“Ferrycarrig stop off, en route to Barrymaloe”
Review of Ferrycarrig Hotel

Ferrycarrig Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ferrycarrig
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great setting helped along with perfect weather, good breakfast. Great pool and gym. Ideal for what I wanted, probably good for weddings and functions. Bar options, choice of wines and beers in particular was a little disappointing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Reviewer
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. I was delighted to read your review and it is most reassuring that the hotel was ideal for what you wanted. I have taken note of your comment in relation to bar options to include wine and beer choice. We will look at this with a view to enhancing our offer to suit all.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the future.

There are newer reviews for Ferrycarrig Hotel

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Service and housekeeping service good. Large rooms with beautiful view. Nice variety at breakfast. Wifi was inconsistent but they were having if looked at. Scrambled eggs at breakfast looked like they were sitting there gif a while.

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I was most pleased to read of the positives you experienced with us and we appreciate the recognition. We are constantly trying to upgrade and offer speedy connectivity for wifi users and I assure you our goal is to eliminate any inconsistent delivery.
We look forward to having you back sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

My partner and i were invited to a wedding reception at the Ferrycraig on Friday 17/5/2014. We had never been there before, but what a wonderful find. The greeting at the desk was courteous and polite. Our room was spacious, had a new clean en suite, and was paired with a wonderful view over the Slaney estuary. The evening meal and the breakfast were hearty and hot, all in all this hotel seems to do what it says. We will return soon.......

Room Tip: Always ask for a estuary view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert F

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for finding the time to share your experience. I was delighted to read your findings and that courteous and polite staff were on display. To hear the Ferrycarrig mentioned as a wonderful find is greatly rewarding. It is most reassuring to hear that you will return soon and we greatly look forward to that occasion.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and stopped in for a bite of food at the hotel/restaurant wanting to be on the water. The water side was basically a mud flat (no fault of the hotel) and the deck was adjacent to a playground. The play area is great for children but not so peaceful for lunch with rambunctious kids all about. First off, two staff members saw my wife and I go out onto the deck area and walked right past us. I had to go inside and approach a server directly. After that it still took about 10 minutes before anyone came out. I would understand if it was busy but there were only about 5 tables in use with at least 5 servers working. Once the order was taken the food arrived in a decent amount of time but it was dropped off and then we were left to our own devices. I had to get up and go back inside to get further service and even then it seemed that they were actively avoiding me. The food presented well but my fish was not fresh and the breading was not crispy. We could not leave quickly enough.

1  Thank Kurt I

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I was disappointed to read of your experience and please accept my apologies for letting you down. The series of service issues that you have highlighted is most concerning and I assure you I will be looking at our practices immediately.
I would ask that you would consider a return visit as I would very much like to showcase the standard of service that we are renowned for and that our guest's at all times should experience.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Recently had a large family reunion at this hotel with about fifty of us staying. Fantastic location right on the river - great food and very helpful staff. Would recommend without hesitation. Swimming pool overlooks the river, and facilities there excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony cost extra according to the website but the views across the river are spectacu...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank kathyan k

Dear Reviewer
Thank you very much for posting your review. We are most grateful for your feedback and we sincerely appreciate your recommendation without hesitation.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed here monday and tuesday night had a really nice experience we ate in reeds restaurant in the hotel which was included the first evening but decided to eat here the following evening because the food was so good staff really friendly and I found it great value and very quiet and peacefull
we will be back again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael D

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I was most pleased to read of your experience with us and to be classified as a very good hotel is most rewarding. It will be my pleasure to share your remarks with all my colleagues and I am delighted to hear that great value was noted.
We look forward to having you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is beautifully situated at the mouth of a river. It is very comfortable and friendly. It was great value and the menus were very good and tasty. I would highly recommend it for a relaxing break or a family holiday.

1  Thank Breda N

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback. Your review was indeed a delight to read and our sincere appreciation for your abundant compliments.
Thank you so much for your recommendation and we hope to welcome you back very soon.
Derek Coyne

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferrycarrig
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Ferrycarrig Hotel? Share your experiences!