“Great break for young family”
Review of Ferrycarrig Hotel

Ferrycarrig Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ferrycarrig
patriciaire
“Great break for young family”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel has a fab location, friendly staff, modern decor.
Children were kept busy between clown, kids club, playground and swimming pool.
Once the kids were happy, we were happy!
We had a lovely spacious room overlooking the river.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for sharing your feedback. It was great to read of your experience with us and I am most pleased to learn of your satisfaction with the Ferrycarrig. I am glad that we achieved the most important thing,being Happy Kids! I completely agree that happy kids has a knock on effect!
We look forward to having all the family back sometime in the very near future.
Derek Coyne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Beautiful hotel, has been recently refurbished. Food for dinner was ok, nothing too exciting but hit the spot when I arrived late that night. Rooms were pleasant and airy. Had good sleep, was quiet...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank beth w
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Ferrycarrig. I was delighted to read of your findings and that your experience was positive.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the future.
Clarenville, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at the Ferrycarrig for one night while touring around southern Ireland. Our room was spacious and had a beautiful view of the River Slaney. The rooms are a little dated but very clean. We don't spend much time in our room so as long as it's clean and bug free, it's good. We ate at the restaurant, the service and food was great.

The negatives about this hotel is no air conditioning or no ice machine.

Overall we had a good stay and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Your review was a delight to read and we sincerely appreciate your compliments. I am most pleased to read that you encountered great food and service during your stay with us. We are having an usual hot spell at the moment and we happily deliver ice to the room on request as we do not have ice machines in the corridors.
I am delighted to hear that you would definitely stay again and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon we hope.
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed 1 August 2014

great value family stay - 5 of us stayed in a family room. Excellent breakfast and kids club, as well as the pool, meant that the family were all well catered for. Location is excellent - 15 minutes to the amazing beach at Curracloe, and 90 minutes back up the road to Dublin.

Only small gripe was a lack of air conditioning in the room, but the heat in mid-July isn't something we normally have to put up with, so can give them a pass on that one. Ate in the bar two nights, and in the restaurant once, the bar being our pick of the two.

Would certainly stay again

Room Tip: if you're in room 216-222 or thereabout, the leisure centre entrance is more convenient than the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for sharing such great feedback with us. I was delighted to read of your experience while with us and I must say it is great to hear the mention of great value along the way.
Thank you for your understanding in regards to air conditioning and as you put it, the heat is not something we normally have to put up with. The "Sunny South East " certainly lived up to the billing on this occasion!
I am most pleased to hear that you would certainly stay again and we sincerely appreciate your recommendation. We hope to welcome you back very soon.
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed in the ferrycarraig hotel Monday to Thursday of this week. Overall we had a really nice stay. Just one or two things let it down. We were travelling with 3 children so booked what I thought large family room deluxe, but I found it to be quite small considering the price we paid for 3 nights.
The size of the room was my main disappointment. The bar food was very slow, I had to complain as I had an unhappy 18 month old with me.
The kids club was great. Kids saw and heard about balloons left on door on day of departure but never received them, so they were quite disappointed about that.,
Over all we had a lovely stay, the staff were very helpful and room very clean.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Ann-Marie H
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Ferrycarrig. I was delighted to learn that overall you had a really nice stay. I am however disappointed to learn of the let downs and I do hope the positives outweighed the negatives. I have taken note of the issues that you have highlighted and assure they will be given immediate attention.
I must apologise for the oversight on the balloons and sorry to have disappointed the kids.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to right this sometime in the future.
We sincerely appreciate the staff recognition along with the mention of clean rooms.
ireland
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here the weekend Friday till Monday the hotel is modern and the staff I must say very nice. Check in time of 4.is v late in my opinion now u can check in leave your luggage and they will send a text when your room is ready good but really I think rooms should be ready again 4. The breakfast was lovely a and the waitress Kathleen I think her name was so nice. We had food in the bar one time v v slow waiting for it I was about to ask for some thing off the waiter and he ran off ! There's a good bit of signs around saying keep your children under control while I totally understand this 100per cent I don't want it in my face everywhere I go once is enough . When we booked dinner for Sunday at 1.we arrived at 10 to one thinking we can get seated and get a order of drinks in .. no one there had to go in around to staff area to get some one all sitting down having a meeting I was told them I was told it wasn't 1 yet and I was to go outside to wait ... So much for my plan .. was called then at 1 to go in waiter was nice but never even took a drink order after . We got the soup it was fab and main course was lovely we then left as my little baby was getting upset and of course with the sign ! frowning down on my I felt I should leave. He was v cranky and wanted to sleep what can ya do. The wekend I stayed it Was v warm the room we where in was stuffy lovely room v clean but it was warm the last night we stayed I noticed u could request a fan made a huge diffrence to the room . One night I waited 35min for room service ! 2 toasted sambos and a dessert I felt like I was in the bar again .. there's a kids club here which I'm sure is great but hearing the kiddies disco from 9 to nearly 10 was annoying (I think it was a kids disco Any way) sound of music off and on between these times I could hear in my room. I will say the toddler barrier on the bed was great and the travel cot and blanket for my baby was lovely and the balloons left fornthek on our last day fab x the hotel has lovely points but the others just dissapoint me and made my stay a mixed bag sadly

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank doggiedayz
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I appreciate the detail you have given us in your comments and I will treat them with the respect and attention they deserve. I was pleased to read of the lovely points but on the other hand I was concerned to learn that others disappointed you.
May I just say that in regards to check in we endeavour where possible to have rooms ready as soon as possible and I do apologise if we kept you waiting this regard. In relation to your Sunday Lunch again I feel the initial welcome stage should have had a better outcome and I am sorry that we fell short here. It is however reassuring to hear of fab food. After reading your remarks in relation to signage on control of children I can candidly say that we have one very discreet sign in the bar and restaurant entrance and the placement is very subtle and indeed not in your face.
I fear that we may not have communicated a waiting time on room service as on a busy night room service orders may take 20-30 minutes which would be the norm in most establishments. We do aim to satisfy all guest tastes and I am sorry to hear that the kids disco had such a negative impact on your comfort.
I do hope that you will consider a return visit to the Ferrycarrig as I would very much like to regain your complete confidence and hopefully turn the disappointments into positive experiences.
New York, NY
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located in one if the most scenic parts of Ireland.

It is idyllic with super employees...always welcoming!

...a super restaurant would be the icing on the cake!....with Avocaesque bar/snack food.....
...would compliment wonderful location and hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer
Thank you very much for posting such a great review. I was delighted to read of super employees who were always welcoming and I will ensure that these remarks are passed on. We are most proud of our customer service at the Ferrycarrig and it is most gratifying to learn that you were the recipient of this.
Thank you very much for your endorsement and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Derek Coyne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferrycarrig
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Ferrycarrig Hotel? Share your experiences!