for many years. We are so thrilled that we could be a part of the solution for you. We are always here for you. Should you have any questions, need encouragement, or just want to say hello, please remember us and reach out. We wish you nothing but the best and we thank you for passing on such a nice review.
Mission Hills
Reviewed 3 May 2014

What an amazing place! Owner Michael Doliveck and his family have created a spiritual and cultural oasis. The architecture merges the surrounding ricefields and ocean views with the comforts of a five-star resort. The staff was super friendly and attentive. No detail is overlooked and the guest is king.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Irvcastaneda
Mikaku, Owner at Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Hello and thank you.
It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us. You are an incredibly detail oriented person and your feedback was very helpful. We have made several improvements based on your feedback. We even painted the wires for the sound system per your suggestion.
We were so glad to be able to provide special excursions for you as well and even happier that you enjoyed them. Your trip was a special one and we were happy to be a small part of it. Thank you again and please come back and visit Bali again soon.
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Its been said that when you meet someone special you will know that it's right. I felt an immediate connection with the owner Michael Doliveck and his beautiful family. They touched my heart with their attention to details and their availability at a moments notice.
Each location at Floating Leaf Eco Retreat is designed for comfort and ease. The rooms are spacious and airy, The views are spectacular and unending that free the mind.
I especially enjoyed the big "family table" where we shared excellent organic food,(prepared by Putu)
The undivided attention to the needs of each guest is what makes Floating Leaf Eco-Retreat a home away from home. A place to come back to again and again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Terri A
Mikaku, Owner at Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you so very much and the pleasure was ours. I like your term "Family Table" as that is what we were after. While we offer many romantic nooks throughout the property, we wanted people to feel at home and part of our loving family. You certainly fit the bill. You feel like a member of our family and we look forward to your return. It was such a pleasure to meet you and Putu and I are thrilled that you enjoyed it as much as we did. Your yoga instruction was inspirational and filled The Sanctuary with love and light.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The saying "love is in the details" is beautifully demonstrated at Floating Leaf Eco-Retreat. I just returned from a 10-day stay there and cannot sing the praises of this special place, or the souls of the people behind it, any higher. They have thought of everything! The gorgeous facilities and grounds are visually sumptuous. You can literally feast on spectacular views of the lush natural surroundings from every corner of the property (rice paddies, neighboring islands, the ocean, mountains and more). The food is all SO delicious and wonderfully fresh (the BEST yogurt I've ever tasted was made each morning and served with our breakfast). The excursions they planned for us allowed our group to dive into Balinese history, customs, arts and daily life in a way that made us feel like we were interacting with distant relatives, rather than looking on as foreign tourists. And the Floating Leaf staff has mastered the art of hospitality, and could not have been more kind, accommodating, or a pure joy to be around. This was my first time at an Eco-Retreat, and the experience has opened my eyes to a whole new conscientious way to travel that I will seek out from now on. Hats off to my new friends, owners Mikaku and Putu, for offering us a soulful, love-filled home away from home. It definitely felt like I was leaving a little bit of my heart behind when it was time to return to the US, so I will definitely be back! Terima Kasih (thank you)!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Wow! What a beautiful review. We can not thank you enough. Having the privilege of hosting you here was absolutely wonderful. You are so kind, thoughtful, gentle and beautiful. If we can be of help in any way for you to follow your passion and new ventures, we would love to. We commonly help with buying and sourcing trips and know many wonderful suppliers. It would be very special for us to welcome you back to Floating Leaf and be of help however we can. Putu and I hope you are back and settled and still retaining your healthy Bali glow. Thank you!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 22 April 2014

When you pull into the Floating Leaf Eco-Retreat it looks like a haven rising out of the rice paddies. The physical space is stunningly crafted with meticulous thought going into every detail - from the salt water pool with built in 'recliners,' to the open air yoga sanctuary with a bamboo floor that soothed our feet, to the delightful little spots such as the hand crafted open bed that we spent much time lounging upon looking at land before us. Mikaku and Putu (our hosts) put a lot of love into this space and it shows. I was happily surprised that they limit this space to groups - so our group dynamic flourished in this intimate setting. I envision myself going back there in the future as part of a family reunion.

Mikaku and Putu got to know us all very well and because that, they really crafted an amazing experience - including yoga lessons, meditative walks, dance instruction, beach getaways - and of course - nightlife. Couldn't have asked for a better team than the one at Floating Leaf! Many many thanks

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so very much. It was a true pleasure and honor to meet and host you here. Whenever someone notices and appreciates all the tiny details, our spirits soar. I know that sounds cheesy, but thats how it feels. Thank you for your kindness, feedback and daily smiles.
While we do accept guests not in a group if we have availability, group retreats and tours are our specialty. Your group was a true pleasure and I cant wait to see all of us on Mickela's TV show!
Please come back soon as we miss you already. Thank you once again and the pleasure is all ours.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sukawati
Rumah Luwih Beach Resort and Spa
Hotel Tugu Bali
Hotel Tugu Bali
#1 of 37 in Canggu
The Royal Purnama Art Suites & Villas

Been to Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat? Share your experiences!