“Ideal location for a romantic beach holiday ”

Club Mahindra Cherai Beach
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Cherai Beach
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Club Mahindra Cherai Resort from 14th April to 19th April. Location of the resort is fantastic with Sea on one side and backwater on the other. While the resort staff were keen to accommodate our requests, the quality of service is not in the same league as Club Mahindra Coorg (& other 5 star resorts). Though Food (a la carte and buffet both) was not an issue taste and variety wise, it is exuberantly costly. With no kitchenette in most of the rooms, you are forced to pay through your nose:-(

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
ClubMahindra, OBM - Project Manager at Club Mahindra Cherai Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Hi,

Having read your review, as an organization, we strive hard to ensure a great experience to all our members and realize have fallen short of the same on this occasion. Please be assured that all the points that you have brought to our notice are being addressed on priority. We also request you to provide any further information or feedback that you might have on our Facebook page at the “Listening Post” tab. Additionally, we also look forward to welcoming you at our other resorts and eager to create a positive experience for you.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Was there briefly, three nights with my mom.
Anthony, greeted us at the door when our car pooled into the reception area, the sweetest of the smiles received the two guests with a warmth that I had never felt before. Kailesh was already out with his papers for me to sign in as a guest, after he had gotten a phone call from Dad, walked us to the room we stayed, so amazingly clean. After unloading the bags I dashed to the desk to ask for what I can do during my stay in Cherai. I was asked to just wait in the lobby to be assisted by an activity manager named Kiran Prasad. Kiran had already printed out the list of tours I can take around the town and the pricing for each itemized and mentioned that I can call him any time to let him know what I would like to do. Kiran was so pleasant to make conversation with, which I found very unique. Learnt that he loves sporting outdoors as much as I do. Was a bit hesitant to run by myself in a new place early morning, so asked if there will be a remote possibility that I can get a company for a run on the beach at 6 AM. At the strike of 6 AM, I see Kiran in his warmups to give me company on the sands right outside the resort, both mornings. The resort staffs were so friendly and were so helpful in brining me what I needed, including a tube of paste to how to operate the remote for the TV. The cleaning girls in the morning waving to me, as if they had seen me so many times, all made this place so special for me. The day trips from Cherai were so picturesque all still lingering my heart. Everything was too perfect, as someone that travels a lot, this felt so not true to feel 100% satisfied with my stay. I was humbled by Kiran Prasad to accommodate my activity. The day to leave, said good by to the staffs, Sibi, Kailesh, Anthony and to my running companion Kiran. When the car pooled out of this resort, I was all in tears. An emotion I never left with before, all the beautiful services I received from the welcome to the good bye, just flawless, hope to visit you guys again.

Room Tip: Get the Cottage near the back waters, it is divine!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Karpagam A
ClubMahindra, OBM - Project Manager at Club Mahindra Cherai Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hi,

Absolutely wonderful to have read your review and thanks so much for writing in! We are glad to have received your detailed feedback regarding your stay at our resort as it helps us improve our services further and additionally, provides insights as to what our members really like. Our resort staff will be absolutely thrilled to know that you not only enjoyed the overall stay but also the hospitality our resort offered. We’ll certainly pass along your compliments to our staff. Please continue to provide us feedback regarding your visits to our resorts as it enables us to serve our members better. Thanks once again and looking forward to welcoming you at our other resorts soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

An exotic place and one cant complain if its for relaxing. Beautiful place with water covering almost all sides and ofcourse excellent hospitality from the staff like Kiran who is incharge of & takes care of all the activities for you and your little ones. The pool attendant, is also simply superb, takes a personal interest in helping you. The restaurant team was also wonderful and very helpful. The chefs at counter would also come out and talk to the guests which gives a personalized touch to the service.The rooms were also excellent, loved the sit-out space.
However, I strongly recommend that they should have a bar OR atleast appoint somebody who could fetch your bar requirements from around quickly. I was disappointed with this as I had to wait quite long for a few beers, I mean the follow-up from the front desk was not good enough in this matter, otherwise they were also good.
All in all a good experience and a nice stay.

