“Mixed review... but the food was divine!”
Review of Jerez

Jerez
Ranked #176 of 289 Restaurants in Ronda
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Well, I took a lot of points off this restaurant because, even though they were not especially busy, the waiters completely ignored us (and most of the other diners) for at least 30 minutes (didn't even offer us a drink!). They were the sort of waiters who have a PhD in not letting you catch their eye! In the end I had to march over to them and demand that they attend to our table..... NOW!
After that tho, they completely changed their tune, and all went very smoothly.
We had nice wine, and very good food. We both ordered the Wild Boar in Filo Pastry and it was absolutely divine - cooked rare to perfection and delicious. It's worth going to this restaurant just for this dish.

2  Thank Kate O

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Had lunch in the outside part with the beautiful little fountain.
Quiet, calm and good service of the most professional type.
We ordered just four tapas. Tomatoes in oil and garlic, pate with goat's cheese, green baked peppers and the baby broad beans with chopped ham. Each one was individually delicious.
It was a most relaxing and enjoyable interlude.
A glass of the house rose wine was also excellent.
Not the place for eat on the run.
Not the place for a cheap snack.
To be savoured and made an important part of the day.

1  Thank Lipowa
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I went in one night asking if it was ok to just have a dessert. The staff was extremely friendly and the dessert was fantastic. Flambed pineapple on a skewer with tangerine ice cream topped off with liquid hard chocolate. It tasted so good I decided to go back for a full dinner the next evening. The waiter from before was not there but the other staff was also very friendly. Unfortunately the starter and main course were not as good as the pineapple dessert. I had king prawns with a red pepper sauce as starter. I didn't like this so much and considering the high price it was a let down. The main dish of Iberian pork was ok, certainly not bad but not special either. Luckily there was the pineapple dessert to save the day, although this time I only got 1 skewer of pineapple instead of 2, but it still tasted just as great as before. I also ordered a Cointreau with it and the generous serving took me a while. All in all an enjoyable place to eat and don't miss the chance to try out the pineapple dessert!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We ate lunch here during the week. It was quiet and comfortable. We had a very nice waiter. There were two serrano hams waiting to be sliced and the tortilla espanola was fresh and tasty. We also ordered the pimientos fritos (fried green chile peppers, but they are not spicy) and a beautiful salad.

The restaurant is located directly across from the bull ring, so the decor is torero related - interesting and pretty. We enjoyed our lunch and would return. We did not think it too pricey.

1  Thank habaneros
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We ended up there for dinner accidentally, the local pharmacist recommended it to me but i think he was right, it is an OK restaurant.

It is an old style, traditional restaurant however i liked this athmosphere, it made the place authentic. There were mostly local, elderly people which gave us more confidence to have dinner here.

As starter we ordered local ham and cheese plate. It was really good. I could not yet get there to really start loving the spanish quisine (i think the other Mediterranien ones are much better - sorry for this! Only personal opinion.) but this plate was really nice. The ham was very good, the cheese was really outstanding especially together with the quice jam.

For the main course we ordered several things, salmon, seabass, pizza for the kids and oxtail as speciality of the house (obviously as the place is next to the bull fight arena). All of them was good, not fantastic but good. Regarding the oxtail, yeah, it is not a light one but worth trying once, it tasted good. It probably won't be your favourite dish but interesting experience.

The wines were good too.

Desserts. Well, they were really good, seriously. Try the almond cake, that is amazing. The creme brulee (where the creme is ice cream) and the chocolate cake is very good too.

So, overall, nice place, very friendly and helpful waiter and good food (still not reaching my expectations though) but it deserves a mark of 4.

1  Thank Lorand H