“Absolutely Lovely Place”
Review of Ferrycarrig Hotel

Ferrycarrig Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ferrycarrig
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Myself and my 2 and a half year old daughter stayed here for a night on the way home from a trip to Cork from Wicklow. From when I emailed to make the reservation the service was flawless. The location is amazing, right on the water front, the lobby and guest rooms are stylish and you can see there is a lot of refurb happening around the place. Breakfast was great and we had a busy morning in the playground afterwards. Staff are very attentive and the little touch of a balloon for my daughter to take home was such a thoughtful touch. Will definately be back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MichelleDruids
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback. Your review was a pleasure to read and I am particularly pleased to read of flawless service. Thank you for recognising the refurbishment that is on-going and it is most reassuring to hear that you will definitely be back.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 14 June 2014

From the minute we arrived at the hotel, we were made so welcome. The receptionist was lovely and very chatty to out two year old twins.
They seem to be refurbishing a bit which needs to be done in places. The hallways are a bit grubby and could do with a lick of paint. At the time when I booked there were no family rooms available but I was guaranteed a superior room with a balcony-it was brill. We had a king bed, a single and a foldaway and there was acres of room in there still. The room was lovely and clean, tea/coffee facilities , robes etc and the balcony was great for the kids to play on and us to have an evening drink when they were in bed.

We ate in the bar the first night and it was only ok! Bit greasy , good menu though. Very attentive staff. Breakfast was everything and anything and never seemed too busy. Plenty of tea and toast and anything we asked for.
The leisure centre is great, fab pool and changing rooms and towels provided.
Although it's a bit out of town, I'd highly recommend the hotel for families. They've a playground on site and kids club at weekends and holidays.
And a bonus when we opened the door of the room to check out was a balloon for each of the kids with "we'll miss you" on it..thought it was a nice touch..;))

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Evee1982

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I was most pleased to read that you experienced a warm welcome on arrival as this is our obligation to deliver on.
We sincerely appreciate the compliments you have paid throughout and please be assured that I have taken note of some of the issues you have mentioned.
Thank you for your recommendation and I hope the kids enjoyed the balloons.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here with my family for a one night short break, and was very impressed. My wife booked it online, and because it was a special offer, I didnt expect much, but I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were interconnected, the beds were extremely comfortable, the customer service was top notch, and the place was spotlessly clean. A nice surprise was the two balloons hanging on our door the following morning for the children, saying "We'll miss you". The food in the bar, was nice, but quite expensive, and the only real downside was that children are prohibited from certain areas of the bar and from the restaurant, meaning we had to eat barfood as opposed to the restaurant. Also, a wedding was taking place, and while the wedding party were friendly, the party carried on late onto the smoking deck outside the bar, which was beneath our room, meaning the noise travelled up to us during the night.
Overall though, I was vdery impressed and would be happy to return here for a longer period of time next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for posting your review. I was most pleased to read of your experience at the Ferrycarrig and that you encountered a pleasant surprise. We welcome children in the bar and restaurant until a certain time and we also have adult only spaces in both the bar and restaurant. This set up is very well received with our guests as we endeavour to offer a comfortable environment for all.
I am delighted to hear that you would happily return and we look forward to serving in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We recently had the pleasure of spending 2 nights at this lovely hotel and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We upgraded to a superior room on the 5th floor (adults only floor) and had a wonderful room in 506 which was a very large quiet room away from the noise of weddings etc. and had a fabulous balcony overlooking the grounds and water. We were really lucky to have fab weather during our stay so really enjoyed sitting out in the balcony in the morning and on the bar terrace in the afternoon . We had dinner in the hotel on the first night, which was only ok, but breakfast was very good. The staff at reception were lovely, very helpful and provided us with some great options for dining out etc. We really enjoyed our stay here and would happily return there in the future at some stage.

Room Tip: Choose room 506 if you can - worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WCLADY1

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I was delighted to read your comments and to learn that you experienced a very pleasant stay with us. It is great to hear that the sunny south east lived up to it's billing and delivered the sunshine. It is most reassuring to have such positive feedback about the staff and I will ensure that this is conveyed to them.
We look forward to having you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We enjoyed 2 nights in this hotel and were very impressed by the staff, particularly the receptionists, the bar and restaurant staff. They were very friendly and polite and worked hard attending to everyone. Overall we thought the hotel was lovely and the entertainment provided was very enjoyable too. Other hotels and staff could learn a lot from how ye deal with people and for top customer service.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank geritullamore

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for sharing such great feedback. Your review was most complimentary and we sincerely appreciate the applause and recognition. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with my colleagues at the Ferrycarrig. Your remarks in regards to dealing with people and top customer service are most humbling.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we greatly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

The staff in the hotel are great but the hotel is very dirty it could be a great hotel if it had a revamp it has a great view over the river but lacks atmosphere the arm of the chair came off in my husband s hand while having a mediocre breakfast

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tracey92

Dear Reviewer
Thank your for expressing your opinion following your stay with us. I was very disappointed to read of your findings and please accept my apologies for our shortcomings. I am very concerned to learn of bad housekeeping standards as we pride ourselves on our cleanliness and indeed have won numerous awards in this field. I again must express my apologies for the chair incident and I can only say that this was an accident that unfortunately occurred.
I do hope that you will give us an opportunity sometime in the future to regain your confidence.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had booked the wrong date for our stay (just a one night stop after getting off the ferry) but luckily there was one room left.We were warned that there was a wedding but that it was the other end of the hotel, not so it was in the middle and not that far from our terrace, The music stopped at midnight but the guests continued their party on the balcony of their room till well past 3.30am so I did not get much sleep. The mattress was also hard. The food was mediocre but not expensive.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louise A

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Ferrycarrig. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your overnight stay however I am sorry to learn of the negative impact the wedding had on your relaxation and sleep. I am surprised to learn of the mattress being classed as hard as we are frequently complimented on the sleep quality. I will be giving your grading on food my immediate attention as this result needs to be bettered.
I do hope that you will consider returning to the Ferrycarrig sometime in the future.
General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferrycarrig
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Ferrycarrig Hotel? Share your experiences!