“Great food with a view” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Duquesa de Parcent

Duquesa de Parcent
Ranked #158 of 265 Restaurants in Ronda
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great food with a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

This place made my dream of how I wanted to enjoy Ronda come true. The food was magnificent, sangria good, and the view to die for. I highly suggest eating here.

• Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful views, food other than tapas available.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We sat on the balcony in the shade on a very hot evening. It was a fabulous view with a gorgeous breeze. The service was good. We tried the fish soup, gazpaco and I had the fresh asparagus with salmon and au gratin. Not Spanish but very nice. We shared seafood paella for 3 which was a generous serving but not overly tasty. Can't beat the view. More expensive than many other restaurants in Ronda. £150 for 4 adults with wine.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Madrid, Spain
“This is not Spanish food!! this is hardly food at all”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I am Spanish, this is the first Tripadvisor critic I write in English, because I am quite concerned that foreign people who are nice enough to came and visit our beautiful country may believe this restaurant serves "tapas" or anything similar to Spanish food. Both the food and the service my boyfriend and I received in this place was worse than awful. We were stupid and naive to be attracted to this place due to the beautiful views ( you can see them anyway from any other point in Ronda.) We asked for two beers and two "tapas" which is what in Spain we use to eat when we are not hungry enough to eat a full course meal. We were served two identical dishes composed by: one deep fried frozen onion ring; two frozen shrimps of the lowest quality (called langostinos) mutually giving head to the other, a slice of tomato, a spoonful of penible potato salad which was probably made a week before, a slice of sandwich ham and a slice of the worst chorizo they could find. What-a-shame. In regards to the service: we asked to seat in a particular table which was empty. They told us we could not, because that space of the terrace was closed. Five minutes later, other client walked in and was sitted there, even there were other tables left in our terrace. We complained to the waitress for the food and service they were giving to tourists like us, and instead of apologising, she was proud and cheap. One of the worst experiences of my life. Finally, I have read two "excellent" critics of this place made by users with only one opinion on Tripadvisor... mmmm

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Sabinete
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Great views, good waiters, good food (mostly)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Outside the views are great, in July people were outside so although it is nice inside it was a bit empty (in the winter it probably fills up). We found the service to be very good and the place was busy! The wines good and not too expensive for a restaurant like this.
Food was good, asparagus starter v good, gazpacho good, beans and ham starter nice but not amazing. Caramelised lamb v good indeed, steak good, rabbit was wild (I found a shot) and probably an older one, but ok. We hd a couple of bottles of wine plus a couple of extra glasses, 2 x cognac and it was about 190 euros.
We enjoyed it.
Take a jacket if windy as it can be a little cool late evening! The restaurant can proved blankets it you don't have a jacket.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Amsterdam
“An absolute no-go”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We went to this restaurant for a lunch after a nice walk of 2,5 hours. We were looking for a restaurant with a nice view. Furthermore we did not have any specific demands because we were hungry. Therefore this restaurant was OK by us.
Then the misery started: first of all the touching waiter unasked supplied us with the most dry and tasteless piece of bread I've ever tasted. 3 out of the 4 of us ordered a menu and 1 of us just the rabo de torro. A few seconds after we ordered the starter arrived at our table. The pasta ensalada which I ordered was a disgrace for all pasta ensaladas in the world. Half the plate was filled with just pasta mixed with pieces of ham. Next to this the cook placed a giant clot of cocktail sauce and a piece of tomato with a little tuna on it. My friends ordered pieces of bread starter. We don't know if this is a local dish and if this is supposed to taste this way, but after 3 bites they were done with it. During the time we ate our starter, the main course of our 4th friend was brought. The taste of the rabo de torro was okay, but the side dishes were awful. Directly after our starter was put off (while our 4th friend was still eating her main course) we received our main course. Me and my friend ordered the most tasteless spaghetti in the world. Another of us received the pollo with the same awful side dishes as served with the rabo de torro. The pollo was okay as well as the sauce which was clearly not self made.
After this deception we had no expectations what so ever for the dessert. I ordered the water melon, and so I received two pieces of water melon. This must have been the most pathetic water melon dessert I have ever had. My two other friends ordered something that was supposed to taste like crème brûlée. After we had 3 bites we all finished our house wine, which took is name because it tasted like the rest of the food from the house, we asked for la cuenta. Total of the bill was way too high and also included 4 times bread while only two of us tried to eat the pieces of carton which supposed to be bread. After we brought this to the attention of the waiter he immediately removed 2 bread from the bill with the words: "oh yes, you had two pieces". After this we paid and he leaved immediately without saying anything.
Conclusion: By far the worst restaurant we have eaten in this region: expensive, amateurish service and distasteful food.

• 1 of 5 bubbles