“First rate service!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ferrycarrig
Dublin, Ireland
“First rate service!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed in the Ferrycarrig for a friends wedding. We decided to stay 2 nights as the room rate was very reasonable €45 ppn mid week. On the night before the wedding we tried the bar menu. We found this excellent and plenty of choice. The staff in all areas were very friendly and professional! The setting of the hotel is very beautiful,ie, on a lake with ample chairs and tables to sit outside and enjoy the view. We enjoyed our stay and will return to this hotel!

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but you can book a room with a balcony for an extra charge!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Teresa P
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for posting such a great review. We greatly appreciate your complimentary feedback and it is most reassuring to hear of friendly and professional staff. It will be my pleasure to share your remarks with all at the Ferrycarrig. I am most pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and indeed that you intend to return.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Derek Coyne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I have just had lunch in the ferrycarrig which I have to say was really nice. The reason for feeling the need to put up a review is because the person looking after the table a lady who's name is lorna is probably the best and most efficient food service person I have seen in a long time.
A credit to your team. A few other personnel should take a leaf from how she looks after the customers

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank George L
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am most grateful for you taking the time to highlight your experience. It will be by immense pleasure to pass your compliments to Lorna whom I am sure will be most humbled by your remarks.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed in the Ferrycarrig on the 30th May last. On arrival I was very impressed with the overall place. We couldn't go to our room until 4 who has ever heard of that, I don't know the lady who booked us in but no info was given to us at all... So we waited in the lobby & ordered coffee. a lovely lady called Linda came over to us & said our room was ready so off we popped Wow the view so nice. There was a wedding on normally I hate staying in a hotel when there is a wedding on but it was fine .The staff very friendly overall. I had a hot stone massage a lovely surprise fab thanks Jenny brand new will be back for another one even if I'm not staying worth the journey. We had food in the bar no I didn't like it at all I did say that on the comment card. Overall liked the place a lot will be back just hope the fire alarm doesn't go off again.

Room Tip: Rooms are fine
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Gráinne I
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was happy to read of the positive aspects of your stay but at the same time disappointed to learn of that some were not satisfactory. However,it is great to hear that you were impressed with the overall place and that staff friendliness was on show. I am sorry that the fire alarm intruded on your comfort but unfortunately we have to address these incidents when they occur as safety is paramount.
I do hope you will consider an overnight stay again when you are returning for some more massage therapy with Jenny.
Drogheda
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We booked this hotel at short notice without much knowledge of it. It was a very good decision. It is located outside of Wexford town and is built on a thin strip of land over looking the Slaney Estuary. The location is wonderful as I think virtually all the rooms have views of the ever changing river.

We were in a ground floor room with two seats on outside decking. It was a very large room that had everything that you would expect it to have. The bathroom was large and had a bath which is not always the case. Some of finishes in the bathroom were of painted wood which is not a good idea as in damp areas it can weather quickly. Even though it looked like it was recently renovated it did have one or two areas that could do with freshening up. It was very clean though.

The staff we very good anytime we had interaction with them. The were professional and courteous and knew exactly what to do. There is a very good training programme in place.

The leisure centre is excellent. The pool has great views of the estuary and was very warm. We didn't use the steam room but the general feel was of a very clean well run area. The only slight negative was that there were no locks given for the lockers.

We had dinner and breakfast here and both were excellent. The dinner menu was extensive and interesting. The service was great too. Breakfast was a buffet of hot and cold food. Again the food was of very good quality and effort was put in to sourcing food by quality rather than price.

I would heartily recommend this hotel. It is in a wonderful location, has excellent service and has really good food.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jvh_10
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for reviewing your stay and our sincere thanks for such great feedback. It is most reassuring to hear that your booking at the Ferrycarrig was a very good decision. I am delighted that you encountered professional and courteous staff during your stay.
We greatly appreciate your compliments in regards to the leisure centre and also our Food and Beverage department and these remarks will be passed on to all concerned.
Thank you for your hearty recommendation and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back very soon.
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Back in may myself and two friends were at a wedding here, iv always loved coming to wexford (from bray) and this hotel is a little gem. Hidden away from the hustle and bustle of the town, reception staff are very friendly, they met us with a smile, dry dock bar is bright spacious and has fab views, pity about the music of choice playing tough! We sat outside and had drinks (pre wedding) served by Suzan and Jess a credit to the hotel very polite and friendly. Didn't eat in reeds but the meal at the wedding was beautiful. Iv non stop bragged since returning and we will absolutly be returning in the summer for more cocktails

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarah C
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for such a wonderful review. To be graded as your favourite hotel is of such reward for all of us at the Ferrycarrig. We are most grateful to receive such recognition for our staff and it will be my pleasure to share your remarks with all who you have mentioned.
We look forward to having you back for more of the same with the promise of some great summer cocktails.
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

we recently went for dinner in reeds restaursant, we had visited there many times for occasions and this time had turned me off, the food was warm not HOT and it wasnt just me it was everyone in the group. we were very disapointed in the slow service. afterwards we went to the dry dock bar. the decking is beautiful and we were served drink by a frienedy waitress suzanne who promptly got us all drinks and made us feel important after informing her of the horror we had in the restaurant (group of 35) and i had noticed the bar area direly understaffed of a busy saturday. we have been keen customers of the ferrycarrig for a number of years and we will not be returning in any time soon. also waited 20mins for baby chair. ignored greatly very unhappy

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stacey B
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for finding the time to post your feedback. I was most disappointed to read of your experience and please accept my apologies for our shortcomings. I would like to assure you that the issues you have highlighted will be given immediate attention. After reading on through your review I was pleased to find that our service in the bar was friendly and prompt and I will convey your compliments to Suzanne.
I do hope that you will consider a return visit as we would very much like to regain your confidence and showcase the Ferrycarrig for the service standard it is renowned for.
kildare
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We visited the hotel for a 2 night break; upon arrival we were greeted by a really friendly girl and were impressed by the location & layout of the hotel. The family room was spacious and very clean and the pool area was great especially for the kids.
We opted to eat in the bar on the first night and arrived hungry at 7pm only to be told we would have to wait for a table; the bar is quite small but there is an outdoor eating area (which we did not avail of as it was quite chilly outside). We had a considerable wait so I resorted to the try the restaurant only to be told they did not have a table. I was abit annoyed as this hotel is out of town so your only option really is to eat in the hotel.
I just feel for the size of the hotel the eating areas could be better organised to cater for guests needs; especially as most of the guests had children. Now all that said the food was excellent in both the bar & restaurant when we did finally eat!
We did enjoy our stay and I would recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank catherine p
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I was most pleased to read of your findings in relation to staff friendliness and that the location and layout of the hotel impressed.
I am very sorry to hear that we were not able to accommodate you more promptly for dining but at the same time it is great to hear that the food was excellent.
It is most reassuring to learn that you enjoyed your stay and even more rewarding to receive your recommendation.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon we hope.
Derek Coyne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferrycarrig
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Ferrycarrig Hotel? Share your experiences!