“Delicious, worth going to”
Review of The Smokin' Bull

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Smokin' Bull
Ranked #8 of 21 Restaurants in Alexandria
Reviewed 25 June 2018

This restaurant is getting to be quite a hit. I have been here now quite a few times as a couple and in a group and I have tried some different dishes. The best for me is the BBQ Beef Rib platter. There is always too much food and I go home with a take out box and its enough for my lunch the next day. The platter comes with 1 huge rib and a choice of a potato and 2 side dishes. The selection of potato and sides is numerous to choose from. They have sandwiches, pizzas, sausage, chicken and beef dishes. They just came out with a steak dish. All dishes are smoked so the flavor is absolutely delicious. I find the prices are actually reasonable for the amount of food you get. The atmosphere is really quaint. They have 3 large TV's on the walls if you want to catch a game. Service is especially good with very friendly and attentive waitresses. This is definitely our go to restaurant...never had a bad experience yet.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

This is a welcome addition to the culinary delights of Alexandria. The welcome and service is exemplary. The food is well cooked and presented and of large portion. A decent variety of beers on offer as well. Prices may be slightly high for a small town but you definitely get value for money. A fairly new venture, but hopefully will still be there on our next visit.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

I was surprised to learn this place was not listed on Trip Advisor, as it has been open since December 2017. This was our first visit and we were truly expecting pulled pork or ribs. However, as the name suggests it is a BBQ beef restaurant exclusively. The place is wheelchair accessible, comfortable and well lit. The theme is farm style western, with TV, music and mood lighting. We were greeted promptly and sat down. We ordered draught beer (there is a small selection, but it's all very good craft beer) and then ordered our meals. My wife had a smoked meat on rye, which was piled high with meat, and a healthy pile of sliced pickles on the side. She skipped the fries and slaw that came with the meal and it was plenty enough to satisfy her craving. I had the Smoked Burger. It too was tasty and filling all by itself. Prices are very reasonable.