“OMG! Shower Heaven”

Ranked #25 of 40 Hotels in Ronda
Naples, Florida
“OMG! Shower Heaven”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I parked my car in the La Merced underground garage and set out to find a hotel. And the Hotel Royal was right across the street. Their website said 30 euros for a single, so I decided to check it out. The young man at the desk was very pleasant. He had lived and worked in Las Vegas and his English is good. It turns out that the hotel has a special discount rate with the garage. It's ten euros for 24 hours rather than 15. My twin bedded room is nice. There is also a desk, chair, luggage rack, closet and wall mounted TV. But, the BEST part is the shower. Fully adjustable shower head mounted on the height adjustable vertical bar that I've mentioned in a few other reviews. Plenty of hot water and good pressure. I just stood there, and stood there, and stood there. My bed was comfortable, I slept well, and wasn't bothered by any abnormal street noise. It appears to be close to all the points of interest, as mentioned in other reviews. The wifi is free and the signal is very strong.

Room Tip: My room was #29.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ELHS220

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Walkable distance from train station, in the newer part of town, our room and bed and bath were very nice. Excellent price. No breakfast, but pastries and coffee nearby. Many restaurants nearby. Nice shopping street too. A few blocks from bullfight museum, bridge and gorge. Ronda MUST be seen and this hotel is good place to stay when you do.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We stayed here once before in November of 2009 and didn't hesitate to stay again a few weeks ago. The price was excellent considering it's a 5 minute walk to the new bridge and a few minutes further to the old town. The staff was friendly and provided several recommendations for sight-seeing in the area. Traveling off-season meant we didn't see or hear many other guests. There is a single temporary parking spot across the street for hotel guests to load/unload luggage. Street parking can be found nearby if you don't want to pay for a garage.

Room Tip: Rooms not overlooking the main street and park across the street will be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JcMcCain
Sheffield, UK
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My wife and I stayed on Friday and Saturday nights last week as part of a birthday trip, and thought it good value. It's clean, well-furnished, air-conditioned, and very well situated for the sights, being but a stone's throw from the park, the bullring and the gorge. I'm not a strong walker but managed to see both parts of the town - note that some roads in the old town are very steep! I see some people complain about the breakfast, but it's a good, typical continental breakfast for Spain. If you want ‘the full English’ you'll need to stay elsewhere and pay more! It cost us €42 a night, and we got what we expected. While the lady on reception during the day appeared to have little English, the man on in the evening had more; both were very helpful. Car parking seems expensive, but you can pay in the hotel, and they give you a discount (of about €5/day) off the normal rates. My only issue was with the noise on the Saturday night. Friday was ok, but our room was on the first floor at the back, overlooking a pizza take-away, which was still serving at gone 4 on Sunday morning. I'm a light sleeper and was aware of it; my wife slept through and didn't notice. I'd certainly stay there again, but I'd probably avoid weekends!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front and on upper floors are probably quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank miksheff
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Location is great, but i stayed on a weekend night, was noisy and worst of all, I lost my passport which I left in the hotel room while I was having breakfast. I had the key with me.
I stayed at so many hotels and hostels, I thought hotels would be safer since it is individual room and I don't have to be cautious locking my luggage all the time. Boy was I wrong. The one time I decided to be out of the room without locking my luggage and bringing my passport, my precious document was missing when I came back.
The receptionist just responded that I must have dropped it... Yeah between my room and the breakfast room!
Have always locked my stuffs ever since, even if it is just gonna be for 5 minutes out of the room.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room unless you want things to go missing from your luggage.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Kokubear
staffordshire
Reviewed 4 March 2012

If you are driving into Ronda this is a perfect Hotel. It's a two minute walk from an easy to find public car park (with a sat nav !!) and it's also on the same road as the Bull Ring and famous bridge over the gorge. The room was very cheap and we were a little dubious but booked it anyway. I am pleased to say the hotel and our room was spot on, very clean and comfortable, everything you need for a short stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank globetreka1
Estes Park, Colorado
Reviewed 2 December 2011

This hotel is only a 10 minute walk from the bus/train station and perfect for the traveller on foot. It is across from a beautiful park and minutes from all the other attractions in this smaller town. The place was clean and friendly, the beds were fine, bathrooms excellent and overall fine for a one night stay. Nothing real special but no problems or negatives either. I recommend this hotel heartily.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple