Parador de Ronda
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel San Cayetano(Ronda)(Great Value!)
US$52
Hotel Maestranza(Ronda)(Great Value!)
US$111
  • Restaurant
Hotel El Horcajo(Ronda)(Great Value!)
US$106
  • Pool
US$120
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Molino del Arco(Ronda)(Great Value!)
US$256
  • Pool
Polo Hotel(Ronda)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$88
Hotel San Francisco - Ronda(Ronda)(Great Value!)
US$57
Hotel Sierra Hidalga(Ronda)(Great Value!)
US$80
Travelocity
Hotel Andalucia(Ronda)(Great Value!)
US$49
Travelocity
2,067 results
All reviewsduplex roomthe cliffunderground parkingfabulous locationpuente nuevohalf boardold townamazing viewsgreat roombull ringrooms are largeacross the bridgelarge terraceeuros per nightbuffet breakfastsurrounding countrysidefamous bridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2009

Stayed for 2 nights in one of the executive rooms overlooking the bridge.
The hotel is well appointed but it was the rooms location & view that won it for us!
Car parking available in the hotel underground car park- €20 per night but free if you register as 'amigo di Paradore' -loyalty scheme.

As with most Paradores, an old building but a shame that it has been given such a modern look.

The restaurant we found a little disapointing in its location & presentation downstairs. We avoided this for dinner, normally always a focal point of our Paradore visits but the sole reason for this was the lack of appeal from first impressions.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank fordwater
Reviewed 16 March 2009

We stayed for only one night in the superior room on the top floor. The view was just fantastic, the room was huge and very clean. The bathroom above average and with good water pressure and very clean as well. A cool thing was the price, if you book online there is a discount up to the age of 35 which lead to a superb price-value.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank yves.werder
Reviewed 28 February 2009

Having some AMigos points and having to be in Ronda, it made sense to stay overnight at the Parador. When you register with PARADOR people or make an online reservation you can get an AMIGOS card which is a rather useful bonus because it means Free Parking as well as one or two other benefits. Of course in Ronda, it was nice to be able to park in the Parador basement for free and leave the car until departure.
Generally I find Paradors to be clean and comfortable. Some are in luxurious old buildings and others like the one in Ronda are in a special location yet have been built in recent years. I think the Ronda Parador was built within the past 20 years.
The reception desk was a bit unfriendly (a man) but the room allocated was fine. Room 224 overlooking the square at the entrance and the 'new' bridge. It also had a small terrace which would be marvellous for breakfast in warmer times as the sun rises in front.
One of the reasons for being in Ronda was to eat at TRAGABUCHES as we have long wanted to see if it really is a One Star Michelin. I checked at the restaurant door earlier in the evening and it had a small notice saying CERRADO on Mondays. This was Tuesday so I thought it should be fine to return a little later around 7pm to ensure a table. Still no sign of anybody. I then tried to phone them. I suppose at that point I could have asked the Parador people to find out but was out of the hotel having a glass of fino and a small tapas in La Venecia. Anyway returning around 9pm the door was still shut so following morning I asked at the tourism office opposite. " Oh they had to finish some painting so decided not to open."
The dining room in the Parador is downstairs and has a very nice trompe d'oeil on one wall. I never expect too much when dining at Paradors and this was not to be an exception. One 'find' was to have a local red wine APasos. Very smooth and tasty indeed. Food was adequate.
The hotel room was very nice and had a wooden floor and good sized bathroom with two basins. It was on the 3rd floor and as I said before has a small terrace overlooking the famous bridge so I suppose you are far enough away from any traffic nuisance, if indeed you could hear it through the double glazing. Of course on the 'front' side of the hotel, you miss the view to the west which can be stunning, however the morning sun made up for it.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2009

This is a modern parador right in the heart of Ronda with unparalleld access to the views you come to Ronda to enjoy. Parador staff are a bit stiff. The rooms are clean and modern with more than ample space and many have views over the ravine. The breakfast room offers a very generous array of foods, including regional specialties. All there is to see and do in Ronda is within walking distance and the hotel has a convenient (and pricey) parking garage. You have no choice given the absence of parking choices, so bite the bullet and park the car to get out and really enjoy the streets and views of this charming town.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2009

I don't know how or why I got this offer - but for some reason there was a half price offer on this Parador that beat all the offers on the official website for whatever combinations they offered.

I only paid 150 euros for 2 nights so I was more than happy to upgrade to a superior room for 24 euros a night, (it was no different to our original garden room apart from the little thing of the most gorgeous view in the world), and I didn't take long to get over the extra 20 euros a night they charge for parking in their garage, hey it was still only 240 euros for the most gorgeous view in the world! No breakfast included but they had a kettle and a mini bar so we were able to have coffee and juice before facing the world.

To be honest, there were quite a few things wrong with the room, shabby duvets, antique and very poor lighting, rusted radiators etc etc, but quite frankly we didn't care as it was still comfortable and we still had the most gorgeous view in the world from our balcony. (just let me know if you tire of that.) sometimes, a designer duvet cover just doesn't seem to matter that much.

I did get covered with midgy or mossy bites though. I presume that can only have come from the room because of their rather personal location on my person so perhaps you should think about prevention before you settle down for the night - and if you do get bitten, you can console yourself by rubbing in your anticeptic cream as you sit on the balcony infront of the most gorgeous view in the world.

Ronda is just wonderful. We were so glad we weren't there when there were hoards of tourists dismounting from their coaches and it is certainly worth a couple of nights stay. Lots of nice restaurants and tapas bars. One restaurant just opposite the Parador, called Granada did a great 3 course lunch for 9.50 euros and the owner and his son was so lovely that we were determined to return the next day. However, the sun came out that day so we sat in a sunny square instead, ( til a wind came and blew my hubby's wine glass clean off the table! A sign of the tornado on the way!) The best tapas bar we went to was called La Venencia and was on Calle Pedro opposite the bull ring.

The best unusal tourist attraction we did was the Casa Bosco which has a lovely garden and great views - better than the one with the municipal museum really which was a tad dull.

I am giving the Parador 5* despite some of the bedrooms failings because I know that when we look back on our short trip to Ronda we will do so from a 5* perspective because so much of the Parador and town were so very lovely.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple