“pretty good :)”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Spanish, Grill
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2013

i had an avocado salad that was delicious, plenty on the plate and they made it look really good too. i'll certainly go back here.

There are newer reviews for Restaurante Abrasador la Carreta

Reviewed 6 January 2013

We ate at this restaurant as part of an accommodation package with the hostal. It was extremely good - and great value for money. The 15 Euro meal of the day option offered traditional dishes and included suckling pig which was delicious. The mixed paella was equally good. Would definitely recommend you try this restaurant if you're in Ronda.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

It was early for dinner, late for lunch, but we were tired and hungry. As it turned out we and one other group were the only ones in the restaurant. The decor, atmosphere, and food were wonderful. My adult kids had the chicken paella and I had the mix seafood plate. The food was absolutely tasty! And if that doesn't sound right for you, the menu offers a variety of options for just about any desire.

When we were ready to go back out in the cold, we tried to pay with my credit card but the waiter said the card machine wouldn't connect to the service. After several tries we paid in cash. When we got back to the states, I was reviewing my card statement and saw that we had been charged for the meal. It was 44 euros so I was quite concerned and disappointed. We had had such a wonderful experience and then for this to happen, it was spoiling everything.

I emailed the restaurant and explained what had happen in detail, including the date, time, where we sat, what was on the TV behind us and the food we had ordered. I expected the usual excuse that they had no proof that we had paid in cash, etc. However, to my delight, Marcos said he had checked the receipts for that day and checked with his bank and realized a mistake had been made. Within a couple of days I had a credit for the full amount on my card and a sincere apology from Marcos.

To find a restaurant in a foreign land with great food is one thing; but to find honest, hardworking people who have integrity is something very special. If you go to Ronda, be sure to stop by the Restaurante la Carreta for a great experience and tell them Mark says hello.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

Excellent food and drink in a warm and inviting setting overseen by a gracious proprietor... if this is what you seek, then this is the place. Unlike some other locations where the establishments are a little too eager to pull you inside, we found Marcos to be a polite and attentive host who warmly welcomed us after we chose Restaurante la Carreta. Several simple appetizers accompanied our beverages -- and they offered a Ribero del Duero as the house "vino tinto" this day... what a nice choice. With a varied menu, the food that came next was as good as any restaurant fare one can find at a comparable price. Excellent value and service in an attractive setting, this is a place to visit.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

This little Restaurant is tucked up a side street in Ronda - we were there mid November and was looking for somewhere good for lunch. We were not disappointed at all, with a lovely set menu of the day. I was quite daring with Rice and Seafood Soup but it wad delicious followed by Pork which melted in the mouth, then a Lemon mouse which was to die for. If we are fortunate to go back to Ronda, we will certainly make sure we visit this Restaurant again, with the friendly staff and excellent service.