This is a very good hotel indeed. We've been twice now and we'll go back again - and returning to hotels isn't something we usually do. The people that run it are extremely nice - they say they'll do anything to help, and they really mean it. Example: having bought a very expensive pair of shoes in Seville, a two hour drive away, we got to La Fuente and realised that both shoes were for the left foot! They were straight on the phone and persuaded the shoe shop to send a courier with the right shoe, at no extra cost. This open, helpful, relaxed attitude is mirrored in other ways; the kitchen is always open and you can walk in at any time and see what's cooking. If you want something off-menu, or want to order food at a time that's neither lunch nor dinner, that's no problem. If you need to leave early, before they start serving breakfast, well they'll just serve breakfast earlier. There's an honesty bar with drinks and ice creams. The whole place feels relaxed, calm and truly welcoming.
The rooms are simple and beautiful; four poster beds, fabulous linen, high ceilings, beautiful light. Some also have stunning views and private terraces. The gardens smell and look fantastic - especially the lavender all round the swimming pool. The food at breakfast and lunch is simple, varied and delicious. They make much use of the produce from their own, very impressive, organic vegetable garden. At dinner, the food ranges from good to completely exquisite. We went shortly after one of us had visited Gordon Ramsay's much heralded restaurant in Chelsea, and at least two of La Fuente's dishes - a tuna tartare flavoured with coriander and a salad of fried banana, jamon iberico and peanut - would not have been out of place in a restaurant of that class.
Highly, highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a small luxury suite hotel run along the lines of a laid-back country house party thrown by friends. In a renovated rural olive oil mill, with beautifull Ronda within sight, where traditional Spanish architecture meets post-modern design and eclectic furnishing. A short drive from cosmopolitan Ronda but with all the country house comforts to tempt you to just siesta by the pool or on the lawn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and TravelUp so you can book your Hotel La Fuente De La Higuera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel La Fuente De Higuera
- La Fuente De Higuera Hotel