We stayed in this place for one day/night in Jan-13.
The location of this place is across the road from beach. So its not exactly a beach resort in the sense you cant walk into beach from your room. However its 2 minutes away. Rooms and place are clean and well maintained. From anti skid tiles at required places and several other safety measures in place it seemed like these guys knew their business. Staff, courteous. Rooms are spacious, clean and bathrooms have super showers and 24 hr hot water. Restaurant and food not bad at all.
Swimming pool in the back side is decent with a great view of backwaters. But water seemed so much chlorinated that it tasted bitter and my friend and myself could not open our eyes inside water at all. Pool side service was good, there was a good supply for fresh pool towels.
There are ayurvedic treatments available but we didnt avail any.
So coming back to location, I should say I was disappointed going in expecting a typical beach resort. The beach too is not the best with huge crowds on sunday evenings and hence gets little dirty. Its better to spend time there before late evenings because of crowds. However the hotel made up for some of my disappointment with good facilities.
Food for vegetarians will be very expensive because you pay the same price and get much lesser variety. A lunch buffet costed 460 with taxes. Complementary breakfast was good. Staff in restaurant were good but some junior ones needed grooming. A curt NO TOAST was the reply I got when asked for toasting bread. However a senior person obliged happily.
Over all, I would say this is a good place to stay if you are just looking for a good place to stay because then beach would come as bonus. But if you want to go there for beach I am sure there are much better choices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful 25 room property with sea and back water access with all modern facilities to suite all travelers taste and much more................ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Priceline so you can book your Blue Waters Cherai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Cherai Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Blue Waters Cherai Cherai Beach, Kerala