We are spending several days here currently. Others in our party are spread around Isla Verde, so I've seen what they have checked into. Adding it up - this is a great value for a luxury destination. Nice casino too!
1. Beach - Aquamarine, great services including chairs/umbrellas/drinks and food.
2. Pool - Quiet through the week... one of the most lovely views... see my photo.
3. Restaurants - The best of New York is in the lobby. BLT Steak is known for best steak on the Island. Across the street is little Metropole - to taste all the PR local cuisine (value!) without the hassle of shopping for an authentic restaurant. We didn't find that going into Old San Juan mid week for a restaurant was fun at all. You need a graduate degree in parking if you have a car. Weekend events are better and day trips for history. You pick up quickly on where the choice restaurants are: Isla Verde.
4. Service - Could not be friendlier or more appropriate.
5. Spa - under renovation currently, but early October the new spa doors open - looks amazing.
6. Meeting space - Five section ballroom area, with event sized foyers - lovely inside and with views. Board rooms were especially cool.
7. Guest rooms - Oasis comes to mind. Families: See the Garden Suites that open onto the pool. Made to order when you're traveling with kids. Suites and rooms for every possible need, including some with kitchens or pantries.
8. Safety - I was told by locals that when power goes out on the island due to hurricane conditions - the Ritz alone stays fully operational. A shining light in the darkness. I tend to remember information like that.
All in all - when you add up cost - this makes sense and it's 3 hours door to door from most Northeastern US airports. Contrast this site in paradise to the same in Florida and you'll see the value. No passport needed for Puerto Rico, by the way.
One con -No morning coffee in the lobby. The hotel subscribes to the coffee maker in the room idea - the one that wakes up your spouse with the smell of coffee... when they've been out late and just want to sleep?
Instead, you find yourself waiting for the restaurant to open, in line for a 'barrista' to take ten minutes for a coffee creation that doesn't come close. This should be an easy fix for management willing to give up the coffee revenue stream in exchange for happy return visitors.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton San Juan Hotel, Spa And Casino
- Ritz-Carlton San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- Ritz Carlton Carolina
- Carolina Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Carlton Puerto Rico
- Ritz Carolina
- The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan Puerto Rico/Isla Verde