I booked into this hotel last minute- literally. My daughter had just given birth in Wexford hospital just 4 hours earlier. I had driven 200 miles through the night to support her and her partner and found myself at 10.00 am exhausted and wanting to sleep- anywhere. We went on a hotel comparison website and thought the booking had failed so I presented myself at this obviously busy hotel and asked if they could help me. Check in time was not until 4pm- 6 hours later according to the blurb I read on the hotel comparison site. I was exhausted, desperate and a first time Granny. Their response? Nothing is a problem. They contacted housekeeping and explained the problem who very generously cleaned a room especially so I could occupy it 6 hours before guests are supposed to occupy. And guess what? They could have charged me extra- but they didn't. What I got instead were many enquiries as to the health of Mother and baby, asked weight and names. I went to the room at 11am and slept in a massive room with big comfy king size bed and a beautiful view. I went down at 3pm to the restaurant - the Dry Dock and had the most succulent stuffed pork loin, champ and buttered carrots and cauliflower- all for 12 euro.
The rest of the staff stopped me from time to time during my short stay enquiring how The new Mammy, baby and me , the Granny , were doing.
Aside from the humanity shown to me by the staff, the hotel itself is fabulous but not stuffy. Obviously a lot of foreign tourists, family friendly with kids club- the place was buzzing. Great guy in the bar that evening singing a range of music. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty. Best sausages I have every tasted. And the view of the lake......magical!
Thank you Ferrycarraig for not only a lovely if unexpected stay, but the support you gave me at a very emotional time. You even pointed out to me that I had booked twice and refunded money to my card. Honesty!
I will be back and will be telling everyone about you and your excellent caring and professional staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4-star Hotel located 4 kilometers outside Wexford Town on N11. 102 stylish & spacious bedrooms & suites - all with views of the river Slaney. Award winning waterfront Dry Dock Bar. Reeds at Ferrycarrig waterfront restaurant - 2 AA Rosette Award Winner, 5-star Active Health & Fitness club with 20m pool, Olympic standard gym, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room. Supervised children's play programs, Baby Clubbers (0 - 4 yrs) and Crazy Clubbers (4 yrs - 12 yrs). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotel.de and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Ferrycarrig Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Wexford
- Wexford Hotel Ferrycarrig
- Ferrycarrig Hotel Wexford