“Relaxing stay in Andalusia”
Review of Finca La Guzmana

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ronda
Finca La Guzmana
Ranked #34 of 40 Hotels in Ronda
Reviewed 3 October 2010

Our stay at Finca La Guzmana was a wonderful, relaxing experience. Peter, our host, was welcoming and friendly, providing helpful advice about local sites and restaurants, a generous breakfast, and allowed us free use of the kitchen and laundry facilities (much appreciated!) We especially appreciated the “honor” sytem regarding wine, beer and cold drinks in the well-stocked “guest refrigerator.” What a convenience! All that was needed was for us to write down what we used in the book provided, and we paid VERY reasonable prices at the end of our stay. We enjoyed the pool, which in September was warm and inviting. We also loved the numerous dogs and cats Peter provides a home for. It made La Guzmana seem like “home away from home” for us animal lovers. Ronda was lovely, with an extraordinary gorge cutting through it. We were lucky in that there was a week-long festival taking place during our stay, with parades, bull fights and colorful costumes, etc providing extra ambience. Our room was rustic but comfortable, and opened onto a lovely courtyard. The beds were a bit firm, but we encountered similar beds at other B&B’s. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend Finca La Guzmana to those who like quiet, rural settings within driving distance of many outstanding attractions.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 August 2010

I can't stop coming back! I "discovered" La Finca 5 years ago now and have been for a few days in June every year with a group of friends, on average 14 of us. We enjoy being able to relax, sun bathe, shop in Ronda, eat, drink (honesty bar), you name it and the the Finca will have it! Peter organises our taxis, recommends tapas bars, restaurants, sight seeing and books our table at the Venta 2 mins away, if like most days that's as far as we venture - a wonderful place to share with friends. I also have visited in August with my teenage children, mum and husband! They each loved their holidays for individual reasons, my children loved the pool and being able to play croquet in the shade, my husband liked his early morning runs and then late afternoon walks and my mum enjoyed the whole experience, especially exploring Ronda and drinking her tea outside her room every morning whilst we all slept, me? I enjoyed the sun lounger and several good books. You'll visit once and then like me and my family and friends... will become hooked!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2010

We had 3 nights at this B&B and thoroughly enjoyed our stay just 4ks out of Rhonda. We had driven from Granada and went then to Cordoba. With 2 girls aged 13 and 10 we stayed in a good sized family room. Despite it being rather cold at times we were very comfortable in our room - we all slept into 9am every morning! Peter is a fantastic host and serves a good breakfast and has a great kitchen if you want to cook for yourself. He had plenty of information on local things to do and gave us a great itinerary for driving the white villages. Our children loved the 8 cats, 7 dogs and 2 horses surrounded by olive trees. We went for some lovely walks in the morning in the surrounding countryside. At the end of the day we loved sitting in front of the fire and drinking a glass of wine and eating some nibbles that we had picked up from our exploring during the day. This is a great place to stay for families or couples and break up the hotels in cities on your trip.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2009

In late July, I am not a fan of urban hotels in Spain, I used Ronda as a few day stay between Seville and Granada. I highly recommend Peter's BB. It is a small, unpresupposing building; difficult to find since it is off the road, but inside, it is remarkably cozy. The rooms have high roofs and ample bathrooms. We slept five in our room. The House has a central courtyard, a cozy TV room with plenty of books, and space, the kitchen opens up to a balcony overlooking south towards Ronda, a lawn, and a generous (for Spain) infinity pool.

All around are dogs and cats. Peter appears to rescue pets. My children were thrilled by their hotel-mates. Peter was helpful in planning local sidetrips. We drove north into a mountain park, and around some local white towns. His place is a few minutes, by car, from Ronda. Not far from a supermarket. His breakfast is continental, excellent bread and yogurt and cereal, and freshly-squeezed orange juice and coffee, and cheese and the everpresent ham of Spain.

Ronda may not be Granada or Seville (latter 1.5 hours away), it has no beach, but if you want a few days of peace and quiet, and you have a car. (My kids loved the pool and pets), this is a wonderful place to stay.

I thought it was delightful.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Familyof6illinois
Reviewed 29 July 2009

I had a peaceful and relaxing stay here in early June. About once a year, I manage to steal just a few (in this case, four) days away from both work and small children. Since this time is so rare, I always want to make the most of it.

For the most part, Finca La Guzmana was just what I was looking for: small, quiet, beautiful setting - the perfect place to just get away from everything for a little while. I loved breakfast (I sure ate enough of it), and especially Peter's special recipe fruit compote. I really really (did I say really?) appreciated being able to use the large and fully equipped kitchen to prepare my own meals - the combination of being on my own and not wanting to eat dinner as late as the Spanish typically do made this facility especially valuable. Peter keeps the kitchen well-stocked with reasonably priced wine, beer, liquor and non-alcoholic beverages - you can serve yourself and note your consumption in a notebook for payment upon check-out.

My room was more than comfortable, and the refrigerator and coffee making facilities in the room were much appreciated. Ronda is an incredibly beautiful town - I would return in a heartbeat - next time with my family. Just outside the town there are a lot of great places to go hiking and biking - they were what attracted me to the area, and they did not disappoint.

Peter let me borrow one of his bicycles - I appreciated his generosity, but before coming I had expressed to him how much I wanted to go biking. In this light, and since I only get one vacation like that one per year - I would have preferred that he help me to arrange to have a good, all-terrain, ready for anything bicycle - I would have preferred to pay for that rather than make do with the one he had on offer (the gears changed only with difficulty, making it impossible to take the bike up any serious hills, thus seriously limiting my biking possibilities - that is, seriously limiting one of the very reasons I was there).

Finca La Guzmana has a large outdoor swimming pool in a beautiful setting. However, the pool is not heated, and when I was there in early June the water was too cold to swim in it. I tried - I really did - but each time after 10 minutes (or less) I simply had to get out. Because the swimming pool factored largely in my decision to stay there, this (together with the bicycle), was also a disappointment to me.

I would, and probably will, go back to Finca La Guzmana. However, the next time: (i) I will take my family (particularly comforted in the knowledge that there is a refrigerator and I'll have access to the kitchen), (ii) I will rent bicycles - in good condition - for all of us, and (iii) we will go only during a time when we will know that the water in the pool will be warm enough for swimming.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2008

A beautiful place to stay in Andalusia. A real hacienda with beautiful swimming pool, surrounded by olives trees. We stayed in the pretty family room with our 2 children (9 and 11). The spot is perfect to visit beautiful Ronda (only 4 km). The breakfast are good but compare to other bed and breakfast in Andalusia they are ordinary. The frig is full of wine, juice, popsicle, beer....All for a small fee.....The kitchen, that you can use to cook meals is wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank SOPHIE516
Reviewed 27 July 2005

Finca La Guzmana is a superbly-run B&B a little way outside Ronda and about 1 hour's drive from Marbella. The B&B is set in a typical rural setting surrounded by olive groves and vineyards. Claire & Peter make everyone feel as though they are part of the family and Claire's attention to detail and constant attention to your every need make you feel very much 'at home'. The maid even ironed all our laundry, without being asked, and without expecting payment - now THAT is service! The breakfasts are fantastic and set you up for the day. The pool is large and a perfect temperature. A well-stocked wine cellar and honesty book system ensure that you can access very good and competitively-priced local wines should you need one and the refrigerator is always full of beer, juices and cold water. The rooms are roomy and well-provisioned. Ronda itself is a place not to be missed by anyone wanting to delve into Spanish history and the views from the old town and in particular the old bridge are fantastic. We look forward to returning.
John & Julie Sheehan