Room Tip: Carry your own booze as they dont have a bar.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
ClubMahindra, OBM - Project Manager at Club Mahindra Cherai Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Hi Deepak,

We are really glad to have received your feedback and wonderful to know you enjoyed your vacation. We work hard to ensure that your holiday experience is truly memorable. Our resort staff will be absolutely thrilled to know that you not only enjoyed your stay, but also the hospitality our resort offered. Additionally, our resort staff will be delighted to receive your compliments. Thank you once again and please continue to provide us your feedback as it helps us serve our members better. In case you wish to provide us with any further feedback, please visit our Facebook page and click on the “Listening Post” tab.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Club Mahindra property at Cherai is a nice place to unwind. It is very serene in its location and provides the right choices when you are going along with the family. Some good choices to keep you busy and active throughout your stay. I would want to specifically take the name of Grishin who was a wonderful help at the restaurant and Madhavan - who takes care of the swimming recreation. Arun at the sales department also deserves to be thanked. All of them were amazing on their service levels. So, if you want to unwind , dont miss to consider this as an option

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hi,

We are really glad to have received your feedback and wonderful to know you enjoyed your vacation. We work hard to ensure that your holiday experience is truly memorable. Our resort staff will be absolutely thrilled to know that you not only enjoyed your stay, but also the activities at our resort. Additionally, our resort and sales team will be delighted to receive your compliments. Thank you once again and please continue to provide us your feedback as it helps us serve our members better.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Great place to get away from the city and unwind.
The sunset over the beach was a glorious sight,the backwaters calming and the resort quite tranquil.
The food could definitely be better.
The staff were warm.
Overall a pleasant stay

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
ClubMahindra, OBM - Project Manager at Club Mahindra Cherai Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and we are absolutely delighted to know that you vacationed at the Club Mahindra Cherai resort. Our staff at the resort will be thrilled to know that you not only enjoyed the amenities, but also the hospitality our resort offered. Additionally, our resort staff will be extremely delighted to receive your compliments and we'll certainly pass it along to them. Please be assured that all the points that you have brought to our notice are being addressed on priority. Thank you once again and please continue to provide us your feedback as it helps us serve our members better and ensure a wonderful Club Mahindra experience.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The back waters, nice and clean sea away from city limits are the plus points for the cherai beach.Good ambience and dedicated staff.Nice place to stay for three days.I stayed from 19 Apr 14 to 22 Apr 14 and stay was comfortable.

Room Tip: Backwater view room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank col_asokan
ClubMahindra, OBM - Project Manager at Club Mahindra Cherai Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hi,

Thank you for your review and we are absolutely delighted to know that you vacationed at the Club Mahindra Cherai resort. Our staff at the resort will be thrilled to know that you not only enjoyed your stay, but also the hospitality our resort offered. Additionally, our resort staff will be extremely delighted to receive your compliments and we'll certainly pass it along to them. Thank you once again and please continue to provide us your feedback as it helps us serve our members better and ensure a wonderful Club Mahindra experience.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Cherai doesn't offer much to do - the beach is very ordinary and there is nothing much to write about the views of the back waters too. It is a clean, quiet place - good for a quick getaway from Kochi, provided you want to do just nothing on your holiday.
The resort was good to lounge around for a couple of days between Kochi and Kottayam, where we had been to meet up with old friends. It is picturesque & cozy as it tries to miniaturize the back waters - lagoon, fishing nets, etc within the property too.
Our room at the resort, overlooked the backwaters and one enjoyed the view from the balcony / sit out. The room was comfortable and extremely clean but we missed a kitchenette. The food & service was good all through the 2 days we stayed at the resort.
Overall, It is much like any other Club Mahindra Resort property - good but not great.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
ClubMahindra, OBM - Project Manager at Club Mahindra Cherai Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for your feedback and we are absolutely delighted to know that you vacationed at the Club Mahindra Cherai resort. Our staff at the resort will be thrilled to know that you not only enjoyed the overall experience but also the hospitality our resort offered. Additionally, our resort staff will be extremely delighted to receive your compliments and we'll certainly pass it along to them. Please be assured that all the points that you have brought to our notice are being addressed on priority. Thank you once again and please continue to provide us your feedback as it helps us serve our members better and ensure a wonderful Club Mahindra experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cherai Beach
Sea Lagoon Health Resort
#4 of 8 in Cherai Beach
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#7 of 214 in Kochi (Cochin)
PJ Princess Regency
PJ Princess Regency
#1 of 10 in Vypin Island

Been to Club Mahindra Cherai Beach? Share your experiences!