“Awesome would be an understatement - the only thing you could possibly regret is not doing this”

Hike + Bike the Sierras - Day Tours
Ranked #4 of 17 Outdoor Activities in Ronda
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Join us on one of our mountain biking, walking or cycling day tours in the beautiful countryside that surrounds Ronda. Being based in Ronda we are in an ideal location for a full range of activities from easy to challenging levels. Our qualified guides (native english speaking) will show you the best of the walking, cycling or mountain biking that is available in the Serrania de Ronda. We have can provide a great day out for families, less frequent riders and of course experienced enthusiasts and with minibus support you can be assured that help is close at hand if you have bitten of a bit more than you can chew. Take a look at our website for a full list of day tours or our multi-day holidays.
Cheshire UK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Had contacted Hike and bike prior to my trip as fancied doing some cycling in the area. They were incredibly helpful about the opportunities on offer, and the booking process was very simple via email / text / or phone.
We were collected from our accommodation by Heather and Wayne who drove us to the start of the ride and met up with us at the end. The bikes were excellent quality and condition. All necessary equipment provided gel seats covers, water, helmets, spare inner tube, emergency kit, maps etc.

Our first ride (Via Verde) was mostly downhill, and could be tackled by all ages and levels of fitness, and at your own pace. Any little ones in your group are welcome too on trailers. My 14 year old daughter who hasn't ridden much before, was a bit uncertain about the distance but she managed it well and really enjoyed it too.The scenery is absolutely spectacular. Although we did the ride in blazing 35 degree heat the breeze from the bike was refreshing and there are several lit tunnels to ride through which give an opportunity for a proper cool down every now and then. This seriously was the best 45 euros I have ever spent in my life. Needless to say I had to get another ride in before the end of my trip:)

I do a bit of road cycling back in the UK but have always fancied doing some off road stuff. Arranged with Wayne for us both to do a mountain bike skills lesson another day, where he patiently went through the basics of off road riding, balance/posture, use of brakes, gears, riding over obstacles and up and down steep inclines.

Following this we went out on a long, and very challenging ride in and around Ronda together. As well as pointing out all the wonderful sights along the way, he encouraged me to practice my new found mountain biking skills. I couldn't believe how much he taught me in one morning. It felt like such am accomplishment, and has given me the confidence to do more offroad riding. Wayne's reassuring calm manner, in depth knowledge, and cracking sense of humour were second to none.

What a super friendly couple, and a business that I'm sure will continue to thrive. All that remains is to plan my next trip :) :) :)

Visited August 2014
1 Thank CheshireUKJanet
WaynePickering, Owner at Hike + Bike the Sierras - Day Tours, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Hi Janet & Anna,

Thank you for a fantastic review. It always feels great to know our customers enjoy their time with us in Ronda. The Via Verde is a great ride for anybody and its good to hear your daughter was happy that she tried out this ride.

It was a pleasure to spend time with you both for some tuition on mountain biking. Your enthusiasm for learning more about mountain biking was great and you did really well on the ride after the training. I think the cup of tea made a big difference :-)

Hope to see you again

Good guide
Good bikes
Good nature
Good everything

Strongly recommend to all to contact Wayne & Heather - and plan a bike tour asap

WaynePickering, Owner at Hike + Bike the Sierras - Day Tours, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hello Kristian and family. Thank you for the great review. We are really happy to hear you enjoyed our guided mountain bike ride from Ronda to Setenil de las Bodegas.
Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Had a great daytrip with an excellent guide and scenery to die for!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Me and my friend did the all day trip from Ronda to el Chorro. Wayne was an informative and friendly guide that took us on a challenging, but very rewarding trip. The scenery was absolutely amazing! We biked through small spanish villages, through pine forest, fields, beside train tracks and finally Downs the El Chorro Gorge. The bikeriding was diverse, offering many types of different tracks and tough, just as promised!
We warmly reccomend this company!

2 Thank Voljina
Hi Alice, thank you for a really nice review. We enjoyed taking you on our guided mountain bike ride from Ronda to El Chorro. Yes it is a tough ride but you and Martin did great. Hope to see you again someday for another challenging ride
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Most memorable part of Espana vacation”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Wayne & Heather are simply wonderful and really care about their clients having the best possible experience. Their tours can be adapted to your skill, athletic and interest level, and they are extremely accommodating. My wife and I just returned from a 2 week holiday in Spain and the 4 days we stayed in Ronda hiking and biking with Wayne & Heather were by far the most memorable part of the trip. We saw a great deal of the beautiful countryside, visited surrounding towns, rode all the way to the coast on a beautiful (mostly downhill) mountain road, and had a superb time. Their bikes are top notch, and overall it was incredible. Many people simply pass through Ronda after seeing the old town and gorge - it's a mistake not to spend a few days there, including some time with Wayne & Heather.

Visited July 2014
Hello Howard & Debbie, thank you for the kind review. Its nice to know we helped make your time in Spain more memorable. Ronda truly is a great town and the surrounding area is well worth exploration on foot or on a bike. Like you say, many people miss out on what is beyond the town which is such a shame as there is plenty to see. All the best, Wayne & Heather
Ronda, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Family ride in Via Verde”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Our friends from Singapore with their 3 boys, ages 8 - 12 have just visited us for 3 days. They wanted a day of sightseeing, a day of cycling and a day walking. I knew that Hike and Bike would give them a cycling experience they would remember with pleasure. We (Yes I went with them!) had a great day out. Wayne was very patient with us all, making sure that the young boys had the perfect bikes for their needs, and answering all my questions about the gears! (it is a long time since I have been on a bike!). Certainly recommend this route for families, but also for those who want to enjoy the beautiful scenery and have fun riding through the 30 tunnels.

1 Thank Susan C
Hi Susan, it was a pleasure taking you and your friends to the Via Verde de la Sierra. It really is a nice ride suitable for all the family.