“Shocking”
Review of Ferrycarrig Hotel

Ferrycarrig Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ferrycarrig
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Went for a bite to eat with my partner and baby today to the dry dock bar, first a member of staff nearly walked into buggy and gave a bare apolagie as he was too busy looking the other way while walking!!! We then went to a table after 10 mins we had to ask for a menu I understand working in the industry myself that things can get busy but there was at least 5 staff members and none were exactly ran off their feet, when I did eventually get my food (dry turkey and a half a plate of mash) it was literally thrown in front of me!!!!! Thinking I was over reacting I asked my partner who totally agreed with me. We then had dessert which was ok but all in all not a great experience as I ve mainly only heard good things about the Ferrycarrig I was quiet disappointed. Having looked into it as a venue for my son's christening after today's experience I'm very glad that we decided to go elsewhere

• Stayed: May 2012
nhearne, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear R2810

Thank you for taking the time to supply us with some feedback from your recent visit to the Dry Dock Bar at Ferrycarrig Hotel. We genuinely appreciate and respect your comments, as it is primarily through feedback that we can continue to exceed the expectations of our valuable customers.

It is very disappointing that your dining experience was not up to our highest possible standard of customer care and service. We all work extremely hard to ensure our guests expectations are not only reached but exceeded. I am saddened that we failed on this occasion.

I would be delighted to hear from you directly so that we may gain a better understanding of the circumstances leading to your review. Please be assured that we are committed to providing the very best in customer service and care; it is with this focus on excellence that we retain a high level of repeat guests.

Jeanette O’Keeffe,
_____________________________________________________________________________
Ferrycarrig Hotel values genuine feedback from our guests which help us stay focused on delivering customer care. It forms part of our on-going review of standards and quality service in the Ferrycarrig Hotel.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

I stayed here for two nights with my husband and it was perfect for what we wanted. The hotel itself is located a few miles from Wexford town but in a very idellic area overlooking water. All rooms have views of the water which is a bonus. The room was very clean and had everything we wanted. However, I have stayed in nicer rooms in other hotels. The staff were very efficient and the food in the restaurant and bar was excellent. I would recommend eating here in the evening rather than going into Wexford town. The only downfall in our stay was the breakfast, there was only one staff member on for most of the breakfast which meant that we had most of it eaten by the time we received our tea and coffee! I would recommend this hotel for anyone that is looking for a relaxing stay and I would return again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LorryIreland

Dear LorryIreland,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Ferrycarrig. We are truly delighted you enjoyed the view of the Slaney Estuary with Picturesque, Tranquil and Peaceful surroundings. Likewise, I am delighted you enjoyed the food and service in the main dining room and bar. I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your feedback with regards the staffing levels of the breakfast team and I can assure you, all your comments are welcome and shall be reviewed by myself and the Management Team here in the hotel. We are committed to reviewing each guest feedback to ensure that we are enhancing our guests experience on a daily basis.
Again, my sincere thanks for taking the time to review Ferrycarrig and we look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Jeanette O’Keeffe,

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Very brief visit to Wexford necessitated a stay at this hotel. The view from the bar over the water is fantastic. Food generally is alright, not exactly anything to write home about. Rooms are fine for a very short stay. Certainly not the worst out there.

1  Thank Travelling-Ninja
nhearne, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear Travelling - Ninja,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments in relation to your recent visit to Ferrycarrig. We are truly delighted you enjoyed your stay and the fantastic view of the river from where you were sitting in the bar.

We would be delighted to hear from your directly so that we may gain a better understanding of your comments in relation to the food. Please feel free to call me directly at your convenience

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming back to Ferrycarrig in the near future.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

We had stayed at this hotel about a year ago. We encountered some noise and in the morning the hotel apologised and gave us a voucher for a stay in the future. I was pregnant at the time. The hotel could not have been nicer and accomodated us one year on with our baby. The room view was out of this world and relaxed us immediately. We had a little balcony on which we were able to get a great view over the water. The food and service was top class. We will be back to this hotel most definetly.

