“Very nice B&B”

The Chalet Guesthouse and Studio
Ranked #1 of 1 Medlow Bath B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed here for one night only and we'd definitely choose that place again! It's a very cute and lovely B&B in the middle of the Blue Mountains. The owners are very nice, the breakfast great, the rooms adorable. In addition, the village is very cute and not that touristic and crowded. It's a very great place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
TheChaletGuesthouse, Owner at The Chalet Guesthouse and Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Hello. Thank you for taking your time to write a review and for such an excellent one at that. I am always so relieved to know guests enjoyed their stay. After 3 years I still feel as though every guest is my first and I want to make sure you feel welcome and comfortable. I am very thankful for your comments and hope we get to look after you again some time. Regards. David.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed at the Chalet for one night but wished it could have been more. Loved the beautiful house, the fabulous art, the cosy log fire, the comfy bed and the warm welcome from David and David. Medlow Bath is a quiet, peaceful haven amid the crowded, noisy, nearby tourist destinations.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johnnyblueb
TheChaletGuesthouse, Owner at The Chalet Guesthouse and Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Hi. Thank you for both taking the time to post a review and also for making it such a great one. As you discovered, our focus in on being a quiet, relaxing retreat with lots of art. The surrounding beauty of the Blue Mountains helps us out of course. It was a pleasure meeting you both and we hope to get the opportunity again. Regards, David Scotman.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

This is the third year that five couples have stayed at this lovely old guesthouse. It is the most wonderful place for our yearly reunion. It is quiet and peaceful yet handy to everything. The house has so much space to chat or read quietly.
David & David are great hosts and not intrusive, so it always feels like our place when we are there. The accommodation is excellent and the lounge/ dining area is truly beautiful.
We are booked in again for next year.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
TheChaletGuesthouse, Owner at The Chalet Guesthouse and Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Hello. What a lovely surprise to log in and see such an excellent review from you. I appreciate you taking the time to do this for us and I am humbled by your comments. I must say you are a very easy group to look after as you are all so relaxed when you are here. In some ways I am probably more relaxed as I know you and your group more now and feel assured that if something was amiss with a room it would be simply brought to my attention for fixing. I always encourage this, but do not always know if a first-time guest feels comfortable enough to approach me - I always hope they do as I want to do what I can, and feedback is essential so I know what makes the guests happy. Thank you again. I think I am blushing! Regards. David.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Charming BnB located between Katoomba and Blackheath. The room and bathroom were both comfortable and nostalgically decorated. No TV in any of the bedrooms though. The BnB also doubles as a gallery for ceramics, artwork and sculptures. Hosts David & David were friendly and welcoming as well as knowledgable about the local art scene. A delightful stay and good value for the mountains area.

• Stayed: April 2013
TheChaletGuesthouse, Owner at The Chalet Guesthouse and Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Thank you for your high rating of The Chalet. I am very happy to know you enjoyed your stay and the beautiful Blue Mountains National Park. I always enjoy seeing guests take time to view the collection we have built up over the years and feel comfortable relaxing in the house. We have considered adding a TV to the rooms (there is one in the lounge room and one in the family room for the children) but we have some reservations about noise, as we have many repeat customers who enjoy the quietness in the evenings. It is on the list of possible enhancements and your feedback is appreciated to help me understand the needs of our guests. Regards. David.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Walking through the house and into our room, I said to my partner, "This is exactly what I was looking for." It's a beautiful, comfortable house and is chockfull of art (not stuffy, but interesting). We ended up spending several hours reading and working on a jigsaw puzzle in the lounge / dining room with the fireplace. Our hosts were friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
TheChaletGuesthouse, Owner at The Chalet Guesthouse and Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear Derrick. Thank you for such lovely comments about The Chalet. It is always a pleasure knowing guests have enjoyed looking at our art collection and I find it rewarding to know guests feel at home here, spending some time relaxing in the public areas. Regards. David.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

The Highest Regards to David, for our wonderful one night stay at The Chalet Guest House and Studio, full of old world charm, you could feel the history, the room was comfortable, functional and the ensuite bathroom was to die for, and what a magnificent dining room, breakfast really enjoyable, absolutely no pressure, we had the whole place to ourselves. This truly was a fantastic birthday present for me We are going to make the effort to have a break away and stay here again. You get an A plus from us and highly recommended as well.

Room Tip: All the rooms are of excellent quality, I could not choose, we had # 3, but all the others are super...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John V
TheChaletGuesthouse, Owner at The Chalet Guesthouse and Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Hi John.
Certainly glad to know you had a great stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of The Chalet. It was a pleasure to look after you and I hope we get the chance to be of service again some time.
Regards
David

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Beautiful location, kind, helpful hosts and a truly inspiring art collection. I feel lucky that I was able to spend some time at the Chalet. The historic house is full of lovely period features, whilst being comfortable and functional. It is obvious that a lot of care and thought goes in to the cleaning and presentation of the rooms, whilst not slipping in to the uninviting, impersonal realm of many accommodation providers. There's always classical music playing in the house, which adds to the charm and general historical feel of the place. One of the things I enjoyed the most was the perfect quiet that settles over everything at night. Plus, if you manage an early wake up, there's beautiful bush to walk through right down the road.
Oh, and the large sculptures in the garden by Michael Garth are a must see!

The Chalet is one of my favorite escapes and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank missmarykatherine

Dear Mary.
It is great to know you enjoy your visits to The Chalet and our wonderful Blue Mountains. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review as it is important in helping us to understand what our customers are looking for when staying at The Chalet.
Kind regards

#6 of 15 in Katoomba
Secrets Hideaway
Secrets Hideaway
#1 of 7 in Blackheath

Been to The Chalet Guesthouse and Studio? Share your experiences!