“Amazing Time with the Bulls (and Horses)”
Review of Reservatauro Ronda

Reservatauro Ronda
Ranked #4 of 86 things to do in Ronda
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Guided tour 70 min "Amongs bulls and horses" adult 25 euros - Guided tour 2 hours with Ronda´s wine and tapas adult 40 euros- Discover the life of the figthting bull and the andalusian horse. Only a few minutes away from the city that joined its destiny to the king of the dehesa, at RESERVATURO RONDA, in the edge of a Biosphere Reserve, we can enjoy observing within a short distance all the stages of the fighting bull breeding and selection: the breeding stock cows escorted by the powerful stallion -the chosen one, the herald of the essence of the breed-; the calves born that year, running about together overlooked by their mothers, dreaming of a long life in the country; the young bulls insolents, boastful of their thoroughbred; and finally, the bull, the result of centuries of men's passion for creating the most beautiful creature, midway between its nobility and its fighting spirit. Guided tour 70 min "Amongs bulls and horses" adult Guided tour 2 hours with Ronda´s wine and tapas adult
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Phoenix, Arizona
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Amazing Time with the Bulls (and Horses)”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Paging through the day tours offered our our resort, we came across a tour that included a farm that raises Fighting Bulls (El Toro Bravo) near Ronda, Spain. With a quick internet search we discovered the Reservatauro Ronda, at http://www.reservatauro.com. Currently the website is only in Spanish, but the they speak English so just call.

With one day advance, we arranged a private tour of the property easily on our own for EUR25 per person. This was much more affordable and much more personable than the packaged bus tour. Also, the road to Ronda in a bus would be more like riding a roller-coaster for 90 minutes.

The farm is amazing. Opened just last year, it is owned and operated by a professional bull-fighter. They have a practice/viewing ring and all of the facilities to maintain and care for the bulls. A jeep tour with the guide and another staff (who is also a bull-fighter) was absolutely fabulous. The acreage is vast and literally covered with Spanish Oak trees. The bulls all live on the open farm areas, segregated by age and gender (for obvious reasons).

There are also Andalusian Horses on the property that are being bread and raised. Absolutely beautiful.

My family loved this tour, possibly the highlight of our time in Spain. Only 10 minutes outside of Ronda (another must see town if you are in the region), it was about a 75 minute drive from Marbella.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Denis B

• Finnish first
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A Unique, Intimate and Beautiful Experience”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have long dreamed of riding horses in Spain, and my boyfriend and I were fortunate enough to happen across the Reservatauro Ronda shortly before departing for our two-week excursion to Andalucia. Our helpful host at Hotel Fuente de la Higuera reserved a one-hour horseback ride for us, which we were delighted to realize would be just the two of us along with our gracious guide, Rafael, himself a professional bullfighter. I have very mixed feeling about bullfighting itself but seeing these animals raised under oak trees and free reign of lush pasture land has given me a different perspective. I rode a wonderful horse called Mundo who not only kept me safe while a herd of toros bravos came running straight toward us, but took me on a lovely canter through a poppy-strewn meadow. I have a lifetime of riding experience and my boyfriend is a beginner and we both had well-suited mounts and personalized activity - we could do as much as we were comfortable with. Our guide told us how the bulls and horses are raised, and I even picked up some new Spanish words. We rode through open meadows with mares and newborn foals grazing in the orchard shade and along winding paths that bordered the different bull paddocks. It was absolutely our favorite day in Spain, and I cannot recommend the Reservatauro highly enough. If you are not interested in riding horses they also offer other sorts of tours, but I feel that horseback was the truest way to experience the Ronda countryside.

Visited April 2013