Room Tip: we were in 322 and view was lovely and balcony to sit out on.
2  Thank WilberLaois_Ireland

Dear WilberLaois_Ireland,

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete your most kind review regarding your recent stay at Ferrycarrig Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your return visit and you were able enjoy the facilities without noise. We not only pride ourselves in making your stay a comfortable one but also offer you excellent service with friendly, efficient staff and top class food.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to Ferrycarrig
Kind Regards
Jeanette O'Keeffe

_________________________________________________________________________

Reviewed 17 May 2012

I stayed here with my husband and two children in may as we were their for my brothers confirmation meal during the day and stayed for the night.
The girls on reception were very friendly and check in was very easy. Our room was lovely very clean although some more towels would have been nice in the bathroom!! great music in the bar on the friday night, good atmosphere.
Our dinner that afternoon in reeds was good for the price paid, although it was'nt hot some of the food was quiet cold. we also had our sons christening in this restaurnant 2years ago and the food was not cooked to the same standard as our previous visit but as I said not bad for the price.
the leisure center staff were excellent very welcoming instantly catching the kids names and talking away to them. The pool and facilities were excellent.
Breakfast was great. really good selection of fruit, pastries, really nice cold buffet. hot food good also although it was a little cold again!staff very nice and helpfull. when we arrived back to our room their was two balloons hanging on the door for the kids which was a really nice touch. overall great hotel with extra friendly staff and great attention to detail.

Room Tip: sea view and balcony
1  Thank berniecurr

Dear berniecurr,

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete your most kind review regarding your recent stay at Ferrycarrig Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We not only pride ourselves in making your stay a comfortable one but also to offer you excellent service with friendly, efficient staff with a good atmosphere. The acknowledgement and welcome you received in the leisure from the girls is a pleasure to read to which I have passed on your comments. Delighted to see that the kids enjoyed the balloons- this is something unique that will remind them of Ferrycarrig.
We are however genuinely disappointed to read your comments regarding your experience with the food in the restaurant, in light of which, we have discussed the issue you raised with our team. Our policy is that all tables are checked by a manger or supervisor at main course stage. This allows us resolve problems on the spot. It is disappointing that this was not expressed when your table was checked to which it could have being resolved there and then. I thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.
___________________________________________________________________________

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Beautiful location, lovely staff, great food, excellent gym, irrestible 20m swimming pool, fabulous room (and thanks for the upgrade). In short, 5 stars from start to end - I didn't want to leave! Hope to be back soon.

1  Thank UnaSmart

Dear UnaSmart,

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete your most kind review regarding your recent stay at Ferrycarrig Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We not only pride ourselves in making your stay a comfortable one but also to offer you excellent service with friendly, efficient staff with knowledge of our product. We are delighted that we could accommodate you with an upgrade on this occasion. Our location sets Ferrycarrig apart from other –its amazing view, set on the banks of the lovely Slaney Estuary, the peace, tranquil and surroundings area is wonderful to look out on.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

I highly recommend this hotel - my sister had her wedding reception here - fantastic place, excellent food,lovely views for the pictures and the staff were brilliant!

1  Thank reviewer i
nhearne, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Dear reviewer i,

Thank you for your kind feedback, which is incredibly encouraging and greatly appreciated.
We are truly delighted you enjoyed your stay & especially your sisters wedding celebration. We pride ourselves in providing good customer service & always look forward to seeing our guests returning time after time. It gives us great sense of achievement that we are providing an excellent Wedding Venue.

I am delighted that your sister chose our facilities, our River side location to hold her Wedding Reception. Our location sets Ferrycarrig apart from others. Ferrycarrig is known for being the ideal location for that special wedding day.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ferrycarrig in the near future.

Kind regards

_____________________________________________________________________________

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferrycarrig
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Ferrycarrig Hotel? Share your experiences!