“Best choice in Cherai Beach, you cannot be closer to the beach!”

Sea Line Beach Resort, Cherai
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Cherai Beach
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Best choice in Cherai Beach, you cannot be closer to the beach!”
Reviewed 6 January 2011

We spent 4 nights in total at Cherai Beach. After two nights in the Cherai Beach Resort, which was nice and original, but where we were woken up by rodents running through our hut in the middle of the night, we decided we wanted to be closer to the beach and pay less. The Sea Line resort has balconies facing the water and when the tide comes in, you're literally just 5 meters away from the surf. It is about a 10-minute walk from the "center" of Cherai Beach, but you also have a rooftop restaurant in the hotel, which serves tasty dishes. We also enjoyed the fact that you're pretty much by yourself when sunbathing or swimming - not too many nosy "spectators". Out of the very few hotels in Cherai Beach, we think this is the best choice. We loved this place and would definitely go there again!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kninchen

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Coimbatore
Reviewed 16 November 2010

We stayed for 3 days in Sealine Beach Resort. This was my first time and was quite unsure of what to find. Enroute we found that a tall wall of granite blocks had beed built all along the beautiful beachline. So driving along the beach road really was a big disappointment. Infact we started to curse ourselves for not finding out about the wall earlier. Looks like the politicians think that that wall would stop the tsunamis.
This is resort is quite secluded, far enough to keep the staring locals away. Once we entered the resort we were so releived to find that the resort was along the beach unlike the other resorts whose inmates had to climb the wall over to even see the beach.
The food was good, but very expensive. But the service was so slow that my son fell asleep most of the time. We had to wait atleast 45 mins minimum to get served! For each meal!
The rooms were small, but tidy though. The staff were ok. They were not unhelpful, but they do not go out of the way to make ur trip pleasurable either.
I would never go back Cherai, not because of the just-so-ordinary Sealine Beach Resort, but I still cannot get over the wall. Fine beach, but destroyed to the core. There is no life anymore on this beach... no fun!
I would not recommend this for anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank IndianTraveller007
hyderabad
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Stayed in the resort with my wife and little one for 2 N/3D. Very courteous staff, meticulously clean rooms, great food (we are vegetarians and the choice of menu was really great).

Still missing the tree house and the strategically placed hammocks. WIll return back soon

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
helsinki
Reviewed 15 March 2010

I have visited India many times, this year I have decided to visit Kerala. There are so many things to do, threre are so many places to visit in Kerala! It was quite dificult for me to make my choice. To run from one place to another,to see Kochin attractions from the car's window...its not for me & I'll not advise to do it. You have to feel the place,to have time to enjoy with the nature,to touch local life walking along the streets,visiting local restaurants,taking ayurvedy treatment and of course enjoying with the sea & Indian food.Upon arrival Kochi airport I took prepaid taxi and went to Cherai, Sealine beach resort. In one hour time I have reached this place. Cherai beach is very charm place,There are many hotels,local houses,chineese nets along the beach line.Sealine beach resort is on the first line, it looks lke the sea is under your leg when you are sitting on the terrace
Its wonderful place to relax,to taste indian food,enjoy with the seafood and fresh juices. Even coffee was having special taste there ! The hotel has its own beach and I have met a lof people from other hotels there.They like beach facilities of this hotel and Sealine beach resort'srestaurant. But what I will never forget its evening time on the terrace,its dark,only light from the moon and the sound of sea,noise of waves and smell of sea. It was wonderfull!!! The hotel has very good furnished rooms,some of them with balconies.It's so cosy place, that 3 days for me was not enough to stay what I had planned before,I stayed there another 2 days. Thaks a lot to the staff of the hotel,ecpecially to the hotel manager Mr.Ajid,who makes my staying in the hotel so comfortable. He helped me a lot with the baggage,which was lost my KLM and delivered later,with arranging the trips to Kochin
Even staying in ayurvedy hospital in Thresur, I was asking him for the advice and assistance. The reception of that hotel was not so helpful and proffecional.
And one thing more I have to add about his hotel,its their open restaurant on the second floor,with the great sea view,very polite staff and really delisious food!!! Ev ery morning having coffee I saw dolphins playing in the sea. They are telling to see dolpins for happiness. Its true,I was very happy,had great time at this hotel and in Cheari beach and advise everybody going to Kerala to stay in this hotel to relax. They will organise a trip to Ford Cochin,one day is enough to be there. Also they are organizing backwater trip for half day. And I can be sure you will never forget Cherai beach and Sealine beach resort !!!!

• Liked — location,staff
  • Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Scotland
Reviewed 2 March 2010

Stayed here Jan/Feb 2010 could not fault the hotel/food/staff all first class. The hotel is right on the beach which does get a bit busy during the day but once the day trippers leave you are in heaven a kingfisher beer in your hand watching the sun set.The roof top restraunt is basic but the food is delicious and very fresh,the beach at the hotel is spotless,nothing was to awkward for the staff to sort out in fact they went out of their way to help.The hotel is a bit secluded from the rest of the other hotels which make it the perfect place to chill out.Would I stay here again most definately.

Colin Fi Scotland

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank coco
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cherai Beach
Tea Bungalow
Tea Bungalow
#65 of 208 in Kochi (Cochin)
Blue Waters Cherai
Cherai Beach Resorts
#4 of 7 in Cherai Beach
XL Homestay
XL Homestay
#49 of 437 in Kochi (Cochin)

Been to Sea Line Beach Resort, Cherai? Share your experiences!