A lovely country hotel, quite isolated but only an €18 taxi ride to Ronda. The rooms are all individual largish with balconies, big enough for sunbeds and a table & chairs. The hoteliers give a very personal service without being intrusive. The cooking is superb, modern Spanish, with a good wine list including interesting local wines; you have to chose your dinner menu at breakfast.
You dine on the terrace with views the rolling countryside.
Our air conditioned room had a lovely large 4 poster bed, big bathroom, ample private balcony and a good sound system ( you can borrow CDs from their hotels extensive library)
There is little light pollution so star glazing is just amazing.
Rooms do not have televisions, but somehow in such a sylvan setting they are not necessary. It was so peaceful.
The hotel grounds are lush and green, there is an ample pool but alas it is unheated one of only two criticisms; the other being that lovely terrace at breakfast time needs more shading.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a small luxury suite hotel run along the lines of a laid-back country house party thrown by friends. In a renovated rural olive oil mill, with beautifull Ronda within sight, where traditional Spanish architecture meets post-modern design and eclectic furnishing. A short drive from cosmopolitan Ronda but with all the country house comforts to tempt you to just siesta by the pool or on the lawn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), LateRooms, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Hotel La Fuente De La Higuera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel La Fuente De Higuera
- La Fuente De Higuera Hotel