“No frills but well worth a visit.”

Bodega Bar Restaurante San Francisco
Ranked #20 of 285 Restaurants in Ronda
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2014

On a friend's recommendation we tried an early supper on the square which was bathed in evening sunshine. The lively clientele seemed to be made up of locals and visitors like ourselves. Three of us shared grilled peppers and fried calamari and added our own choices of tapas. All excellent quality and served without delay. Add drinks, a bottle of house wine and a coffee for less than €40 total. Good fun, good food, good value.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stopped at Bodega San Francisco based on a recommendation from the staff at our hotel. I love pork, so we got a recommendation of two grilled pork dishes. One was referred to as "Pluma" and the other started with and 'M' but I can't recall the name. Both were outstandingly tender, juicy and flavorful. Honestly some of the best restaurant grilled pork that I have ever had anywhere. They were servied with a wonderful spicy (but not hot) sauce and fries. The meal was reasonably priced. The service was good and the tables outside provided for a nice atmosphere on a nice day. I'm grateful for the recommendation we received and would in turn highly recommend the restaurant and especially the grilled pork.

1  Thank futurevacationer
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Four of us agreed that we had the best experience on our trip to Spain at this restaurant. The meals and tapas, service and price were so much better there than the 5 previous restaurants we experienced. The patrons were all locals. We ordered 4 different tapas that were very good. We also ordered the spaghetti with meat sauce that was surprisingly good. No restaurant could beat the price!

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We went here as our hotel recommended it for both tapas & dinner. It is a typical tapas bar and many locals were there having a drink. There's a restaurant upstairs and tables to sit at under umbrellas in the adjacent square which is lovely to relax in. We wanted somewhere to sit, preferably outside, and have a drink with some tapas. Apparently hot tapas weren't available until 7pm so we order some jamon, salmon rolls & avocado pears. It was awful. The beer was ok, my sangria came in a bottle (not house made) which was a let down. The salmon roll was ok but quite strong and fishy (I normally love smoked salmon). The avocado pears were avocado halves filled with browning mashed avocado and chopped seafood stick with a prawn on top (poop chute still in) and a squirt of cocktail sauce, inedible. The jamon was very piggy and cut thicker than usual with the strong piggy taste lingering quite unpleasantly. I love jamon so this was a huge disappointment, worst jamon I've had in Spain ( and it's my 4th trip to Spain). I've had tapas in many places in Spain and this was just awful. Don't come here if you want tasty fresh tapas or authentic sangria. Service was good and it was lovely sitting in the square. And it was quite cheap, 1-1.5 euro per tapas or 8euro for the inedible jamon. Disappointing and an experience I'd rather forget.

6  Thank GypsyLovesTravel
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Nice lively location, with some outside tables in an open square / play area (not a 'roundabout' as I read in a review earlier). We sat inside, which was buzzy and full of local families. Portions were huge, so take care with the raciones! We ordered a mix of dishes and all were fresh and tasty. Service was friendly and helpful though clearly stretched on a busy night.

Definitely recommend a visit.