“beautiful location”
Review of Ferrycarrig Hotel

Ferrycarrig Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ferrycarrig
Reviewed 2 July 2014

i have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Ferrycarrig hotel. the location is great, located on the banks of the river Slaney. We were blessed with the weather and sitting out on the patio you could be in any foreign sun location. The staff in the hotel were excellent, all very friendly and overworked. The hotel is spotlessly clean although at once you hit the corridors leading to the bedrooms the decor is rather tired. This hotel would be suited to families as there is a kids club and a lovely swimming pool. I must say the children were all very well behaved. There are some adult only areas in the hotel which is a great addition.

Room Tip: There is an adults only floor available. Having said that as we all know sometimes are noisier than...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DroghedaAnnie
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and compliments. Thank you for recognising the staff as we are most proud of their actions and achievement.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just called in for tea and cake. They were very busy with lunches but were happy to just fit us in. Served by an exceptional waitress, who made us very welcome. The views of the river here are wonderful. The apple pie was the best ever, sort of part cake and part pie, totally delicious. Made a very good impression. We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beanbag2013

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. "Apple Pie Heaven" has such a sweet ring to it and I will gladly pass this applause to our pastry chef. It was our pleasure to fit you in and we sincerely appreciate the staff recognition.
I am delighted to read that you will be back and we look forward to welcoming you back on that occasion.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I booked into this hotel last minute- literally. My daughter had just given birth in Wexford hospital just 4 hours earlier. I had driven 200 miles through the night to support her and her partner and found myself at 10.00 am exhausted and wanting to sleep- anywhere. We went on a hotel comparison website and thought the booking had failed so I presented myself at this obviously busy hotel and asked if they could help me. Check in time was not until 4pm- 6 hours later according to the blurb I read on the hotel comparison site. I was exhausted, desperate and a first time Granny. Their response? Nothing is a problem. They contacted housekeeping and explained the problem who very generously cleaned a room especially so I could occupy it 6 hours before guests are supposed to occupy. And guess what? They could have charged me extra- but they didn't. What I got instead were many enquiries as to the health of Mother and baby, asked weight and names. I went to the room at 11am and slept in a massive room with big comfy king size bed and a beautiful view. I went down at 3pm to the restaurant - the Dry Dock and had the most succulent stuffed pork loin, champ and buttered carrots and cauliflower- all for 12 euro.
The rest of the staff stopped me from time to time during my short stay enquiring how The new Mammy, baby and me , the Granny , were doing.
Aside from the humanity shown to me by the staff, the hotel itself is fabulous but not stuffy. Obviously a lot of foreign tourists, family friendly with kids club- the place was buzzing. Great guy in the bar that evening singing a range of music. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty. Best sausages I have every tasted. And the view of the lake......magical!
Thank you Ferrycarraig for not only a lovely if unexpected stay, but the support you gave me at a very emotional time. You even pointed out to me that I had booked twice and refunded money to my card. Honesty!
I will be back and will be telling everyone about you and your excellent caring and professional staff

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Siobhan415

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for finding the time to review your stay. I must say that when I read your opening I was elevated to a feeling of immense pride and I will be conveying this recognition to all at Ferrycarrig. I was delighted to hear that your experience was so positive and pleasurable and that we were able to offer our support at this emotional time for you.
Please give our very best wishes to mother and baby and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back along with the rest of the family sometime in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Fantastic setting with beautiful views. Very friendly staff. It can be a bit of a walk to your room though and also to the leisure centre. The room was very nice with all that you would need. The leisure centre was excellent. Food in the bar was beyond my expectations- simply done and very very tasty. I will definitely return.
Prices are very good for a hotel of this standard

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TheMongrel1

Dear Reviewer
Thank you very much for your feedback. I was most pleased to read of your findings and we greatly appreciate your praise of our staff and facilities. It is most rewarding to hear that you will definitely return and also to learn that you found the price to be good for the standard that we present.
We look forward to having you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed in the Ferrycarrig for a friends wedding. We decided to stay 2 nights as the room rate was very reasonable €45 ppn mid week. On the night before the wedding we tried the bar menu. We found this excellent and plenty of choice. The staff in all areas were very friendly and professional! The setting of the hotel is very beautiful,ie, on a lake with ample chairs and tables to sit outside and enjoy the view. We enjoyed our stay and will return to this hotel!

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but you can book a room with a balcony for an extra charge!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Teresa P

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for posting such a great review. We greatly appreciate your complimentary feedback and it is most reassuring to hear of friendly and professional staff. It will be my pleasure to share your remarks with all at the Ferrycarrig. I am most pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and indeed that you intend to return.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I have just had lunch in the ferrycarrig which I have to say was really nice. The reason for feeling the need to put up a review is because the person looking after the table a lady who's name is lorna is probably the best and most efficient food service person I have seen in a long time.
A credit to your team. A few other personnel should take a leaf from how she looks after the customers

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank George L
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am most grateful for you taking the time to highlight your experience. It will be by immense pleasure to pass your compliments to Lorna whom I am sure will be most humbled by your remarks.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed in the Ferrycarrig on the 30th May last. On arrival I was very impressed with the overall place. We couldn't go to our room until 4 who has ever heard of that, I don't know the lady who booked us in but no info was given to us at all... So we waited in the lobby & ordered coffee. a lovely lady called Linda came over to us & said our room was ready so off we popped Wow the view so nice. There was a wedding on normally I hate staying in a hotel when there is a wedding on but it was fine .The staff very friendly overall. I had a hot stone massage a lovely surprise fab thanks Jenny brand new will be back for another one even if I'm not staying worth the journey. We had food in the bar no I didn't like it at all I did say that on the comment card. Overall liked the place a lot will be back just hope the fire alarm doesn't go off again.

Room Tip: Rooms are fine
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gráinne I

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was happy to read of the positive aspects of your stay but at the same time disappointed to learn of that some were not satisfactory. However,it is great to hear that you were impressed with the overall place and that staff friendliness was on show. I am sorry that the fire alarm intruded on your comfort but unfortunately we have to address these incidents when they occur as safety is paramount.
I do hope you will consider an overnight stay again when you are returning for some more massage therapy with Jenny.
Derek Coyne

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferrycarrig
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Ferrycarrig Hotel? Share your experiences!