“A quite good lunch but with a fantastic view”
Review of Duquesa de Parcent

Duquesa de Parcent
Ranked #196 of 297 Restaurants in Ronda
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Its the view you come here for, to have a leisurely lunch on the terraces hanging out over the gorge below the bridge. The food is perfectly fine, but portions are very large for UK tummies, and very rich. Not fine dining, and "garnish" means side-by-side heaps of brown food, but who cares when you can spend a couple of hours just being amazed. We'll go back for sure, but we noticed there were pizzas and tapas at other tables so we will ask for other menus next time

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This place made my dream of how I wanted to enjoy Ronda come true. The food was magnificent, sangria good, and the view to die for. I highly suggest eating here.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We sat on the balcony in the shade on a very hot evening. It was a fabulous view with a gorgeous breeze. The service was good. We tried the fish soup, gazpaco and I had the fresh asparagus with salmon and au gratin. Not Spanish but very nice. We shared seafood paella for 3 which was a generous serving but not overly tasty. Can't beat the view. More expensive than many other restaurants in Ronda. £150 for 4 adults with wine.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I am Spanish, this is the first Tripadvisor critic I write in English, because I am quite concerned that foreign people who are nice enough to came and visit our beautiful country may believe this restaurant serves "tapas" or anything similar to Spanish food. Both the food and the service my boyfriend and I received in this place was worse than awful. We were stupid and naive to be attracted to this place due to the beautiful views ( you can see them anyway from any other point in Ronda.) We asked for two beers and two "tapas" which is what in Spain we use to eat when we are not hungry enough to eat a full course meal. We were served two identical dishes composed by: one deep fried frozen onion ring; two frozen shrimps of the lowest quality (called langostinos) mutually giving head to the other, a slice of tomato, a spoonful of penible potato salad which was probably made a week before, a slice of sandwich ham and a slice of the worst chorizo they could find. What-a-shame. In regards to the service: we asked to seat in a particular table which was empty. They told us we could not, because that space of the terrace was closed. Five minutes later, other client walked in and was sitted there, even there were other tables left in our terrace. We complained to the waitress for the food and service they were giving to tourists like us, and instead of apologising, she was proud and cheap. One of the worst experiences of my life. Finally, I have read two "excellent" critics of this place made by users with only one opinion on Tripadvisor... mmmm

2  Thank Sabinete
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Outside the views are great, in July people were outside so although it is nice inside it was a bit empty (in the winter it probably fills up). We found the service to be very good and the place was busy! The wines good and not too expensive for a restaurant like this.
Food was good, asparagus starter v good, gazpacho good, beans and ham starter nice but not amazing. Caramelised lamb v good indeed, steak good, rabbit was wild (I found a shot) and probably an older one, but ok. We hd a couple of bottles of wine plus a couple of extra glasses, 2 x cognac and it was about 190 euros.
We enjoyed it.
Take a jacket if windy as it can be a little cool late evening! The restaurant can proved blankets it you don't have a jacket.